[ROM][4.2.2] SGT7 - Making your Nexus 10 a true tablet

Search This thread

escosk8r

Aug 22, 2008
I'm loving this ROM, since I switched to it I have yet to flash anything else cause this is so nice and makes for a great daily driver. Not a problem at all yet :)

mvmacd

Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Anyone else have these issues?

Power widgets don't update when you change them in settings
Tablet UI always enabled regardless of check mark (ok, this is a bug, not an issue =P I like tab UI)

Btw how did you enable tab UI? I thought Google removed the code in 4.2?

I've also had a few hot reboots.

I like the Rom but perhaps I will switch to PA when it becomes stable.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

beerope

Aug 6, 2012

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
So every part of the post has to be development related?
Then you my friend violated your own rule by posting that post.

Yup, your comment should have been just development related and mine was calling you out.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

brGabriel

Mar 15, 2012
South Louisiana
I had fixed the toggle not working issue two days back, just wanted to confirm with someone before doing a new build.
It works fine either way on my tablet, since it ain't so high res ;)

New build: http://goo.im/devs/cdesai/sgt7/manta/sgt7-10.1-20121229-EXPERIMENTAL-manta-cdesai.zip

Just a suggestion... Do you think you could make a flashable zip to allow tablet ui on most nexus 10, 4.2.1-based ROMs? I used something similar for my nexus7 and I think it would be really popular as a MOD for the nexus10

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
@cdesai yes it is working correctly. Question. where did you get that themed market apk? I love the theme of it and would love to get the newest version.I applied my theme that I use and it went away. I flashed back to the stock theme and it did not come back. I then reflashed the ROM and still has not come back. I do not want to wipe and reinstall just to get that apk.

Last edited:

mvmacd

Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Just flashed latest build. The tab ui toggle works, but if I uncheck it, I get no nav bar. Toggling nav bar does nothing.

Reactions: Lim Wee Huat

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
On the latest build...I can also confirm no navigation buttons in non tablet ui mode

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
On the latest build...I can also confirm no navigation buttons in non tablet ui mode

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Is that by default or after you toggle the tablet ui on and off?

Also, grab logs. (logcat is what we need, and a quick search for "How to logcat" will be enough to know how to do that.)

duarian

Jul 19, 2012

Also, grab logs. (logcat is what we need, and a quick search for "How to logcat" will be enough to know how to do that.)

Both by default and after the tablet ui is toggled. Not at home at the moment but will try to get you a log cat

mvmacd

Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts

The default was tab UI for me. This mode has nav bar.
But when I uncheck tablet UI it goes to the stock layout with notifications up top.
It is then that I have no navigation bar.

I forgot you don't have the device yet otherwise I would have uploaded log in my other post.
http://www.pastebin.ca/2298547

1 more thing,I haven't been able to find Screenshot. Can you add this to power menu?

Swiped from my Nexus 10 using xda-developers app

OldGaf

Feb 6, 2008
Another N10 ROM..... excellent!!!

I use Apex Pro so I am not concerned with any Trebuchet additions / updates.
All I am interested in is CM 10.1 with nav buttons where they should be.... bottom left, and notifications on the bottom right.
From what I can tell this ROM is exactly what I am looking for.
So... is there anywhere that states which CM Nightly this ROM is based on (I assume that the nightlies are what is merged into this from time to time)?

OldGaf

Feb 6, 2008
The "About Tablet" under settings shows it is built from CM10.1-20121229-EXPERIMENTAL

Cool! - thanks for the update.... may give this a shot tonight when I get settled in.
I hope I can stick with this one for a bit.... been ROM'ing it up a lot since I got it.
It's great having so many to choose from, but the down side is having so many to choose from :p

Top Liked Posts