[ROM] [Xoom] [4.4.4] TeamEOS - The Revival || Nightlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Nightly builds

Wingray, Stingray, and Everest Downloads

G-Apps Package

PA Gapps

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

These are only for Bigpart enabled devices. IF YOU DON'T HAVE BIGPART SUPPORT DO NOT FLASH!

Many things are broke, including camera and radios on telephony enabled devices. I'm opening a thread here for the purposes of furthering development and discussion. These builds are only for folks that enjoy punishment and can give guidance on what i need to do to get the broke things fixed. The Eos project is now geared towards supporting modern qcom devices. However, we're fairly close to getting some proper Xoom builds.

I personally want to give a HUGE THANKS to @Schischu for carrying on the Xoom battle! I'm really glad Xoom users have been able to enjoy strong, stable 4.4 builds. Also, I want to give another HUGE THANKS to @Schischu for thinking up the Bigpart kernel patch. That is not my work and I just wanna make sure that's clear.

I am using @Schischu 's device trees and @flar2 's kernel for now. Once we can get reasonable stable, I'll bring in Backtrack support and all that fun stuff. Once again, I give huge props and respect to @Schischu for the amazing work he has done.

Also, I give a huge thanks to @shpitz for giving me what has turned out to be a VERY LONG TERM LOAN on his Stringray! If someone want's to take lead on maintaining and developing Xoom for me, please speak up! @shpitz i'm sure wants his Stingray back sooner rather than later.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github
Kernel Source

Last edited:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Reserved for something

Come on in guys! I must really be a glutton for punishment these days!

Ok, let's start with the good news. Wifi, bluetooth, and it looks like the sensors all come up. And overall, the build feels stable. I haven't got random reboots or anything like that.

The bad news: camera and radios are broke. And those are usually the hardest to fix. Eos uses CM tele framework, including the new msim support from CAF. I've trolled every team's repo out there and can't see to get camera right. I do believe i'm close though. I've got about 5 or 6 open commits on Eos review pertaining to tegra2 related display stuff, yet they don't seem to work for me here.

Updated 6/22

What's broke, maybe broke, unknown

-- Problems with EGL config causing launcher wallpaper picker fail, as well as numerous user apps including Amazon Store and likely more.
-- Everest just released, waiting on radio reports.
-- Next day or two, stingray_cdma will release, we'll watch this radio as well.
-- That's all i remember, if i missed some derp, let me know and i'll add to list.

Upcoming and to-do list

-- Charge light on/off toggle (I know you guys missed that one ;D)
-- Boatloads of kernel modules!
-- Backtrack support for those who still want to use their Xoom to pwn Facebook passwords at the local Starbucks :angel:
-- Perhaps overclock by default so we get a stronger device experience out the box

Last edited:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Can a different camera be downloaded from play store and work? Or no the base has to be layed...?

A third party cam MAY work, but I'm not sure. The stingray I'm using has a deactivated Verizon sim card and I think it was being weird with gapps. I couldn't connect to Play Store. The peculiar thing is, I get a Camera fc. If something was borked with HAL i would get a "Could not connect to camera" error. Definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: m-khalaf

kmcrane

Sep 9, 2010
Battle Ground
www.audiosource.us
I have used banks gapps (minimal) Or PA gapps, and I used micro modular I think. A long as I get play store and I can download what I want I'm happy. I hate deleting tons of stock apps.

Anything for 2012 Nexus 7? I have one of those too, and dual eos would be perfect.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
I have used banks gapps (minimal) Or PA gapps, and I used micro modular I think. A long as I get play store and I can download what I want I'm happy. I hate deleting tons of stock apps.

Anything for 2012 Nexus 7? I have one of those too, and dual eos would be perfect.

Ya, and as it turns out, looks like i'm maintaining that one too. Now, grouper is rock solid. I haven't opened the thread yet, but dig around the teameos downloads and you'll find it.

kmcrane

Sep 9, 2010
Battle Ground
www.audiosource.us
Ya, and as it turns out, looks like i'm maintaining that one too. Now, grouper is rock solid. I haven't opened the thread yet, but dig around the teameos downloads and you'll find it.

Lol i have been digging around Google and anything i could find with EOS, bigrushdog, r. Ru**ing, :) I've been eos stalking for a few weeks trying to find a little break.

Thanks!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: hochoch

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Awesome work!! Been using a self compiled build for 2 weeks or so and loving it! Great to see this coming out officially even though some things are broken.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Lol i have been digging around Google and anything i could find with EOS, bigrushdog, r. Ru**ing, :) I've been eos stalking for a few weeks trying to find a little break.

Thanks!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

I'm pretty sure there's a VS980 floating around somewhere too ;D

Awesome work!! Been using a self compiled build for 2 weeks or so and loving it! Great to see this coming out officially even though some things are broken.

Glad to hear you got it compiling. I wanted to wait to get a thread open before addressing all that. So, you wanna maintain the Eos builds? :highfive::highfive::highfive:

Well, for those of you who have flashed, perhaps we should start getting an inventory of what we gotta do still? I mentioned before that as it stands now, cam is broke. Thus Torch is broke. Radio is hard to assess because i don't have a activated SIM. Also, how is the Wingray build? Has anyone successfully loaded gapps yet? If so, please post up or link to the gapps.

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Glad to hear you got it compiling. I wanted to wait to get a thread open before addressing all that. So, you wanna maintain the Eos builds? :highfive::highfive::highfive:

I'm not a developer I'm afraid :( as much as I'd like to be.

I can always compile, bit of debugging, test experimental fixes. not sure I'd be able to maintain though. I have basic expeience in C#, not CPP though some practices are transferable.

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I used BaNkS GApps back with the original EOS because of the limited System partition.

With Big Part CM11, I'm using PA GApps. Their Google Camera add-on is working with Photosphere and such.

Will give EOS Revival a shot when I have a little work downtime :(

yosterwp

May 29, 2012
/mnt/sdcard
Alrighty, just to report: I am currently using a wingray device. I have just flashed the rom (no problems there), and I have just flashed the gapps from here.

So far everything's fine. I can confirm that the camera is currently not functional. However, time does wonderful things!

I do have a question though: I have noticed that the settings app doesn't sport the tablet-optimized two pane layout from previous versions of android. Is that a feature of the rom or is that a kitkat thing?

Anyways, great work! Thank you so much too all who have contributed to it (and one day I hope I can learn how to contribute myself!)

Last edited:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Alrighty, just to report: I am currently using a wingray device. I have just flashed the rom (no problems there), and I have just flashed the gapps from here.

So far everything's fine. I can confirm that the camera is currently not functional. However, time does wonderful things!

I do have a question though: I have noticed that the settings app doesn't sport the tablet-optimized two pane layout from previous versions of android. Is that a feature of the rom or is that a kitkat thing?

Anyways, great work! Thank you so much too all who have contributed to it (and one day I hope I can learn how to contribute myself!)

Good deal. Wingray will be the first device fully on deck. I'll link to that gapps in the OP. I also noticed we didn't get dual pane on settings. I'll see what I can do. However, I do suspect the dual pane concept as a whole is going extinct. I could be wrong but it's just a feeling I get. Camera is close. Actually, there's a small possibility it's actually audio killing cam. Not sure just yet.

Thanks for being part of the brave elite!

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Good deal. Wingray will be the first device fully on deck. I'll link to that gapps in the OP. I also noticed we didn't get dual pane on settings. I'll see what I can do. However, I do suspect the dual pane concept as a whole is going extinct. I could be wrong but it's just a feeling I get. Camera is close. Actually, there's a small possibility it's actually audio killing cam. Not sure just yet.

Thanks for being part of the brave elite!

The Xoom CM11 build has dual pane settings. You could see how it was done there?

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 5450625

I've been stalking the Team EOS Gerrit and constantly refreshing the Xoom Development on here. I did run an unstable version a while ago from the Team EOS download page, and even though it was buggy, I liked it.
I think I'll wait until the camera works to flash back to EOS, though.
I like this ROM, especially the NX 2.0. Is there anyway to make an Xposed Module to add the NX 2.0 to other ROMS?

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
I've been stalking the Team EOS Gerrit and constantly refreshing the Xoom Development on here. I did run an unstable version a while ago from the Team EOS download page, and even though it was buggy, I liked it.
I think I'll wait until the camera works to flash back to EOS, though.
I like this ROM, especially the NX 2.0. Is there anyway to make an Xposed Module to add the NX 2.0 to other ROMS?

In theory, xposed can do anything. It would be VERY challenging to do a module for it. Especially when I merge http://review.teameos.org/#/c/142/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
    NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Nightly builds

Wingray, Stingray, and Everest Downloads

G-Apps Package

PA Gapps

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

These are only for Bigpart enabled devices. IF YOU DON'T HAVE BIGPART SUPPORT DO NOT FLASH!

Many things are broke, including camera and radios on telephony enabled devices. I'm opening a thread here for the purposes of furthering development and discussion. These builds are only for folks that enjoy punishment and can give guidance on what i need to do to get the broke things fixed. The Eos project is now geared towards supporting modern qcom devices. However, we're fairly close to getting some proper Xoom builds.

I personally want to give a HUGE THANKS to @Schischu for carrying on the Xoom battle! I'm really glad Xoom users have been able to enjoy strong, stable 4.4 builds. Also, I want to give another HUGE THANKS to @Schischu for thinking up the Bigpart kernel patch. That is not my work and I just wanna make sure that's clear.

I am using @Schischu 's device trees and @flar2 's kernel for now. Once we can get reasonable stable, I'll bring in Backtrack support and all that fun stuff. Once again, I give huge props and respect to @Schischu for the amazing work he has done.

Also, I give a huge thanks to @shpitz for giving me what has turned out to be a VERY LONG TERM LOAN on his Stringray! If someone want's to take lead on maintaining and developing Xoom for me, please speak up! @shpitz i'm sure wants his Stingray back sooner rather than later.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github
    Kernel Source
    Hey guys. So I took my first crack at a xoom bring up and got my butt kicked. Kernel is going to need serious work, mostly back porting filesystem drivers from 3.0 or 3.1. In the meantime, kk4.4 branch is strong and stable for those that wish to continue development. I'm going to give xoom LP another shot in the not to distant future. I got some fresh Shamu from tmo so it has my attention atm. It's a most lovely device ;D. LP nightlys coming soon. With some fresh new win.
    Roms are up, nice fresh 4.4 builds

Wingray
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952608780
    md5
    bb1e465e5b1d1c2eb12d46a2b292b15f

Stingray
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952608870
    md5
    1d7802cebce6544ab88bcd642007ca53

Everest
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952608951
    md5
    3e42189a7c5802bdeb30143d732d70c6
    Hey guys,

Thought I'd let you know what's up.

So I've been in contact with BRD over the past couple days. We're trying to get some Android 5.0 lovin' on the Xoom (mainly him), I'm trying to get TWRP 2.8.2.0 running, this is based of the lollipop-release branch and 5.0.0_r2 tag, this is needed for flashing 5.0 ROMs.

Meanwhile BRD does the hardcore stuff, in his words "Our issue is our kernel and our ancient ext4 kernel driver". Lollipop is terrible for legacy support also, which makes sense, with each release outdated hardware won't keep up.

Anyway BRD said it'd be good to keep the community in the loop, regardless of good or bad news since it's been a hell of a journey so far from Android 3.0
    Reserved for something

Come on in guys! I must really be a glutton for punishment these days!

Ok, let's start with the good news. Wifi, bluetooth, and it looks like the sensors all come up. And overall, the build feels stable. I haven't got random reboots or anything like that.

The bad news: camera and radios are broke. And those are usually the hardest to fix. Eos uses CM tele framework, including the new msim support from CAF. I've trolled every team's repo out there and can't see to get camera right. I do believe i'm close though. I've got about 5 or 6 open commits on Eos review pertaining to tegra2 related display stuff, yet they don't seem to work for me here.

Updated 6/22

What's broke, maybe broke, unknown

-- Problems with EGL config causing launcher wallpaper picker fail, as well as numerous user apps including Amazon Store and likely more.
    -- Everest just released, waiting on radio reports.
    -- Next day or two, stingray_cdma will release, we'll watch this radio as well.
    -- That's all i remember, if i missed some derp, let me know and i'll add to list.

Upcoming and to-do list

-- Charge light on/off toggle (I know you guys missed that one ;D)
    -- Boatloads of kernel modules!
    -- Backtrack support for those who still want to use their Xoom to pwn Facebook passwords at the local Starbucks :angel:
    -- Perhaps overclock by default so we get a stronger device experience out the box