[KERNEL] | WildKernel v013 | Featurlicous | Tame Companion | January 29th

Search This thread

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
Thirsty for a KK update, I installed CM11 4/26 nightly with Wildkernel 13 along with Tame and its working really well. I'm not a power user so I'm sure someone will find a bug. Actually sometimes it doesn't ring but that may just be due to reception. This is still an awesome kernel, Emmanuel U !! :D

Lots of kernel features that can be tuned with Tame.

Link to CM11 nightly

@ Bikemike, yes I do believe Sultan has fast charge enabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtfulDodger

ricthot

Jan 11, 2012
Anyone had issues after installing over CM11 where all you get is a black screen with A N D R O I D _ (carret flashiing) and nothing else?

---EDIT---
Flashed it over the latest official CM11 nightly (04/26) and working just fine...

Last edited:

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Thirsty for a KK update, I installed CM11 4/26 nightly with Wildkernel 13 along with Tame and its working really well. I'm not a power user so I'm sure someone will find a bug. Actually sometimes it doesn't ring but that may just be due to reception. This is still an awesome kernel, Emmanuel U !! :D

Lots of kernel features that can be tuned with Tame.

Link to CM11 nightly

@ Bikemike, yes I do believe Sultan has fast charge enabled.
I think with the lasts few posts all by me in this whole forum the lasts 24 hours I am talking to me, myself and I at this point, LOL. But anywho...

Thanks for that post because luckily I remembered reading this comment last night after I had all the trouble with Sultan's CM11 and PA 5.1 yesterday. I have had so much bad luck with official CM but decided to try this in desperation. I downloaded the latest CM nightly 7/12 and flashed this kernel with it. Man, sorry I didn't do this a long time ago! This kernel works perfectly with the ROM even though the kernel is from January. My phone is deep sleeping again (with all Google Services enabled!), battery life is fantastic (2% an hour on standby), very fast and no crashes...YET. I also would recommend anyone that does the same to just leave the kernel at defaults and resist the urge to tinker with the settings. I still flashed my normal scripts like Fly On and GPS mods too for full disclosure.

It's a little late but thanks @Emmanuel U, this turned out to be a life saver.

Reactions: Emmanuel U

wrusry

Jan 28, 2011
Austin
Bug: Wake phone on call with headset

I doubt that there is still anyone here, but I thought I would ask anyway.

I am using the a CM11 nightly (cm-11-20151122-NIGHTLY-hercules.zip). Without the kernel, the phone is laggy, but the phone functions as expected otherwise. In particular, if I am on a call with my wired headset and I wake up the phone to do something as I speak, the call continues to be on my headset.

After, flashing the wildkernel v013, when I am on a wired headset call and I touch the power button to get access to the screen, the call shifts to speakerphone. To get it back on my headset, I have to hit the "speakerphone" button twice.

Before flashing the wildkernel this behavior is not present. After flashing it, the behavior is repeatable. I have reflashed CM11 and the kernel and it is repeatable.

My question for you is: Could you please check your combination of CM11 and Wildkernel version to see if you get the same behavior. If you don't have this behavior, could you tell me what build of CM11 (or other ROM) and of wildkernel you are using.?I would be glad to switch to a different CM11 build or wildkernel build to avoid this behavior. Wildkernel was very helpful in improving CM11 as far as stability and speed.

I was fairly happy with phone with Sultan's stable CM11, but it didn't have the stagefright fix, so I was looking for something that did. I am also open to other ROM suggestions (preferably 4.4.4) that work well.

Thank you to anyone who may respond!

wrusry

Jan 28, 2011
Austin
I doubt that there is still anyone here, but I thought I would ask anyway.

I am using the a CM11 nightly (cm-11-20151122-NIGHTLY-hercules.zip). Without the kernel, the phone is laggy, but the phone functions as expected otherwise. In particular, if I am on a call with my wired headset and I wake up the phone to do something as I speak, the call continues to be on my headset.

After, flashing the wildkernel v013, when I am on a wired headset call and I touch the power button to get access to the screen, the call shifts to speakerphone. To get it back on my headset, I have to hit the "speakerphone" button twice.

Before flashing the wildkernel this behavior is not present. After flashing it, the behavior is repeatable. I have reflashed CM11 and the kernel and it is repeatable.

My question for you is: Could you please check your combination of CM11 and Wildkernel version to see if you get the same behavior. If you don't have this behavior, could you tell me what build of CM11 (or other ROM) and of wildkernel you are using.?I would be glad to switch to a different CM11 build or wildkernel build to avoid this behavior. Wildkernel was very helpful in improving CM11 as far as stability and speed.

I was fairly happy with phone with Sultan's stable CM11, but it didn't have the stagefright fix, so I was looking for something that did. I am also open to other ROM suggestions (preferably 4.4.4) that work well.

Thank you to anyone who may respond!

I did another full wipe and reinstall, but this time I wiped the SD card as well and now all behavior is as it should be. Quite happy with the performance. Using the 1213 build this time (though I verified the change in CM build had nothing to do with my problem).

I apologize for the false alarm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WildKernel
    for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Go check out Tame! It goes great with this and it handles OTA updates for this kernel.

This is a Linux based (3.0.101) Kernel which is maintained by me kept inline with the Cyangenmod Kernel so this is compatible with ALL the latest KitKat Roms (unless otherwise stated in the ROM).

Please report anything good and bad so that I know what to keep and what not to keep for the next release. This also helps me push out fixes faster when presented with lots of information (such as logs etc.).

Please see changelogs for an in-depth look at features. Also take a look at the screenshots for a sneak peek.
    Feeling like a critic? Leave a review!

Link broken? Try one of the mirrors, Still a no go? Goto my signature and click the file backups link, then navigate to what you were looking for.

v013: AFH
    TRU Mirrors: #1 / #2

All Releases: AFH | TRU Mirrors

[#WildKernel-Celox-CL]

[/HIDE]
    TeamChopsticks & CyanogenMod
    TeamSXL
    Cl3Kener
    Team Hydra
    TeamDS
    faux123
    Sultanxda
    Tamcore
    cretin45
    showp1984
    RomanBB
    and any others I may have missed

Info on Governors/Schedulers
    You may find my source hosted @ Github

There is NO need to clear caches, kernel installer handles everything. Just flash and reboot.

My recommended Governor/Scheduler setups:

Battery w/ Good Performance at 96-1350mhz:

Intellidemand/SIO (personal choice)
    Lazy/SIO
    Badass/SIO
    Ondemand/SIO
    Wheatley/SIO

'lil more Performance at 96-1512mhz:

Smartass/SIO
    Hyper/Deadline
    Samsung/Deadlne
    lulzactive/Deadline
    Savagedzed/Deadline

Best Performance (worst battery): 384-???mhz

Gaming/Deadline
    Performance/Deadline
    Did you read the announcement? (page header)

XDA:DevDB Information
    WildKernel for the T-Mobile Galaxy S II (hercules), Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    Emmanuel U
    Source Code: https://github.com/EmmanuelU/wild_kernel_samsung_msm8660/tree/android-msm-hercules-3.0

Kernel Special Features: Too many features to list, just install it.... now.

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 013
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-29

Created 2014-05-28
    Last Updated 2015-02-01
    A lil progress

I finally had time to do some kernel work (been so busy last few weeks), and I managed to get CyanogenMod booting and stable with the 009 (I built CM from source alongside WildKernel). This is a good sign, however when I extract the same boot.img to flash on other latest roms I still get the same issue. Still workin on it :good:

attachment.php
    Update

v007 is out and this is one is has a numerous instability patches, that plagued previous versions...go check it out! Enjoy this one as future versions will include a lil extra present *cough* *cough* custom app for WildKernel *cough* *maybe* *cough*
    Long overdue update, enjoy
    v003 and v004 Beta updated for Android 4.4.4

Small but much needed update for the kernels today. 003 and 004 beta now have support for Android 4.4.4, aswell as other previous 4.4 versions.

I recommend only using the v004 beta if you experience graphical issues with v003, otherwise I recommend v003 as it has better battery life (initial kernel base). I'll have it in this format until I can create/kang a kernel base that is stable for all while maintaining the original battery life that you can get with the current v003 (assuming you don't have a sh*tty battery :p). Good day guys.