[ROM]04/05/10 - VillainROM 5.5: Release Version - for GSM HERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

naholyr

Jun 27, 2007
I may give a try to this ROM next week, to see if it's really less battery-drainer than Legendroid.

danwar

Mar 17, 2010
PDF viewer

I try install some pdr viewer from another ROMs and here is function version, from CDMA Hero.

Try on VillainROM 5.22rc.

Attachments

• PDFViewer.apk
    179.4 KB · Views: 47

sullan

Jul 19, 2009
My HTC hero is in english because i have installed 5.2rc...
But my urgent probleme is how can i go to french google market ??

Django76

Aug 17, 2008
Solingen
Rom seems to work fine. No GPS battery drain. I used Google Navigation with GPS and it crashed the system... :) after reboot it had 80% power, and after 6 hours still 76% left.

mantrajt

May 3, 2009
Re: [ROM]08/04/10 - VillainROM 5.2: RELEASE CANDIDATE - for GSM HERO

I can't seem to get more languages in my phone using the fix provided.
is it just for keyboard? I would really like to translate the whole phone to spanish.

Thanks

Sent from my Hero using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Dac0908

Dec 11, 2009
just great!

works fast and smooth, no errors no FC, battery life improved. really love it :)

WarheadNOR

Aug 1, 2009
Is there a way to only view the phone contacts in people, and not both phone and sim?

Last edited:

thho5

Jan 4, 2010
So I gotta ask. When i tried 5.1 my microphone become so bad that people on the other end of a phonecall coulndt hear me.

Is this fixed in 5.2?

When I used 5.01 it was wokring good.

Thomas Holden

Tatsu99

Jan 30, 2010
in rom 5.2 message apps constantly FC... instable and inusable, had to nandroid back to 3.4 (that's also faster) (did a full wipe before install) :(

goatistuta

Sep 8, 2007
Liverpool
VPN

Many thanks for the update as it's the first time I've managed to get VPN working. The only thing I've found is that sync with Exchange through VPN is really slow, taking about 5 mins compared to 30 secs on TP2; has anybody else experienced this?

mantrajt

May 3, 2009
Is there a way to see PPT attached to mails in the HTC Hero?

I can´t dl them from the mail nor see them in the gmail app.

Thx

EDIT:Installed some apps that help me with this.

Last edited:

thechecka

Nov 14, 2009
My Hero gets stuck in the Bootscreen for over an hour.
I tried it 3 times.
I formatted my SD Card and I wiped Data and Dalvik.

Villain 5.1 worked on my Hero. I even installed 5.1 and tried to flash 5.2 over it without wiping.
No Chance to get this thing working.

Any Ideas?

xxbabiboi228xx

Nov 11, 2008
Biloxi Mississippi
My Hero gets stuck in the Bootscreen for over an hour.
I tried it 3 times.
I formatted my SD Card and I wiped Data and Dalvik.

Villain 5.1 worked on my Hero. I even installed 5.1 and tried to flash 5.2 over it without wiping.
No Chance to get this thing working.

Any Ideas?

Just a suggestion not saying its the problem but ive tried this in the past on a different 2.1 rom on boot up take your sd card out might help.Does'nt Hurt to try

binario77

Feb 27, 2010
Lincoln
Boot with your usb cable attached and run "adb logcat" from the PC which is installed with the android sdk. When it freezes scroll up to the first error message which will be about 3 pages up and this will tell you what is causing the crash.

In my experience it tends to be a program left on the ext partition of the SD card.

zizoom

Sep 12, 2008
Just a big thank !

Nothing to tell there,

applied the MMS fix -> like a charm
applied the galery cam button fix -> like a charm

Just waiting for a GPS fix and you'll be my hero (best joke ever ... I know ) ! :p

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
Yeah work perfectly for me to :D

Only thing is, lockscreen is now the regular Android one... but when you receive a call. It is the Sense lockscreen who appear and not the regular one.

Is there a file to change for this one to ?

Oh, i've not seen that yet. There must still be some remains of the HTC Lockscreen deep within the framework or somewhere. Maybe one of the Dev's can figure that out for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone tell if this worked after they installed this on there cdma hero, for some reason I installed the zip but it Stayed on the Htc Boot Screen and that was it! Someone Help Please! As far as I know this is compatible with Sprint. Right?

No No No!

:eek:

This is the Hero GSM section, NOT CDMA! :eek:

It's not compatible with sprint.

It's also an ancient thread. You should go to recovery and reflash a CDMA Hero ROM.