{Link is up}Translating Latest LVSW build 17745.0.2.3 {All contributions are welcome}

Search This thread

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
hi Guys Today i attemted to translate LVSW latest rom in english and its 97-98 % completed.

I flashed it and items in programs , boot up screen/ windows are in english.

really fast rom. they are a few apps in settings that is not translated but i have might have missed those files.

If anyone interested i can upload it but all work for this rom is Of LVSW and thanks should go to him.

I havent touched anything in the rom.

So far everything works but its early stage so i am not sure.

http://rapidshare.com/files/36146911/LVSW_latest_rom.rar

THIS IS about 98% translated to english and will need the help and support to fully translate in english.

At the moment these are the findings i have found out:

1. keyboard still in russian but when using phone keypad it writes in english.

2. most of the programs are still in english but some sub-menus are in russian.

3. camera button needs to set manual in > settings>personal>button

3. rom is very fast and responsive.

4. ugly 3g icon is in rom, use clean 3g icon to replace.

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 291
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 236
  • programs.jpg
    programs.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

christonge

Dec 16, 2006
Madrid
Great work duttythroy... very impressive. How long did that take you??? I tried the Russian version during the week and it was VERY responsive. The only negative thing I could see was the older version of mobile office...

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
couple hours today

Great work duttythroy... very impressive. How long did that take you??? I tried the Russian version during the week and it was VERY responsive. The only negative thing I could see was the older version of mobile office...

thanks mate it took about 2-3 hrs to partially translate, I'm just a amateur so I don't think I can get this fully translated as I just started doing my own rom modifications.

But yes the rom seems preety fast.

norcis

Jan 18, 2007
can you provide some instructions how to translate ROM?
I also want to translate to other language, but don't know where to start.

kipe

Mar 9, 2006
Penang

good job bro.. for keyboard, easiest way to convert to english, just install 3rd party app such as resco keyboard pro.. turn mine to to english :)

Edited: See screenshot below

Attachments

• Screen001.jpg
    Screen001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

austinsnyc

Mar 24, 2007
New York City
www.austinluker.com
Would the keyboard problem have to do with the SIP? if so just change that file or try changing the msim.96.dll.0409 file if its still in russian that means it would be named msim.96.dll.0419 if i remeber correct
Yes now i remeber just try changing the dll i mentioned above to an english one or change the name of the one that i have loaded below

Attachments

• msim.96.dll.0409.zip
    86.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
thanks mate

Would the keyboard problem have to do with the SIP? if so just change that file or try changing the msim.96.dll.0409 file if its still in russian that means it would be named msim.96.dll.0419 if i remeber correct
Yes now i remeber just try changing the dll i mentioned above to an english one or change the name of the one that i have loaded below

cheers mate worked ok.

austinsnyc

Mar 24, 2007
New York City
www.austinluker.com
Is that the only thing you didn't have in english? maybe make a list for me that still needs switched over and I can help you out. just make a small list of what ever still needs changed to english and I'll have it done for you

wokao2009

May 14, 2007
hi Guys Today i attemted to translate LVSW latest rom in english and its 97-98 % completed.

I flashed it and items in programs , boot up screen/ windows are in english.

really fast rom. they are a few apps in settings that is not translated but i have might have missed those files.

If anyone interested i can upload it but all work for this rom is Of LVSW and thanks should go to him.

I havent touched anything in the rom.

So far everything works but its early stage so i am not sure.

http://rapidshare.com/files/36146911/LVSW_latest_rom.rar

THIS IS about 98% translated to english and will need the help and support to fully translate in english.

At the moment these are the findings i have found out:

2. most of the programs are still in english but some sub-menus are in russian.

3. camera button needs to set manual in > settings>personal>button

3. rom is very fast and responsive.

4. ugly 3g icon is in rom, use clean 3g icon to replace.

Hi, Why the file you I completely downloaded was just 3.7M, could you please double check it ? thanks.

basilrsa

Jun 30, 2006
Boksburg
I have a concern re. the release of this ROM by the members on the Forum and the implications of upsetting LVSW by this action.
As LVSW is a member of XDA as well as other Forums I am sure that his intentions are to release his work here in his own time. Should his work therefore be "hijacked" to XDA. Personally I feel this is not ethical.
After the "fake" accusations surrounding his last ROM release, are we not treading on thin ice.
I am sure he would not mind any re-cooking of his ROM once he has done his posting, as with the ELF, 3G, Sleuth,etc., versions we saw after his 19/5 release.
All I ask is for carefull consideration as we certainly don't want to p*ss off our main source ROM upgrades.
Just my humble opinion.