how to fake android version?

Search This thread

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
i want to install an appp that is only compatible with android 4.2 and up, but iim on android 4.1.2. is there any way to do this, like making the app think i actually have a higher version?

tonypro79

Aug 2, 2014
i want to install an appp that is only compatible with android 4.2 and up, but iim on android 4.1.2. is there any way to do this, like making the app think i actually have a higher version?

- Root Explorer -> Folder Root -> system -> build.prop. Choose Mount R/W
- Open build.prop file and choose Open With -> Text Editor
ro.build.version.release=4.2
- Reboot

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
It won't work friend. New versions of Android platforms have new APIs and libraries. The apps that are compatible with the new versions of android have the new libraries and APIs. There are no old ones. So I can say that its not that easy to get it working.

Sorry.

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
thanks all for your replies, changing build.prop is an oolldd trick, and it dosent do anything. i will try market helper.

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
funny how i sugested that and i got a stupid response from the same person, and now hes using my original idea.. autistic people these days

My device:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (rooted)
Rom:paranoidAndroid (4.4.4)
Carrier:At&t
You said updating and i say flashing a rom, you're the autistic weirdo here ;)

Sent from my beastly SM-T320

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
Apps are generally made for a specific version, and so the developer set the minimum os needed for the app for a reason, it probably utilizes a new feature only available in 4.2+.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

KkdGab

Jun 28, 2014
Auckland
There is, change the sdk version in build.prop.... But there will be lots of Forse closes.... So u can't assess market anyway

THERE IS NO WAY U CAN FAKE API

Last edited:

jehu17

Sep 24, 2020
There is, change the sdk version in build.prop.... But there will be lots of Forse closes.... So u can't assess market anyway

THERE IS NO WAY U CAN FAKE API

What kind of software could be used to fake firmware version of android? I've got N7100 with N7100XXUFND3 showing up in settings menu (while build number is KOT49H.N7100XXSFQA1), and N7100XXUFNI1 showing up in recovery menu.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
What kind of software could be used to fake firmware version of android? I've got N7100 with N7100XXUFND3 showing up in settings menu (while build number is KOT49H.N7100XXSFQA1), and N7100XXUFNI1 showing up in recovery menu.

This isn't a case of firmware being faked, this is a case of the numbers being referenced from different parts of your stock firmware.

This is not the same thing as faking the android version. Faking the android version would be something like a device having android 8.0 installed but faking it to make it show that it has android 9.0 instead of the 8.0 that it actually has installed.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts