Issue using XPosed in LG G3

• Thread starter Deleted member 267841
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 267841

Hi,
Using XPOSED v. 2.7-exp1 in my LG G3 and I hve issues when I try to edit a contact.

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): Process: com.android.contacts, PID: 685
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=12; index=-1
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:310)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.EventFieldEditorView.initialize(EventFieldEditorView.java:726)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.EventFieldEditorView.setValues(EventFieldEditorView.java:265)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.createEditorView(KindSectionView.java:328)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.rebuildFromState(KindSectionView.java:251)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.setState(KindSectionView.java:200)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.RawContactEditorView.setState(RawContactEditorView.java:430)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.bindEditors(ContactEditorFragment.java:1296)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.bindEditorsForExistingContact(ContactEditorFragment.java:814)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.setData(ContactEditorFragment.java:772)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$17.onLoadFinished(ContactEditorFragment.java:3731)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$17.onLoadFinished(ContactEditorFragment.java:3701)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.callOnLoadFinished(LoaderManager.java:483)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.onLoadComplete(LoaderManager.java:451)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.content.Loader.deliverResult(Loader.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.ContactLoader.deliverResult(ContactLoader.java:1328)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.ContactLoader.deliverResult(ContactLoader.java:83)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.dispatchOnLoadComplete(AsyncTaskLoader.java:265)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.onPostExecute(AsyncTaskLoader.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:632)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.AsyncTask.access$600(AsyncTask.java:177)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:645)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5118)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:794)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:610)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 1201):   Force finishing activity com.android.contacts/.activities.ContactEditorActivity

D

Deleted member 267841

Tried to reboot with all modules deactivated and the issue persist.

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
That error doesn't seem to be related to Xposed. Does it still happen after uninstalling Xposed and rebooting?

D

Deleted member 267841

That error doesn't seem to be related to Xposed. Does it still happen after uninstalling Xposed and rebooting?

The issue has don't ocurrered while i'm configuring my phone, before activate the xposed.
No apps installed after enable the great piece of software and xposed is related in the exception stack

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
The issue has don't ocurrered while i'm configuring my phone, before activate the xposed.
No apps installed after enable the great piece of software and xposed is related in the exception stack
No, that last line doesn't indicate the issue is related to Xposed. It only means Xposed is installed. Actually, you'll see it in any stack trace.

So, again, please remove Xposed and test again.

D

Deleted member 267841

No, that last line doesn't indicate the issue is related to Xposed. It only means Xposed is installed. Actually, you'll see it in any stack trace.

So, again, please remove Xposed and test again.

Ok,
Uninstalled XPosed.
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact.
NO ERRORS

Reinstalled XPosed
Disabled modules (I only use a module)
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact
FC IS HERE

Open XPosed
Enabled the module (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox)
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact
FC IS HERE

Note that the issue occurs only when I edit a contact. Not when I create a new contact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uvaavu

Sep 13, 2006
Second circle of Hell
Can edit contacts fine on my G3, with many modules enabled (including G3 Tweakbox), so i suspect its a conflict with something else you have installed.

Note: I'm using Xposed Version "2.7 experimental1" which include app_process 58 and XposedBridge.jar 54.

Ok,
Uninstalled XPosed.
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact.
NO ERRORS

Reinstalled XPosed
Disabled modules (I only use a module)
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact
FC IS HERE

Open XPosed
Enabled the module (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox)
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact
FC IS HERE

Note that the issue occurs only when I edit a contact. Not when I create a new contact.

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
That sounds strange... you're sure you editing exactly the same contact and everything? As mentioned by GermainZ, there's no indication in the log that this would be related to Xposed.

D

Deleted member 267841

That sounds strange... you're sure you editing exactly the same contact and everything? As mentioned by GermainZ, there's no indication in the log that this would be related to Xposed.

Hi
The issue occurs when editing all the contacts, not for new contacts.
Really isn't a problem. I can edit my contacts using desktop interface.
Note: just updated the rom a few minutes ago. Xposed says app_process isnt installed and xposed_bridge version is 54, but issue persists.
Thanks

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
Note: just updated the rom a few minutes ago. Xposed says app_process isnt installed and xposed_bridge version is 54, but issue persists.

If (the patched) app_process really isn't installed, then it would mean that Xposed definitely can't be the culprit, because it wouldn't be active... Is Xposed still mentioned at the bottom of the stack trace?

D

Deleted member 267841

If (the patched) app_process really isn't installed, then it would mean that Xposed definitely can't be the culprit, because it wouldn't be active... Is Xposed still mentioned at the bottom of the stack trace?

sorry for the delay.
not, FC don't contains the Xposed now.

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): Process: com.android.contacts, PID: 9612
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=12; index=-1
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:310)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.EventFieldEditorView.initialize(EventFieldEditorView.java:726)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.EventFieldEditorView.setValues(EventFieldEditorView.java:265)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.createEditorView(KindSectionView.java:328)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.rebuildFromState(KindSectionView.java:251)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.setState(KindSectionView.java:200)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.RawContactEditorView.setState(RawContactEditorView.java:430)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.bindEditors(ContactEditorFragment.java:1296)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.bindEditorsForExistingContact(ContactEditorFragment.java:814)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.setData(ContactEditorFragment.java:772)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$17.onLoadFinished(ContactEditorFragment.java:3731)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$17.onLoadFinished(ContactEditorFragment.java:3701)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.callOnLoadFinished(LoaderManager.java:483)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.onLoadComplete(LoaderManager.java:451)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.content.Loader.deliverResult(Loader.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.ContactLoader.deliverResult(ContactLoader.java:1328)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.contacts.ContactLoader.deliverResult(ContactLoader.java:83)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.dispatchOnLoadComplete(AsyncTaskLoader.java:265)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.onPostExecute(AsyncTaskLoader.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:632)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.os.AsyncTask.access$600(AsyncTask.java:177)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:645)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5118)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:794)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:610)
E/AndroidRuntime( 9612): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Provably a LG bug.
Tested more and it seems only occurs when I try to edit a contact that includes a special date, like birthday.
Thanks for your time!