Way to prevent redirect to Amazon Appstore?

Search This thread

blauciel

Nov 17, 2011
Dayton, OH
Every time somethink links to the market, something in the Fire redirects to the Amazon Appstore. Anyone know how to break this? I can't change appstore or market defaults in the Application manager.

//Tapatalk.KindleFire//

rprice07

Aug 24, 2007
Not sure if this really helps but you can use Titanium backup to freeze AmazonAppstore, the links should open then.

I'm glad there's a workaround but I'd love a way to make APK's open in android market from browser, and keep amazon market available.

Schubatis1

Feb 21, 2011
Not sure if this really helps but you can use Titanium backup to freeze AmazonAppstore, the links should open then.

I'm glad there's a workaround but I'd love a way to make APK's open in android market from browser, and keep amazon market available.

That sounds like it should work. If OP tries this, he should have to option to not set the Market as the default app. If he doesn't, he should be able to select which app he wants to use each time.

foxdog66

Jul 28, 2010
Just rename "MarketIntenProxy.apk" to "MarketIntentProxy.apk.bak" that is located in system/app and reboot. Then market links will open the market and not Amazon's app store

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just rename "MarketIntenProxy.apk" to "MarketIntentProxy.apk.bak" that is located in system/app and reboot. Then market links will open the market and not Amazon's app store