[c190x] [CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

JustArchi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download

Warning! PhilZ recovery is currently in ALPHA stage for Xperia M. Some features may be broken!

Known bugs:
- Half-broken touch (you can use touch, however not select anything) - use hardware keys like in non-touch CWM recovery
- Broken navigation bar
- You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
[c190x] [CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia M

Contributors
JustArchi

Version Information

Created 2014-07-05
Last Updated 2014-07-05

JustArchi

Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
[size=+1]Flashing and updating instructions[/size]

If you have pure untouched stock
Before you begin: Make sure that you have the ROM you want in .zip format and this recovery in .zip format on your external sd card. If you don't have one, on your internal.

1. Install Towelroot APK.
2. Launch it, click on magic button, bah, you're now rooted.
3. Make a backup of your TA partition using i.e. Backup TA. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP, or you will lose your warranty forever. You need root for this step, so don't try it without 1 and 2.
4. Get familiar with fastboot.
5. Turn off your device.
6. Hold Vol-up button, don't release it.
7. Plug your phone to your PC, while you're holding Vol-up.
8. It won't boot (black screen) but LED should indicate that device is turned on.
9. Execute fastboot -i 0x0fce getvar version. Use fastboot.exe instead of fastboot if you're on windows, do the same for all fastboot commands, you should already know it.
10. If you got return value, such as "0.5", you did everything correctly, congratulations! If you did not get return value, don't go further until you get it, because your fastboot connection doesn't work.
11. Get bootloader unlock code from Sony here. You can view your IMEI with *#06# code if you need it.
12. Unlock bootloader with fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xCODE where CODE is the code from Sony. I.e. if you got "ABCD0011" code on your e-mail, execute fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xABCD0011
13. You should get response like "Okay".
14. Extract boot.img file from the zip you downloaded from this thread. Put in the same directory as fastboot.
15. Flash boot.img with fastboot flash boot boot.img.
16. Execute fastboot reboot to reboot.
17. Wait for your device to turn on, then immediately after you see that your led changed color to pink, start clicking Vol-Up button repeatedly. Stop when you see that your led changed it's color to blue.
18. If you did everything correctly, you should have booted custom recovery right now.
19. Enter "mounts & storage", and format: /system /cache /data. If you don't have anything important on your internal sd card, I strongly suggest to format /data and /data/media as well.
20. Flash any ROM you want
21. Remember that your ROM will overwrite your recovery (kernel), so if you want to preserve recovery, flash this zip right after every ROM flash.
22. Finally, reboot, be patient, you shouldn't get any bootloop.

If you already have CWM, TWRP or any custom recovery installed
1. Simply flash this recovery with install zip option.

Last edited:

bugggmenot

Feb 24, 2014
Tehran
I'm using CM11 (Free Xperia) with CWM Recovery , is it possible to install this recovery on the current? would it be possible to make any kernel related issues? (phone not booting up and else).

JustArchi

Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw
I'm using CM11 (Free Xperia) with CWM Recovery , is it possible to install this recovery on the current? would it be possible to make any kernel related issues? (phone not booting up and else).

This kernel has been only tested on my private ArchiDroid 2.X build (not public yet), but it's based on FreeXperia sources so it should be compatible with all CM11 ROMs that don't need any kernel-ramdisk-based changes, including your CM11.

In case of issues you can always reflash, as this recovery boots and works properly, apart from some functions we're currently fixing with Phil.

Reactions: bugggmenot

icoolguy1995

Jun 22, 2012
HARDA
This kernel has been only tested on my private ArchiDroid 2.X build (not public yet), but it's based on FreeXperia sources so it should be compatible with all CM11 ROMs that don't need any kernel-ramdisk-based changes, including your CM11.

In case of issues you can always reflash, as this recovery boots and works properly, apart from some functions we're currently fixing with Phil.
I also tried to build Philz and was succeeded, but it has same issue. I contacted Philz he told to me to enable Axis parameter in BoardConfig.mk but still the same. What you think, why this issue is caused? Due to faulty Touch screen events?

itsnie

Mar 24, 2014
Failed to download ..
Can u give me mirror link like dev-host, mediafire, etc?

Edit: ok now fix :D

Edit again: i get bootloop, after flashing your phill touch -_-

Last edited:

maniganala

Aug 22, 2014
Hyderabad
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
17. Wait for your device to turn on, then immediately after you see that your led changed color to pink, start clicking Vol-Up button repeatedly. Stop when you see that your led changed it's color to blue.

Upto step 16 was okay. 17th step won't work. Device is not getting into recovery mode when volume key is pressed.

belal elrawy

Aug 19, 2016
no thing changed

Before you begin: Make sure that you have the ROM you want in .zip format and this recovery in .zip format on your external sd card. If you don't have one, on your internal.

3. Make a backup of your TA partition using i.e. Backup TA. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP, or you will lose your warranty forever. You need root for this step, so don't try it without 1 and 2.
5. Turn off your device.
8. It won't boot (black screen) but LED should indicate that device is turned on.
9. Execute fastboot -i 0x0fce getvar version. Use fastboot.exe instead of fastboot if you're on windows, do the same for all fastboot commands, you should already know it.
10. If you got return value, such as "0.5", you did everything correctly, congratulations! If you did not get return value, don't go further until you get it, because your fastboot connection doesn't work.
11. Get bootloader unlock code from Sony here. You can view your IMEI with *#06# code if you need it.
12. Unlock bootloader with fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xCODE where CODE is the code from Sony. I.e. if you got "ABCD0011" code on your e-mail, execute fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xABCD0011
14. Extract boot.img file from the zip you downloaded from this thread. Put in the same directory as fastboot.
18. If you did everything correctly, you should have booted custom recovery right now.
19. Enter "mounts & storage", and format: /system /cache /data. If you don't have anything important on your internal sd card, I strongly suggest to format /data and /data/media as well.
21. Remember that your ROM will overwrite your recovery (kernel), so if you want to preserve recovery, flash this zip right after every ROM flash.

i installed it by cwm and by fastboot and cwm still exist

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download

Warning! PhilZ recovery is currently in ALPHA stage for Xperia M. Some features may be broken!

Known bugs:
    - Half-broken touch (you can use touch, however not select anything) - use hardware keys like in non-touch CWM recovery
    - Broken navigation bar
    - You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
    [c190x] [CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia M

Contributors
    JustArchi

Version Information

Created 2014-07-05
    Last Updated 2014-07-05

5. Turn off your device.

I also tried to build Philz and was succeeded, but it has same issue. I contacted Philz he told to me to enable Axis parameter in BoardConfig.mk but still the same. What you think, why this issue is caused? Due to faulty Touch screen events?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53933204&postcount=4745
    Failed to download ..
    Can u give me mirror link like dev-host, mediafire, etc?

Edit: ok now fix :D

Edit again: i get bootloop, after flashing your phill touch -_-

Why you shouldn't get bootloop? It's only for CM11.