Nokia X2 Views

Search This thread

dev27

Jun 12, 2014
Ooty
Its time already! :laugh:
Just when Nokia X range devices have started fading, we now have the new Nokia X2, quite a surprise from Nokia and Microsoft. This time, they have made some noticable improvements, especially with the hardware. They have offered a RAM with an entire gig, a 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 200 dual-core Cortex A7 processor, a 5MP camera with LED flash along with a front camera, two hardware keys, one for home and the other is the back key, a glassy transparent panel as found in the Asha phones along with Nokia's ClearBack display with resolution 480x800, 217 ppi. As for the software, it features Nokia X Software Platform 2.0, AOSP API level 18, with Windows Phone like app drawer, fastlane and more controls on the top bar.

aW1nX0tleUZlYXR1cmVzTVd0cWFI1.jpg

So, it seems that Nokia is still stuck with Jelly Bean. Maybe this time, we get 4.3 but it just isn't enough. When 4.4.4 is rolling out, 4.3 seems a little old. But who cares, new updated custom ROMs are gonna fly in, at no time. As for the highlight, it is priced around EUR 99, making it rougly around Rs.8500 or 140 USD. Quite satisfactory, isn't it. But, the question still remains, will Nokia X2 do the trick?
Being a Nokia X user, my personal opinion would be to give it a try. When Nokia released X, the common opinion was that Nokia was trying to make Android appear buggy by providing such a low level hardware. But Nokia has broken that talk by providing a way better hardware improvement and by still showing importance in the X Software Platform devices. One thing is still certain, Microsoft is trying its level best to compete with Google services, but it is no where near Google. But at this stage, the X platform is a plus for Microsoft and it seems like Microsoft isn't gonna give up. It will be of no surprise if new devices roll out in the near future.

So people, what are your views over Nokia X2? Post it in this thread. Lets hear some common opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: SH3H1 and ndrancs
Just when Nokia X range devices have started fading, we now have the new Nokia X2, quite a surprise from Nokia and Microsoft. This time, they have made some noticable improvements, especially with the hardware. They have offered a RAM with an entire gig, a 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 200 dual-core Cortex A7 processor, a 5MP camera with LED flash along with a front camera, two hardware keys, one for home and the other is the back key, a glassy transparent panel as found in the Asha phones along with Nokia's ClearBack display with resolution 480x800, 217 ppi. As for the software, it features Nokia X Software Platform 2.0, AOSP API level 18, with Windows Phone like app drawer, fastlane and more controls on the top bar.

So, it seems that Nokia is still stuck with Jelly Bean. Maybe this time, we get 4.3 but it just isn't enough. When 4.4.4 is rolling out, 4.3 seems a little old. But who cares, new updated custom ROMs are gonna fly in, at no time. As for the highlight, it is priced around EUR 99, making it rougly around Rs.8500 or 140 USD. Quite satisfactory, isn't it. But, the question still remains, will Nokia X2 do the trick?
Being a Nokia X user, my personal opinion would be to give it a try. When Nokia released X, the common opinion was that Nokia was trying to make Android appear buggy by providing such a low level hardware. But Nokia has broken that talk by providing a way better hardware improvement and by still showing importance in the X Software Platform devices. One thing is still certain, Microsoft is trying its level best to compete with Google services, but it is no where near Google. But at this stage, the X platform is a plus for Microsoft and it seems like Microsoft isn't gonna give up. It will be of no surprise if new devices roll out in the near future.

So people, what are your views over Nokia X2? Post it in this thread. Lets hear some common opinions.

I have XL, what i can say is, i'm very satisfied with its performance. Those who are telling negative about X platform really hater's that don't having the device.

I will get a new android nokia when they will release another 5'' display, maybe X2L, who knows.

dev27

Jun 12, 2014
Ooty
I have XL, what i can say is, i'm very satisfied with its performance. Those who are telling negative about X platform really hater's that don't having the device.

I will get a new android nokia when they will release another 5'' display, maybe X2L, who knows.

For a new android user, or for some one who is not into much development, I would recommend the Nokia X software platform devices. But as far as developers are considered, the X platform devices are not upto the mark. Nokia X2 can be considered as a recognizable device. If only Nokia and Microsoft take further steps into developing a much better device, who knows, these devices can really be something. Just imagine, if we were to get the best of Android's brains, Windows' looks and Nokia's hardware...

SH3H1

Jul 2, 2013
Kannur
Good to see some activity :)

Well..guys i'm interested in this device but before than i wanna know something :)
Any cool dev like dhacker29 interested in this device? For developing?
Since Moto E have same chipset it won't be too hard to get KITKAT running on this device i think !!
Dhacker also got dual sim working on Moto G !
That's why wanted him since Nokia X2 is a dual sim variant only (?)

piko1bg

Jul 12, 2014
Sofia
well what can i say the platform updates are good thing i love my nokia x well nokia x2 looks very tempting a Nokia with Microsoft and google quality no one can beat this thing what i dislike about this phone is the more asha look for instance if you have a Lumia 630 next to the x1 you cant tell them apart the other thing is the 2nd button i just dont get it why someone will need that
what we need now is cortana on the x

im impressed from my phone performance i agree with tiger411
Those who are telling negative about X platform really hater's that never had the device
but i will add : or test it for more than 30 days

Last edited:
Reactions: Shojol_du

Sharif-othman

Jul 10, 2014
Personally I couldn't care less about Google Play, it's restricted in my country so I have always used alternative market apps and they work perfectly fine. I can't wait to get the new x2 :)

mgama

Mar 19, 2013
Nokia / microsoft

Hope Microsoft (and former Nokia guys) have learned the lesson: give people what they want, or else loose clients!

Too bad there was time wasted, if these two players were in market earlier giving people the desired Android maybe today we could have smartphones with PC-like specs and more software convergence...

Still, I´m really anxious to put my hands on this baby, seems the better of 3 worlds in one package!

:cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
Well..guys i'm interested in this device but before than i wanna know something :)
Any cool dev like dhacker29 interested in this device? For developing?
Since Moto E have same chipset it won't be too hard to get KITKAT running on this device i think !!
Dhacker also got dual sim working on Moto G !
That's why wanted him since Nokia X2 is a dual sim variant only (?)

I'm really interested. But sadly, I don't have the device. Only Nokia X.

mgama

Mar 19, 2013
bye bye X2

Bad news!
Microsoft cancelled Nokia X2 and all Android developments!!!!
Seems that X2 production was reduced to a number like a few Ks total, have to wait until late September for more news, maybe will be available a limited number of devices on some markets.
What a waste of time and energy waiting for this device!!
Really can´t expect coherency from this Redmond guys, since Bill Gates leaved MS the public expectation and what clients want to see don´t count.
What does this people want for a company anyway????:confused::confused::confused:

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
Bad news!
Microsoft cancelled Nokia X2 and all Android developments!!!!
Seems that X2 production was reduced to a number like a few Ks total, have to wait until late September for more news, maybe will be available a limited number of devices on some markets.
What a waste of time and energy waiting for this device!!
Really can´t expect coherency from this Redmond guys, since Bill Gates leaved MS the public expectation and what clients want to see don´t count.
What does this people want for a company anyway????:confused::confused::confused:

Not to deny your speech, Microsoft has cancelled FUTURE releases for Nokias android phones. But they will continue to support the existing ones and as Nokia X2 is already out, they won't cut it off. :)

mgama

Mar 19, 2013
Not to deny your speech, Microsoft has cancelled FUTURE releases for Nokias android phones. But they will continue to support the existing ones and as Nokia X2 is already out, they won't cut it off. :)

This phone will (or could) be available in Europe but in limited quantity, it will continue to be sold on emerging markets - and this is sad for me!
This means there won´t be many available here, or even could not even be available.
As an existing brand, they will sure give support for what they sell, obviously - but don´t expect to much news like KK or L.
Anyway, production will be reduced and wont be other Nokia with android models. Instead of cancelling I should say disinvest on X2, sorry.
Words of a Nokia reseller based on today information, of course that can change as the wind also changes in Redmond.....

mgama

Mar 19, 2013
bye Nokia X2

Well, so much expectation, result: nothing!
Can´t live with uncertain scenarios, gonna choose another android phone - LG L70 dual.
This way I don´t have to wait for hacks to put Google services on Nokia/MS phones...lol...
Good luck for owners of the X2, I feel a little disappointed for can´t have on my hands this (still thinking so!) very interesting piece of technology :(

:crying::crying:

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
Can´t live with uncertain scenarios, gonna choose another android phone - LG L70 dual.
This way I don´t have to wait for hacks to put Google services on Nokia/MS phones...lol...
Good luck for owners of the X2, I feel a little disappointed for can´t have on my hands this (still thinking so!) very interesting piece of technology :(

This phone will (or could) be available in Europe but in limited quantity, it will continue to be sold on emerging markets - and this is sad for me!
This means there won´t be many available here, or even could not even be available.
As an existing brand, they will sure give support for what they sell, obviously - but don´t expect to much news like KK or L.
Anyway, production will be reduced and wont be other Nokia with android models. Instead of cancelling I should say disinvest on X2, sorry.
Words of a Nokia reseller based on today information, of course that can change as the wind also changes in Redmond.....

See? I told you! http://www.gsmarena.com/the_nokia_x2_may_not_get_cancelled_after_all-news-9198.php

Reactions: mgama

rleo6965

Aug 27, 2008
Quezon City
Im really excited for this device i hope it will release soon in PH

It's already available in Philippines with price of P6,990. But still not decide to buy. I like the hardware and price. But I have Facebook account that will not be able for me to login. What android rom that I need to install or root this nokia x2 to be able to use my facebook account and other google account?

shafiaszad

Aug 8, 2014
Dhaka
Although stock rom is fine, we need custom roms. There is already an unofficial cm11 for nokia x. So why shouldn't we get one. And also lewa. I hope developers will work on this device.

Reactions: emorajan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

well what can i say the platform updates are good thing i love my nokia x well nokia x2 looks very tempting a Nokia with Microsoft and google quality no one can beat this thing what i dislike about this phone is the more asha look for instance if you have a Lumia 630 next to the x1 you cant tell them apart the other thing is the 2nd button i just dont get it why someone will need that
    what we need now is cortana on the x

im impressed from my phone performance i agree with tiger411
    Those who are telling negative about X platform really hater's that never had the device
    but i will add : or test it for more than 30 days

See? I told you! http://www.gsmarena.com/the_nokia_x2_may_not_get_cancelled_after_all-news-9198.php
    Although stock rom is fine, we need custom roms. There is already an unofficial cm11 for nokia x. So why shouldn't we get one. And also lewa. I hope developers will work on this device.