Sh25 & ht25

Search This thread

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
Dear All,

Anyone purchased the HOX with the SH25 or HT25 models yet? If so, any bugs and glitches so far? Screen flickering gone etc... Please comment.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Dear All,

Anyone purchased the HOX with the SH25 or HT25 models yet? If so, any bugs and glitches so far? Screen flickering gone etc... Please comment.

The flickering and other graphics issues are s/w so until that changes the problem(s) will continue to randomly appear. In the quality polls there wasn't a difference between Chinese and Taiwanese built phones. As more are built HTC should be able to tighten up QC so, theoretically, later builds should have fewer assembly issues. And there's no magic rule that's followed in manufacturing that says mid-course h/w or assembly changes can only occur at 12:01AM of the first day of a new month. If HTC finds a way to assemble the phone in a better way or swap out parts it'll be done as soon as possible; not starting with XX25.

Reactions: fcng

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
From what I read and am experiencing..........the China models SH, have less hardware problems.

No issues of misaligned speaker grill, screen flex, messed up glass, etc....I only have flickering on light grey colors at max brightness, all other brightness are fine. I know most of the other SH models are the same.

Pushing the LCD screen doesn't mess with the display or anything and distort the screen unless i really like put the phone flat and put a ton of pressure/force on the very edge of it do I see a tiny bit of the ripple thing in upper corner.

But yea, the later batches should all be around the same so long as they caught up with QC

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
From what I read and am experiencing..........the China models SH, have less hardware problems.

No issues of misaligned speaker grill, screen flex, messed up glass, etc....I only have flickering on light grey colors at max brightness, all other brightness are fine. I know most of the other SH models are the same.

Pushing the LCD screen doesn't mess with the display or anything and distort the screen unless i really like put the phone flat and put a ton of pressure/force on the very edge of it do I see a tiny bit of the ripple thing in upper corner.

But yea, the later batches should all be around the same so long as they caught up with QC

SH248 here no problems, best fit screen i ever saw on a One X, zero gaps and rock solid, not one SH i saw had the screen loose problem, makes the other ones i had look damaged

but i have to say something, 2 out of 3 SH i opened had a scratch under the screen, so yea maybe the Chinese factory has no lamination problems but there are still clumsy defects

what ever it is the whole thing is quit random and you can't predict or assume anything, the best advice here is to check the problems in the build quality poll thread and hand pick your unit, that is the safest and least painful option

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
The flickering and other graphics issues are s/w so until that changes the problem(s) will continue to randomly appear. In the quality polls there wasn't a difference between Chinese and Taiwanese built phones. As more are built HTC should be able to tighten up QC so, theoretically, later builds should have fewer assembly issues. And there's no magic rule that's followed in manufacturing that says mid-course h/w or assembly changes can only occur at 12:01AM of the first day of a new month. If HTC finds a way to assemble the phone in a better way or swap out parts it'll be done as soon as possible; not starting with XX25.

Barry,

I read the threads concerning the SH and HT models. I agree with your comment but I'm asking any new HOX owners with the SH25 or HT25 models since they are made in the month of May. Maybe there are clear improvements compared to the SH/HC 23&24 batches.

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
What model do you have?

bangbang,

What batch (SH/HC 23 or 24) is your phone?

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
Agree...

SH248 here no problems, best fit screen i ever saw on a One X, zero gaps and rock solid, not one SH i saw had the screen loose problem, makes the other ones i had look damaged

but i have to say something, 2 out of 3 SH i opened had a scratch under the screen, so yea maybe the Chinese factory has no lamination problems but there are still clumsy defects

what ever it is the whole thing is quit random and you can't predict or assume anything, the best advice here is to check the problems in the build quality poll thread and hand pick your unit, that is the safest and least painful option

hamdir,

I agree with what you are saying but maybe more people with SH/HC 25 batches might have a less occurence of bad quild quality, bugs, and glitches. We just have to wait and see as more new owners of HOXs start posting.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Ah! excellent so the numbers reflects the actual build date HTC Serial Numbers decoded

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=472891

Hi all,

Here's some news for you, whether you be interested or not!

HTC are changing their Serial Number format from the classic HT[year][week] to something a bit more... exact.

The new format will read similar to HT[year][month][day]. I presume that they wish to be this precise for warranty purposes.

The month format shall be between 1 - 12, but the day format will take a slightly different shape.

Days will go from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Day Z represents day 31.1

Code:
HTYMDAABBBBB

HT = Vendor HTC
Y = Year (9 = 2009)
M = Month (hex 1...C = 1 - 12 months)
D = Day (hex 1...9A..Z = 1 - 31 days)
YY = Part Code
ZZZZZ : Identification Number (decimal)

HT23H= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 17

HT23J= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 18

SH23M= Shanghai, China, 2012, March 21

HT23P= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 23

HT23N= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 22

HT23W= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 28

HT242 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 1

HT242 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 2

HT243 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 3

SH248 = Shanghai, China, 2012, April 8

wait wait so the entire HT242 and HT243 we've been discussing to hell is just two days worth of production???? :eek:

just one broken robot, or bad glue material on those two days could have caused so much damage :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

witek_77

ht23NW ? What is NW ? Made in thai 24th march ? I have white HOX with no branding. I'm from poland. Poland was first country wchich had ONE X. My phone is free of issues. I bought it on 29 march.

Last edited:

violence1907

Feb 21, 2011
HT Taiwan
2 2012
3 mart
1-9 Day 1-9 after that A-V i think is Day 10-31
Everything after that is just Device specific...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi all,

HTC are changing their Serial Number format from the classic HT[year][week] to something a bit more... exact.

The new format will read similar to HT[year][month][day]. I presume that they wish to be this precise for warranty purposes.

The month format shall be between 1 - 12, but the day format will take a slightly different shape.

Days will go from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Day Z represents day 31.

Examples:
HT23J, Hsinchu, Taiwan, March 18
HT23N, Hsinchu, Taiwan, March 22
HT23W, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Mach 28
SH248, Shanghai, China, April 8
HT242, Hsinchu, Taiwan, April 2
HT243, Hsinchu, Taiwan, April 3

One X, Build quality and serial codes are discussed here by the way

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601535

Last edited:

zaid_AA

Aug 25, 2010
Sorry to jump in, but I'm looking to buy a one x in the near future. I was wondering is there a way to tell which version of the phone it is ie wither its ht25 sh25 etc

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
what about HT23ZW...

Hsinchu, Taiwan
March
?

correct

Mine is SH248, April 8, Perfect, anyone with newer HOX? :)

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

ht23NW ? What is NW ? Made in thai 24th march ? I have white HOX with no branding. I'm from poland. Poland was first country wchich had ONE X. My phone is free of issues. I bought it on 29 march.

build on the 22nd of march lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Days will go from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Day Z represents day 31.

Examples:
    HT23J, Hsinchu, Taiwan, March 18
    HT23N, Hsinchu, Taiwan, March 22
    HT23W, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Mach 28
    SH248, Shanghai, China, April 8
    HT242, Hsinchu, Taiwan, April 2
    HT243, Hsinchu, Taiwan, April 3

One X, Build quality and serial codes are discussed here by the way

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601535
    Hi,

got two HOX in front of me. One HT24 and one SH25.
    I can tell you, that at least that two devices have no issues and no differences.

Apart from this, I can tell you a bit about working on quality failures in china:
    I'm working for an good known german automobile manufacturer.
    We've got a location in China, too. There's no comparison for how different the handling of qualitymanagement is.
    In Germany, you face an issue on a product. Talk about it, solve it and the problem doesn't appear on the next day.
    In China, you have to talk about the problem 50 times. Explain it to the whole factory. Have another 50 meetings to check if everyone agrees. Then, just when you think you got it, you check the product onces again and have to see, that the problem still appears.
    So you start from the beginning.
    You can be sure, that issues can be there for weeks... aaah... months!
    Ah! excellent so the numbers reflects the actual build date HTC Serial Numbers decoded

Hi all,

Days will go from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Day Z represents day 31.1

Code:
    HTYMDAABBBBB

HT = Vendor HTC
    Y = Year (9 = 2009)
    M = Month (hex 1...C = 1 - 12 months)
    D = Day (hex 1...9A..Z = 1 - 31 days)
    YY = Part Code
    ZZZZZ : Identification Number (decimal)

HT23H= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 17

HT23J= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 18

SH23M= Shanghai, China, 2012, March 21

HT23P= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 23

HT23N= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 22

HT23W= Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, March 28

HT242 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 1

HT242 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 2

HT243 = Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012, April 3

SH248 = Shanghai, China, 2012, April 8

wait wait so the entire HT242 and HT243 we've been discussing to hell is just two days worth of production???? :eek:

just one broken robot, or bad glue material on those two days could have caused so much damage :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Good answer...maybe you should be in charge of QC at HTC and see if things will be better...

Well it wouldn't be hard judging by the quality of these. Shocking a phone costing this kind of money can get out of a factory without being individually tested for faults.
    my friend just called me from retail he said he is unboxing a new batch of white One X

Sh24D and he is amazed by their quality, he said zero flaws to the screen and no grain under the screen, not even ripple

SH24D= Shanghai, China, 2012, April 13