stock using RUU - Help

Search This thread

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro
hello, imma cut it short :

i have an m7_u, i want to go back to stock , so i can update the phone, so it updates my firmware by itself ( no flashing manual cuz i dnt want to risk a brick.. here's my getvar :

(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.20.3263.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.25.599.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3742mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e0349bfc
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

i want to use the simpe method, ruu.exe

how to know my ruu ?

what do i need to do before running the ruu ? like , lock bootloader , go back s-on ? anything ?

any help is apretiated , thanks alot !

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012

i have an m7_u, i want to go back to stock , so i can update the phone, so it updates my firmware by itself ( no flashing manual cuz i dnt want to risk a brick.. here's my getvar :

how to know my ruu ?

what do i need to do before running the ruu ? like , lock bootloader , go back s-on ? anything ?

like said in your other thread, there is no RUU for .599 version.

NEVER go back s-on

you don't need to lock the bootloader to use a RUU because you have S-OFF

just make sure both your CID and MID match the ruu you want to use, if not you can change both of these values, thanks to S-OFF.

Reactions: Vel-San

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro

NEVER go back s-on

just make sure both your CID and MID match the ruu you want to use, if not you can change both of these values, thanks to S-OFF.

Can you send me a link to the ruu ? and how to know to what cid and mid i shoud change ?

can it be more like

1-..
2-...
3-... steps ? thankss

alray

May 22, 2012
Can you send me a link to the ruu ?
You have s-off which mean you can use every ruu intended for M7_UL or M7_U phones.
http://www.htc1guru.com/

and how to know to what cid and mid i shoud change ?
CID and MID must match the ruu you will use.
i.e, if you want to use a .401 ruu, cid should be HTC__001 and MID PN0710000
if you want to use dev eidtion, cid: BS_US001 mid: PN0712000
etc
etc

can it be more like
1-..
2-...
3-... steps ?

1. choose the ruu.exe or ruu.zip you want to use
  2. does your cid match the ruu you want to use? yes go to next step, no: change your cid
    Code:
    fastboot oem writecid <insert correct cid here>
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
  3. does your mid match the ruu you want to use? yes: go to next step, no:change your mid
  4. flash the ruu.exe or ruu.zip
    ruu.exe ---> lauch the .exe and follow instructions
    ruu.zip ---->
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip name_of_ruu.zip
    fastboot reboot

Last edited:

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro
You have s-off which mean you can use every ruu intended for M7_UL or M7_U phones.

etc
etc

2. does your cid match the ruu you want to use? yes go to next step, no: change your cid
    Code:
  3. does your mid match the ruu you want to use? yes: go to next step, no:change your mid
    ruu.zip ---->
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot reboot

This is what i'm talking about !

so , is this okaii ?

RUU M7 UL K44 SENSE55 MR HTC Europe 4.19.401.9 R Radio 4A.23.3263.28 10.38r.1157.04L Release 353069 Signed 2-1

if that's not a good one , give me a link or something ?

Comments: modelid: PN0710000
cid: HTC__001, HTC__E11
HTC__102, HTC__203
HTC__405, HTC__Y13
HTC__304, HTC__032
HTC__A07, HTC__J15
HTC__016

i can choose whatever cid of those , and just that 1 MID , and change my phone's to them , run ruu , the phone is stock , i get an update , udpate it , firmware is updated , and then unlock bootloader again ( in case it relocks by itself due to ruu ) , flash recovery , flash rom again.. is that right ?

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012

so , is this okaii ?

i can choose whatever cid of those , and just that 1 MID , and change my phone's to them , run ruu , the phone is stock , i get an update , udpate it , firmware is updated , and then unlock bootloader again ( in case it relocks by itself due to ruu ) , flash recovery , flash rom again.. is that right ?

the ruu you have linked have PN0710000 and yours is PN0711000, so you'll need to change your mid to use that one. Follow the guide to change mid, its pretty easy to do. Yes you can choose whater cid of those but i'll recommend you to use HTC__001 (don't forget its 2 underscore __ 8 characters total). The bootloader will not relocks by itself

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro
the ruu you have linked have PN0710000 and yours is PN0711000, so you'll need to change your mid to use that one. Follow the guide to change mid, its pretty easy to do. Yes you can choose whater cid of those but i'll recommend you to use HTC__001 (don't forget its 2 underscore __ 8 characters total). The bootloader will not relocks by itself

Alright , so imma change MID and CID then just run the ruu :)

downloading it right now , might take a while.. thanks ! i'll re post any new things

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro

everything is done ! i changed MID and CID to PN0710000 & HTC__001 respectivly .. now all i have to do is download the ruu i posted and run it :) right ?

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Okaii, so i have the ruu file, i ran it, htc went to silver htc screen , then it gave a 155 error.. What ?

( Note : phone is still okaii , nothing wrong happened )

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Okaii, so i have the ruu file, i ran it, htc went to silver htc screen , then it gave a 155 error.. What ?

( Note : phone is still okaii , nothing wrong happened )

Lock your bootloader, HTC ruu requires it, even if you are s-off

What I don't get is after you have updated your Rom, firmware, and hboot, you are then going to flash a custom Rom ??????

You are making things very difficult and complicated for yourself, just manually update your firmware.

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro

What I don't get is after you have updated your Rom, firmware, and hboot, you are then going to flash a custom Rom ??????

You are making things very difficult and complicated for yourself, just manually update your firmware.

the problem is that i read some people had bricks upgrading manually through firmware.zip files , so let the ruu make it for me , the ota , then i'll just unlock it again , flash custom recovery and custom rom .. ik it's complicated but i have no htc service here if i bricked my phone so yeah :/

Vel-San

Mar 16, 2013
Berlin
Redmi Note 9 Pro

EDIT : i relocked it and it's still not working . error 155 , i guess imma try now firmware.zip method ?
( i unlocked bootloader again , changed cid back to 11111111 .. what to do now with MID ? and can i go for this firmware fw_6.06.401.1_custom.zip

or should i use this fw_5.11.401.10_custom.zip ?

thanks.

EDIT : i opened firmware.zip and checked for the mid's, mine was there , so i did it and it went okaii :)

i'm updated now , thanks all for the help

just one more q. , can i updat fw_6.06.401.1_custom.zip ( i'm on fw_5.11.401.10_custom.zip ) if my ROM is still on fw_5.11.401.10_custom.zip ? thanks.

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
EDIT : i relocked it and it's still not working . error 155 , i guess imma try now firmware.zip method ?
( i unlocked bootloader again , changed cid back to 11111111 .. what to do now with MID ? and can i go for this firmware fw_6.06.401.1_custom.zip

or should i use this fw_5.11.401.10_custom.zip ?

thanks.

EDIT : i opened firmware.zip and checked for the mid's, mine was there , so i did it and it went okaii :)

i'm updated now , thanks all for the help

just one more q. , can i updat fw_6.06.401.1_custom.zip ( i'm on fw_5.11.401.10_custom.zip ) if my ROM is still on fw_5.11.401.10_custom.zip ? thanks.

as your s-off you can upgrade and downgrade as you please, ive heard the radio file contained in the new firmware is the best to date.

Here's a handy one to add to your bookmarks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2316726
NEVER S-ON, with the custom firmware's, if you s-on, you will have an instant brick due to the modded HBOOT.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

how to know my ruu ?

NEVER go back s-on

Can you send me a link to the ruu ?

and how to know to what cid and mid i shoud change ?
    etc
    etc

can it be more like
    1-..
    2-...
    3-... steps ?

Code:
      ruu.zip ---->
      Code:
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
      fastboot reboot

so , is this okaii ?