ROOT P605 4.3 BMJ9 and keep Knox 0x0 using Towelroot

Search This thread

shayind4

Mar 24, 2008
London
Hi all

I have just rooted P605 4.3 BMJ9 with TOWELROOT by Geohot, Note is rooted and Knox is 0x0. Root problem solved. It was released today for S5. According to Geohot, it should work for several android phones. I have not tested it on 4.4.2 but it's likely to work. I will use Mobile Odin pro to update firmware to 4.4.2 and then flash bootloader separately just in case.

PS: I was on 4.4.2 NEE but downgraded to 4.3 NEE and then back to my region BMJ9 BTU.

Here is the xda thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

The website is: Towelroot.com

Use SuperSU from:
http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip

Thanks a million Geohot!!!

Edit: Towelroot works on 4.4.2 NEE. Rooted and Knox 0x0.

Last edited:

needoZ

Jul 5, 2010
I just rooted my SM-605V on Android 4.4.2 using this method and it works great.

mjrshark

Jan 30, 2011
WORKS , just rooted my P605 , installed Xposed cause that all i want from root :)

Knox 0x0

Freakstyler

Apr 21, 2014
Well that is a damn shame.... Are you running 4.4.2 or 4.3 hawkeye680?

'Should support all phones < jun 3 2014'

"if this doesn't work on your phone
e-mail my gmail geohot+towelroot
with "adb logcat" output and build
and we'll see what can be done"

Perhaps we can get a few logcats going and see if he could add support for the Exynos or Galaxy Note 2014 at some stage...

hawkeye680

Jun 3, 2011

Perhaps we can get a few logcats going and see if he could add support for the Exynos or Galaxy Note 2014 at some stage...

Stock 4.4.2. Sorry, I don't know how to do a logcat. I've rooted my OG Droid, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Vzw Note 3 though so I can follow instructions if I can find some.

Reactions: Freakstyler

Freakstyler

Apr 21, 2014
Stock 4.4.2. Sorry, I don't know how to do a logcat. I've rooted my OG Droid, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Vzw Note 3 though so I can follow instructions if I can find some.

No problems, thanks for your help.

I haven't needed to collect any logs before, but there is a decent tutorial here that mentions the several methods.... It can be done under ADB or various apps in the Playstore can also do it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

I will also look into the root on my 4.3 version with Towelroot and get the logs to send to Geohot, in the next 24hours.

drExel

Feb 4, 2007
Bronx, Ny
This worked with my SM-P607T!

Towelroot just rooted my SM-P607T. Knox Warranty Void remains 0x0. Android 4.4.2.

SuperSU has issues. Won't download / install the binary. Says "Installation Failed!" even though apps are requesting and I am authorizing Root. I installed SuperUser by ChainsDD in the meatime.

I installed Wanam, enabled 4-way reboot menu. Working lovely.

Gotta hand it to GeoHot.

Reactions: iandy1

ewok666

Apr 4, 2006
Towelroot just rooted my SM-P607T. Knox Warranty Void remains 0x0. Android 4.4.2.

SuperSU has issues. Won't download / install the binary. Says "Installation Failed!" even though apps are requesting and I am authorizing Root. I installed SuperUser by ChainsDD in the meatime.

Gotta hand it to GeoHot.

Same here: P605 on NEE 4.4.2, said it rooted, Knox still 0x0

Maybe the binary can be manually installed?

Has anyone removed the Knox stuff as suggested by SuperSU?

Last edited:

mecklaw

Dec 26, 2011

TheVirus1

May 29, 2014
Cape Town
SAMSUNG so WROOOOOONG

And in my "noobness", Samsung said that ANY attempt to root or mod the tablet, KNOX counter will be set to 0X1 and Geohot proof them wrong BIG THUMBS UP 4 U:good:.... Pitty this root method is a bit to late for me LOL!!!! im sitting on 0X1, hope some1 will proof Samsung even more wrong about setting 0x1 to 0x0, I know I read about the "e-fuse" and all but one never know the brilliance of the other. Once again good job Geohot.

drchohan

Jun 14, 2013
Prague
TOWELROOT

Confirmed Samsung Galaxy Note P605 LTE 4.4.2 NEE rooted successfully! KNOX is 0x0. Amazing!
Great Work by GEOHOT.
Thank you for Sharing.:good:

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
Just wanted to report that this works flawlessly on my P605 LTE 4.3 BMJ4. Knox counter remains 0x0! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

I have just rooted P605 4.3 BMJ9 with TOWELROOT by Geohot, Note is rooted and Knox is 0x0. Root problem solved. It was released today for S5. According to Geohot, it should work for several android phones. I have not tested it on 4.4.2 but it's likely to work. I will use Mobile Odin pro to update firmware to 4.4.2 and then flash bootloader separately just in case.

PS: I was on 4.4.2 NEE but downgraded to 4.3 NEE and then back to my region BMJ9 BTU.

Here is the xda thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

The website is: Towelroot.com

Use SuperSU from:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip

Thanks a million Geohot!!!

Edit: Towelroot works on 4.4.2 NEE. Rooted and Knox 0x0.
    Tried on a p600 and unfortunately it did not work for me
    SuperSU has issues. Won't download / install the binary. Says "Installation Failed!" even though apps are requesting and I am authorizing Root.

Try the latest version from Chainfire's site - http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip Open or extract the file and go to the "common" folder; the SuperSU apk is there. I had to do this for my Note 3.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

This worked with my SM-P607T!

Gotta hand it to GeoHot.