Search This thread

bleclair

Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque
:-(

Well, NewEgg charged me but did not ship. I guess I won't mind too much if it ships tomorrow.

Anyone else's order sitting at "charged?"

Last edited:

tineras

Apr 15, 2011
I'll believe it when I see it, but the delivery date is listed as 4/22.

5642487010_26fd24d4ac_z.jpg

Unfortunately I chose a shipping service that only delivers on weekdays (not weekends). So I'm guessing it will leave tomorrow and arrive on Monday. I should have looked more closely at the options. BUT, if for some strange reason I get an update that it will arrive tomorrow, I'll share that here.

EDIT: I'm waiting on an Official update from the UPS page. The UPS site still doesn't have any actual shipping info for my tracking number.

Last edited:

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
You HAVE to have some sort of data connection to use Google Maps or Navigation -- the map data is not stored locally. That isn't limited to the Transformer. It's not even A-GPS. I think Engadget doesn't understand that.

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
Haha the story disappeared after the comments section filled up with rebuttals. No retraction, just Engadget pretending they didn't publish a story without checking the facts.

bullet2300

Oct 31, 2008
Rofl, I love how they ended th story with:

"Thanks, Richard"

I know they always thank their source at the end, but this as just too funny since it was all wrong/non-story info lol

donatom3

Oct 13, 2007
Costa Mesa, CA
Haha the story disappeared after the comments section filled up with rebuttals. No retraction, just Engadget pretending they didn't publish a story without checking the facts.

Seriously, they are getting bad. You would think a tech site would know that a GPS sensor is not the same thing as offline maps. They even started calling it a-gps which relies on cell towers.

skoodog

Apr 9, 2011

They should retract their i-loving review while their at it. Let me summarize:

"The Good: Hardware (read: better h/w than Apple at $100 less)
The Bad: Software (read: all problems will eventually be fixed, esp when it sells out faster than a U2 concert)

For more details, read Anandtech's review."

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007
Well, it has some info on the tracking # at least now

6th0yg.jpg

Woo.. UPS says it will be delivered by 3PM today

2q352fl.jpg

I will post some pics as soon as it arrives.. might have to be from my phone cam as my wife's not letting me on my computer since i had outpatient back surgery to shave one of my discs from hitting my spinal cord. i'll use the phone though since she lets me use that if thats the case. right now she's sleep so i am sneaking time in. the miracles of modern medicine.. back surgery and i'm home the same day

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts