Motofail Root -Android 2.3.6 & ICS - CASUAL [One-Click][Windows][Linux][Mac][Beta]

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Motofail Root -Android 2.3.6 & ICS - CASUAL [One-Click][Windows][Linux][Mac][Beta]

Warning
The Motofail Exploit is proven to work on 2.3.6.
The RootICSRAZR exploit is designed for the GSM X910 ICS leak.
This works on Genesis GT7250 Chinese tablet according to user reports.

This is a beta test of CASUAL. CASUAL is an easy way to deploy ADB scripts on Linux, Windows and Mac in a single package.

Downloads and Instructions
You will need:Note to Windows users: install drivers http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539192

Operating CASUAL Motofail/RootICSRAZR
  1. Run with right-click-open or from a prompt: java -jar path\to\Motofail-CASUAL-PublicBeta1.jar
  2. Put your device into Development/Debug mode
  3. Select "Root with RootICSRAZR" for ICS or select "root with Motofail" for Gingerbread.
  4. Click the "do it!" button
This will install the su binary, busybox and the SuperUser.apk

Also Included
This package also includes an option that allows you to type any single word (no spaces) from your computer onto your Android device. If you are already rooted, please test this.

Windows:
ve8awn.png

Ubuntu:
1zw27tz.png

Reporting Issues
Please leave DETAILED feedback. I would like the CASUAL log to solve problems. Click About>Show Log>Copy to Clipboard and paste it into here. But don't forget to use CODE tags.. EG. [CODE] My Pasted Log [/CODE]

At this point in the development cycle of this application, anything you consider an issue will be considered an issue and a will be resolved if you provide some sort of valuable feedback.

Any responses like this are not valuable.
some stupid guy said:

Here is the type of valuable responses I am looking for.
Some guy with good tastes said:
I think the xxx should be wider
A guy with a technical problem said:
I have a problem when running Motofail on XXX platform... It keeps XXX when I XXX. Here is the log
Code:
log

Please provide valuable feedback.

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
About
CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Unified Android Loader. It's a packaging system intended for use by developers to make deployment of scripts and what-not easier. It's been in development for two months and this is its first public release.

Look at the project page here: android-casual - Cross-platform ADB Scripting Unified Android Loader - Google Project Hosting
Check out the progress here: Changes - android-casual - Cross-platform ADB Scripting Unified Android Loader - Google Project Hosting
Get the code here: Source Checkout - android-casual - Cross-platform ADB Scripting Unified Android Loader - Google Project Hosting

Known issues
Mac affected: Certain devices (nook tablet) are not recognised by CASUAL
Linux affected: No known issues
Windows affected: No known issues
All Platforms Affected:No known issues

WontFix: CASUAL will run slowly on Java 1.6. It is designed on Java7. Java7 is currently in development and not ready for distribution by Oracle yet. CASUAL is ahead of it's time ;)

Features to be added: CASUAL could use internal flow control. Scripting command $ON is a planned feature. eg.. $ON "File not found", HALT, "please report this error"

Changelog:
Beta 1: initial release http://www.mediafire.com/?81yjgbdvibccjfu
Beta 2: Added RootICSRAZR Exploit script (support new ICS exploit) http://www.mediafire.com/?l4bm9bcg8mszuen
Beta 3: Fixed Windows 2x launch requried. Fixed double description of script upon script change. Added Superuser.apk to RootICSRAZR http://www.mediafire.com/?8mmj8fd528pj0jd
Beta 4: Fixed "must select script" bug. Added additional logging to CASUAL log for debugging. http://www.mediafire.com/?avv218z0gv941bs

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Just wanted to say... thanks a million, and thanks for supporting Linux.

I was running the latest Aussie OTA firmware (65.1.40.XT910.Optus.en.AU), and just rooted with your method, and it worked like a charm.

Great! That's wonderful.

I appreciate input even on positive experiences without bug reports. This lets me know that it worked.

yalkowni

Feb 2, 2011
LA JOLLA
I'm not meaning to annoy you. (I love your work) but what is the difference cause there is already another two threads like this.. and do you know if it supports the ics leak?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

teegunn

Dec 14, 2010
Thanks to the OP! Doomlord and Motofail both failed to work after the latest VZ update. Motofail worked several other times in the past on the same phone, but strangely not afte this last update. Your "Casual" DID work however! Thanks!

Reactions: AdamOutler

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I'm not meaning to annoy you. (I love your work) but what is the difference cause there is already another two threads like this.. and do you know if it supports the ics leak?

The difference:
1. This single file works on Linux, Windows and Mac.
2. The instructions for running on Linux, Windows and Mac are the exact same.
3. This provides a GUI.
4. This troubleshoots problems on it's own and corrects them.
5. This is a beta test of CASUAL, not the exploit. CASUAL is a framework I am developing. This beta test will work the kinks out of CASUAL if proper feedback is given. The exploit is proven and that's why I'm using it for my beta.

I can add the ICS leak root into it sometime this week.

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I forgot to mention that CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Unified Android Loader. It's a packaging system intended for use by developers to make deployment of scripts and what-not easier. It's been in development for two months and this is its first public release.

Look at the project page here: http://android-casual.googlecode.com
Check out the progress here: http://code.google.com/p/android-casual/source/list
Get the code here: http://code.google.com/p/android-casual/source/checkout

I've disabled the CASUAL Issues page until RC Phase.

Last edited:
Reactions: nook_lover

yalkowni

Feb 2, 2011
LA JOLLA
Hey people are saying that this is not working with the ics leak?? For example one user said that rom toolbox was not able to acquire root privileges

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
yalkowni, I was adhering to the RootICSRAZR policy of downloading Superuser.apk (The thing that "allows" Superuser to work) from the market.

So, this beta3 version should now install Superuser.apk.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8mmj8fd528pj0jd/CASUAL-PublicBeta3.jar

Fixes from previous version:
Windows OS first launch problem was fixed
When changing scripts description is no longer displayed twice.

yalkowni

Feb 2, 2011
LA JOLLA
yalkowni, I was adhering to the RootICSRAZR policy of downloading Superuser.apk (The thing that "allows" Superuser to work) from the market.

So, this beta3 version should now install Superuser.apk.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8mmj8fd528pj0jd/CASUAL-PublicBeta3.jar

Fixes from previous version:
Windows OS first launch problem was fixed
When changing scripts description is no longer displayed twice.

I told people to download superuser app from the market?. So i dont know:confused:

Shadowwar99

Jan 6, 2012
root

I tried your new beta version and i had no luck. This is what i got.

Welcome to CASUAL Beta
Beta tests are conducted to gain real-world information
Please leave constructive feedback.

--- STARTING ----
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE
--- pushing mempodroidcannot stat 'C:\Users\HEBERT\AppData\Local\Temp\HEBERTTEMPCASUAL576F6134\Root With RootICSRAZR\mempodroid': No such file or directory
--- pushing sucannot stat 'C:\Users\HEBERT\AppData\Local\Temp\HEBERTTEMPCASUAL576F6134\Root With RootICSRAZR\su': No such file or directory
--- pushing scriptcannot stat 'C:\Users\HEBERT\AppData\Local\Temp\HEBERTTEMPCASUAL576F6134\Root With RootICSRAZR\root.sh': No such file or directory
--- correcting permissions
"--- executing mempodroid and script
"--- Installing Superuser.apcan't find 'C:\Users\HEBERT\AppData\Local\Temp\HEBERTTEMPCASUAL576F6134\Root With RootICSRAZR\Superuser.apk' to install
"All Done!"

Ohleo

Apr 7, 2011
Yeah sorry but I am a little confused. I run the root for ICS and it just installs superuser? And then........?

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I tried your new beta version and i had no luck. This is what i got.

Welcome to CASUAL Beta
Beta tests are conducted to gain real-world information
Please leave constructive feedback.

--- STARTING ----
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE
--- pushing mempodroidcannot stat 'C:\Users\HEBERT\AppData\Local\Temp\HEBERTTEMPCASUAL576F6134\Root With RootICSRAZR\mempodroid': No such file or directory
--- pushing sucannot stat 'C:\Users\HEBERT\AppData\Local\Temp\HEBERTTEMPCASUAL576F6134\Root With RootICSRAZR\su': No such file or directory
--- pushing scriptcannot stat 'C:\Users\HEBERT\AppData\Local\Temp\HEBERTTEMPCASUAL576F6134\Root With RootICSRAZR\root.sh': No such file or directory
--- correcting permissions
"--- executing mempodroid and script
"--- Installing Superuser.apcan't find 'C:\Users\HEBERT\AppData\Local\Temp\HEBERTTEMPCASUAL576F6134\Root With RootICSRAZR\Superuser.apk' to install
"All Done!"
Ah! Its not auto-updating. You must select a script. just click the box at the bottom and then select Root With RootICSRAZR option. I'll fix that in the next revision along with the Mac problem.
Yeah sorry but I am a little confused. I run the root for ICS and it just installs superuser? And then........?
It executes a mempodroid exploit, installs the su binary, then installs superuser.apk. Your device then has root access and you should be able to run root applications.

Ohleo

Apr 7, 2011
Well, it did it in about 5 seconds but I do not have root.I just have the superuser app installed

And I am on a MAC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Warning
    The Motofail Exploit is proven to work on 2.3.6.
    The RootICSRAZR exploit is designed for the GSM X910 ICS leak.
    This works on Genesis GT7250 Chinese tablet according to user reports.

This is a beta test of CASUAL. CASUAL is an easy way to deploy ADB scripts on Linux, Windows and Mac in a single package.

Downloads and Instructions
    You will need:Note to Windows users: install drivers http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539192

Operating CASUAL Motofail/RootICSRAZR
    1. Run with right-click-open or from a prompt: java -jar path\to\Motofail-CASUAL-PublicBeta1.jar
    2. Put your device into Development/Debug mode
    3. Select "Root with RootICSRAZR" for ICS or select "root with Motofail" for Gingerbread.
    4. Click the "do it!" button
    This will install the su binary, busybox and the SuperUser.apk

Also Included
    This package also includes an option that allows you to type any single word (no spaces) from your computer onto your Android device. If you are already rooted, please test this.

Windows:
    ve8awn.png

Ubuntu:
    1zw27tz.png

Reporting Issues
    Please leave DETAILED feedback. I would like the CASUAL log to solve problems. Click About>Show Log>Copy to Clipboard and paste it into here. But don't forget to use CODE tags.. EG. [CODE] My Pasted Log [/CODE]

At this point in the development cycle of this application, anything you consider an issue will be considered an issue and a will be resolved if you provide some sort of valuable feedback.

Any responses like this are not valuable.
    some stupid guy said:

Here is the type of valuable responses I am looking for.
    Some guy with good tastes said:
    I think the xxx should be wider
    A guy with a technical problem said:
    I have a problem when running Motofail on XXX platform... It keeps XXX when I XXX. Here is the log
    Code:
    log

Please provide valuable feedback.
    About
    CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Unified Android Loader. It's a packaging system intended for use by developers to make deployment of scripts and what-not easier. It's been in development for two months and this is its first public release.

Look at the project page here: android-casual - Cross-platform ADB Scripting Unified Android Loader - Google Project Hosting
    Check out the progress here: Changes - android-casual - Cross-platform ADB Scripting Unified Android Loader - Google Project Hosting
    Get the code here: Source Checkout - android-casual - Cross-platform ADB Scripting Unified Android Loader - Google Project Hosting

Known issues
    Mac affected: Certain devices (nook tablet) are not recognised by CASUAL
    Linux affected: No known issues
    Windows affected: No known issues
    All Platforms Affected:No known issues

WontFix: CASUAL will run slowly on Java 1.6. It is designed on Java7. Java7 is currently in development and not ready for distribution by Oracle yet. CASUAL is ahead of it's time ;)

Features to be added: CASUAL could use internal flow control. Scripting command $ON is a planned feature. eg.. $ON "File not found", HALT, "please report this error"

Changelog:
    Beta 1: initial release http://www.mediafire.com/?81yjgbdvibccjfu
    Beta 2: Added RootICSRAZR Exploit script (support new ICS exploit) http://www.mediafire.com/?l4bm9bcg8mszuen
    Beta 3: Fixed Windows 2x launch requried. Fixed double description of script upon script change. Added Superuser.apk to RootICSRAZR http://www.mediafire.com/?8mmj8fd528pj0jd
    Beta 4: Fixed "must select script" bug. Added additional logging to CASUAL log for debugging. http://www.mediafire.com/?avv218z0gv941bs

I was running the latest Aussie OTA firmware (65.1.40.XT910.Optus.en.AU), and just rooted with your method, and it worked like a charm.

Great! That's wonderful.

I appreciate input even on positive experiences without bug reports. This lets me know that it worked.
    XT626 IronRock (Nextel) on GB

Flawless! Thanks!