[Q] Kitkat upgrade - halfway there, can't flash recovery...

Search This thread

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12
Hi there,

I had Bobcatrom 4.3 with my UK N9005 on Three (unbranded). I downloaded and flashed N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md5 which was fine. This boots fine without issue, however I am now trying to install a KitKat recovery but I am repeatedly getting the same issue with Odin (tried 3.04/07/09) in that it is recognised on the port but fails with "Can't open the serial(COM) port". Each and every time!

The update has gone well so far. I have installed the official rom and that boots. In download mode it states "UDC START" and also "WRITE PROTECTION: enable" - not sure if that has anything to do with it?

I have followed the instructions but I just can't flash a custom recovery and I have tired the CWM, the latest Philz advanced one and also TWRP. Removing the battery, restarting my phone, restarting the laptop, trying different versions of Odin and different USB sockets on laptop - nothing!!

"Can't open the serial(COM) port" - is as far as I'm now getting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Reinstall your USB drivers, also make sure you have the right version of recovery, looks like you're using the older one's for 4.3 and not 4.4

UDC/Write protection etc are different, and have nothing to do with that so don't worry about them.