[Kernel]3.0.49[JellyBean]AOSP/ETC | King Kangers One | .12 | Kernal ?

Search This thread

Afishl1

Apr 15, 2012
Also how do you modify gpu settings, don't see any option for it in set cpu or when I installed voltage free

Sent from the Jelly Way Galaxy

severinca

Sep 21, 2010
Also how do you modify gpu settings, don't see any option for it in set cpu or when I installed voltage free

I could be wrong but I think the gpu clock is just overclocked by default, you have no control over it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Afishl1

Apr 15, 2012
I could be wrong but I think the gpu clock is just overclocked by default, you have no control over it

Oh ok, cause in the voltage control app's pictures in the play store it shows gpu control.

Edit: Never mind, missed how the OP said to use system tuner in the play store

Last edited:

vijovame

Jun 27, 2005
Oh ok, cause in the voltage control app's pictures in the play store it shows gpu control.

Edit: Never mind, missed how the OP said to use system tuner in the play store

And where in system tuner can you play with gpu?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
gpu is oc ed by default , not sure how to add support for these apps sorry . i ll look into it tho .

how 's that for splash screen ?

scaled.php

Reactions: cirecomputers

Apo11on

Sep 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
Yeah this is a lot to take in, just sort of got lost unfortunately (not from lack of organization and really in no way do i intend to be offending the op in anyway, so if I am, then I apologize).

Anyway someone could give a few examples of some configurations for typical users and their typical associated tasks?

For instance, for me and I assume most people, most common tasks are probably like email, browsing/scrolling, playing music or streaming like Pandora, texting, youtube etc...

That to me is probably a typical user, now I don't know if any of those tasks are considered high demand or not, but I figure there not like compiling and testing huge dbs..

I'm looking for no lag, jitter etc but don't want overkill where I'm asking for more than I need and wasting battery.

From my experience, the CPU governors that provide best balance between performance and battery life are SmartassV2, InteractiveX and LagFree.

I/O scheduler that works best for every day typical use would be the default one - CFQ. If you're doing some I/O intense operations like video encoding, file transfers, etc' - BFQ is the scheduler you would want to go with. It's not fair to all processes, but will get you the best performance to the foreground one, which is the one that counts. Unfortunately BFQ hasn't been added to this kernel yet.

CFS CPU scheduler gives best overall task handling and prioritizing, but if you play games or watch hi res HD videos - go with BFS.

Alse set your min CPU frequency to 192Mhz - 384 is too high. Those governors I mentioned have quite fast ramp up, so there is no need to keep high CPU cycles.

If you overclock for better performance and experience occasional freezes or reboots - try overvolting by 50-100uV on the 2-3 highest frequencies, to make it more stable.

cirecomputers

Oct 22, 2007
Very cool!

I'm using this kernel on Paranoid Android 2.10. Definitely adds some extra zip and config options. Great work! no problems with PA and undervolting ....... clock optimized at 1.73 to 1.78. 1.83 phone gets hot.

Afishl1

Apr 15, 2012
And where in system tuner can you play with gpu?

Yeah, just posted that before I actually got it, i just reread OP and assumed it was in there.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

any tips on the under volting?

Btw, system tuner is a lil scary, makes me feel like I'm going to mess something up lol

Also, I didn't see any options for cpu profiles in system tuner other than for screen off, can this be used in combination with setcpu, do you have to make sure that all else is the same like chosen governors etc or will things get messy?

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

just wanted to say first that I think you've done a marvelous job and to keep up the good work, but that your kernel may possibly be giving flickering, may want to look into it, could be from the gpu OC, heard another report that in the PA Q&A

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

I'm using this kernel on Paranoid Android 2.10. Definitely adds some extra zip and config options. Great work! no problems with PA and undervolting ....... clock optimized at 1.73 to 1.78. 1.83 phone gets hot.

I haven't noticed more getting hot at 1.83, but I do have double thick case, will keep an eye out for it though.

Would over volting add, or subtract to the heat at those top frequencies?

---------- Post added 8th September 2012 at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th September 2012 at 11:54 PM ----------

Lots and lots of good info about governors. I didn't know the difference in all of them, found this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

I don't know what I did, but now every time I try to go to the first page of this my xda app stops, any ideas?

Tried increasing my sd cache to 512 but it didn't help.

vijovame

Jun 27, 2005
Try crearing xda app in system settings, apps

bsw11

Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
alphabase.com
I am using the PA 2.10 ROM and this Kernel made it perform better - the main fix I see is in overlay handling in the camera apps and in video play back.

However there is still a definciency in hardware video playback of certain of my mp4 files that are not standard aspect ratio files.

Also my biggest issue is that bluethooth connect OK but sound still come from the speakers and not the bt device.
Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

I think the bt issue is in the PA ROM from what I have read. Not sure about the codecs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

King Kangers One

Please keep in mind Jelly bean is a work in progress

What s new in KKO.12 ?

added badass governor + 3.049

mostly synced with CM for vsync and other driver stuff .

FAST CHARGE V3.1
    3.043 source
    Vsync zcache
    clean cache
    _OC up to 1.944 Ghz (experimental)
    _BFQ - NOOP - DEADLINE -VR -SIO etc (IO schedulers )
    _Zram
    _Lots and lots of Governors
    _GPU OC
    _ability to 'over volt up to 1400 and of course Under Volt control works as well (use system tuner free in the market )
    _bln support (of course)
    _mpdecision

Things to come : TW Compatibility . more governors more fixes

I would just like to point out they are much more features in this kernel then what is specified , I cant even begin to understand myself some of the tweaks that I have pulled from other kick ass kernel devs, but please if you have understanding about topology mpdecision and that kind of stuff feel free to have a look at my source and explain to others I will post in the op

Here is my source

Credits :
    Cyanogen (base of this kernel)

H0tw1r3
    Flappjaxxx
    Bigbiff
    teamchopsticks _ All of you for showing me the way / general awesomeness

Faux123
    InstigatorX
    Eugene373 for your sources .
    Nothing new to make this thing more up to date or spectacular??

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! JBed PAed

updating op as we speak :)

im busy with so many projects its hard to keep trck and update all of them ..
    oh my .. i love this thread no user bashing no complaining no question , are kernel threads all liek that ? peacefull and quiet ? or is it jsut becuz that kernel is perfect :p

if so then I guess its time for me to start messing with it see if i can break somethign else :p
    Bumped , this one is a keeper ....
    Where is X?

androtransfer.com/DAGr8 all my stuff is in there have fun ..