Setcpu

Search This thread

tkrechel

Feb 15, 2010
Is anyone using setcpu? I bought it back when I had the hero but I'm not sure if it will work now on this phone. I'm rooted using toast's method if that even matters for something like this. thanks in advance!

tkrechel

Feb 15, 2010
yeah I dont wanna overclock i just want to downclock when the screen is off to save battery. I tried using the nexus one settings but it didnt seem like it was working using on demand. The clock speeds it was showing were kind of goofy. Guess i should wait for the programmer to update it

xtkxhom3r

Oct 10, 2007
yeah I dont wanna overclock i just want to downclock when the screen is off to save battery. I tried using the nexus one settings but it didnt seem like it was working using on demand. The clock speeds it was showing were kind of goofy. Guess i should wait for the programmer to update it

what?!? what do you mean u dont want to oc... theres always room for more speed!

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
I posted a patch in a thread in the development forum that would enable full support, plus overclocking, but nobody seems to have noticed it.

I might have to buy an EVO just to compile and test kernels... Or, if anybody wants to help me, shoot me a PM.

beerock

Mar 19, 2010
I used the unrevoked method to root and picked the N1 for the device in setcpu and it seems to be working great with the on demand setting. I have noticed a nice increase in battery life so far.

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
yea i use 1.5.4 pro edition... i make it go to 245mhz while idle/sleep... it works perfectly... and it runs 'ondemand'... if you dont need speed it wont go... i keep it to start at boot, and have ATK to ignore it so it doesnt close... theres no lag btw when it moves back to 998mhz