[Q] - How to increase MTU size to 1500 on G9000I

Search This thread

mc_riddle

Dec 16, 2013
Hi All,

My last phone was a SGS3 LTE Variant (GT-I9305T) and was running an unbranded 4.3 German stock ROM. Inadvertantly, MTU size was set on this phone to 1500 which meant I could use the phone to tether, and most importantly connect to Xbox Live.

Since upgrading to the SGS5 (SM-G900I) with a stock firmware (Telstra - Australia) - MTU is now standardized at a much lower size (presumably by the carrier). Whilst I can tether and browse on connected devices, I can no long connect to XBL without taking my SIM and placing it in my old phone.

Can anyone suggest a way to manually increase this size on my new SGS5?

mc_riddle

Dec 16, 2013
Hi All,

My last phone was a SGS3 LTE Variant (GT-I9305T) and was running an unbranded 4.3 German stock ROM. Inadvertantly, MTU size was set on this phone to 1500 which meant I could use the phone to tether, and most importantly connect to Xbox Live.

Since upgrading to the SGS5 (SM-G900I) with a stock firmware (Telstra - Australia) - MTU is now standardized at a much lower size (presumably by the carrier). Whilst I can tether and browse on connected devices, I can no long connect to XBL without taking my SIM and placing it in my old phone.

Bump

Does anyone know if the non-branded XSA firmware would achieve this?

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
If you have root you try this one http://code.google.com/p/mtuchanger/

Hi All,

mc_riddle

Dec 16, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion, I already tried this app with no luck.

I did fix it though.

Phone needs to be rooted with busybox installed

First I found out the interface names which are :
Data : rmnet0
Tethering vnic : rmnet1

I then opened a terminal emulator and typed the following :

su
ifconfig rmnet0 mtu 1500
Ifconfig rmnet1 mtu 1500

Hey presto! Im back online!

Last edited: