[APPS][ICS] Compilation of default AOSP Apps *Now has Browser, MMS & Email*

Search This thread

mossination

Feb 10, 2011
I'm talking about the latest updated xda app and changing the default view from light to dark. Its themed just like ics pretty heavily...

do877m.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Last edited:

sacman

Mar 1, 2008
I applied clockmdwork, tried fixing permission in recovery and aslo applied superuser; but still i can't copy apk to /system/app. System is throwing readonly message when i try to copy apks using astro.

jnicks510

Mar 3, 2011
I'm talking about the latest updated xda app and changing the default view from light to dark. Its themed just like ics pretty heavily...

do877m.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

I don't have that. Maybe because my xda app came with the ROM. I tried to update it but it says it's up to date =/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

m4570d0n

Nov 20, 2011
Houston
OnePlus 6T
I installed the Beats audio zip in CWMR yesterday and when I tried to plug in a 3.5mm headphone jack to a small stereo, no music would play through the stereo. It worked fine on GB, and on the stock ICS leak. I tried all the different combinations of toggling the dock setting, switching between MusicFX and DSP, enabling and disabling DSP, etc. Nothing worked. Music plays from the handset just fine, but when I plug it in, it goes silent. Anyone else tried the Beats Audio zip?

Also, is there an easy way to remove it without reverting back to a nandroid backup? I can do that, I just really don't want to if I don't have to right now haha.

EDIT:
After making this post, I tried listening to music with headphones and it worked fine. I don't know if Android can recognize the difference between 3.5mm headphones and a cheap 3.5mm male-to-male cable to plug into a small dock/stereo, but it might have been just a crappy cable. I was at a friend's place so the stereo and cable are not mine to test again unless I go over there again. I also wiped everything and flashed Sky ICS today and have not tried to mess with Beats again yet.

Last edited:

mark1s

Jun 12, 2011
I installed the Beats audio zip in CWMR yesterday and when I tried to plug in a 3.5mm headphone jack to a small stereo, no music would play through the stereo. It worked fine on GB, and on the stock ICS leak. I tried all the different combinations of toggling the dock setting, switching between MusicFX and DSP, enabling and disabling DSP, etc. Nothing worked. Music plays from the handset just fine, but when I plug it in, it goes silent. Anyone else tried the Beats Audio zip?

Also, is there an easy way to remove it without reverting back to a nandroid backup? I can do that, I just really don't want to if I don't have to right now haha.

DSP and Beats Audio don't works for me neither... Too bad

Oh and I'm on AT&T note, didn't realised this was the skyrocket forum hehe

Last edited:

promiseofcake

Dec 8, 2011
San Francisco
It's hard to tell if Beats Audio is working since there is no switch, but in my opinion the sound does sound different. (Let's go with "better") after flashing.

However, I cannot get DSP manager to work at all, with or without Beats Audio the settings do not affect the playing music. I do not have my good headphones with me today but I assumed I would be able to hear some difference with Bass Boost to "Extreme"

Tested on Google Music and Samsung Music Players

Edit: Found the option in Sounds, Effects to select Music FX or DSP Manager as the EQ but selecting DSP Manager still does not provide any change in output. (post Beats install)

Edit 2: Attempted to add the missing "libcyanogen-dsp.so" file to /system/lib/soundfx to fix, still no change in output. Possibly Beats is now interfering?

Last edited:

keller.jeff

Aug 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I removed the old apk's and odex files, copied new apk's to system/apps and get parsing errors when I try to launch.
I've only tried browser and gallery.
I have permissions set to rw-r-r,
and I ran fix permissions in cwm...

Any ideas?

uhuglue

Mar 27, 2012
I am still unable to correctly send email through exchange using the AOSP email app on NexusMod ICS Beta 3. To send mail I have to go to the specific account, enter the outbox, close the app, re-open it (from outbox) and refresh.

Anyone else have similar experience? Happens on any network, LTE or WiFi.

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
Anybody else having trouble receiving and viewing pic messages using the stock mms app?

A "download" icon would show up whenever I recieved a picture, but touching it would only make it go dark and change to "downloading" for a second. Then it would change back to "download" but had not downloaded the picture.

Also, I was having trouble receiving SMS or MMS messages at all with this app. They would not push, whenever I opened it I would suddenly get several messages that could have been hours old. The only way for them to push immediately was to try leaving it running. I had also had the same problem with the email and the exchange that were previously in the OP. I'm not sure if there's a relationship between the messaging and exchange apps, but I am back to running social network, stock Sammy email, and the aosp messaging app that seanzscreams included in sky ics 4.2 a-7, and all of these problems seem to have been fixed. I have not tried the aosp email in the updated OP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
guys just to make your life easier, all this bravia gallery, xloud, beats audio and all this stuff is just place-bo nothing else. none of our phones have built in hardware to work along with libs provided to them. why do i say that, because i used xperia x10, xperia arc, i9100, and now skyrocket. yeah bravia gallery on takes affect if u have a hardware of xperia arc because arc has c-mos sensor which helps with "bravia gallery" and that effect with lib. and x10 doesn't have any sensor so its just another placebo, and for xloud beats it has sound chip which has equalizer built into it. check it out if u think im f'n with ya, its soo true..and beats audio same thing htc making a chip with equalizer for added bass, in hardware to support and libs to back it up..

Top Liked Posts