Launcher3 to Trebuchet? [Solved]

Search This thread

inferno_gn

Jan 13, 2014
Hi there,

I was wondering where I can get the original Launcher3 from Cyanogenmod 11? For some reason, the new version for this month remove Launcher3 and replace it with their Trebuchet launcher, with is just horrible as you can't customized rows and columns and so forth.

I see other Launchers, it might be free, but there is a paid function. The Launcher3 does the job, but losing it on the new update kinda sucks...

Ju Leon...

Last edited:

roscatel

Oct 17, 2012
Slobozia
Hi there,

I was wondering where I can get the original Launcher3 from Cyanogenmod 11? For some reason, the new version for this month remove Launcher3 and replace it with their Trebuchet launcher, with is just horrible as you can't customized rows and columns and so forth.

I see other Launchers, it might be free, but there is a paid function. The Launcher3 does the job, but losing it on the new update kinda sucks...

Ju Leon...

See attachement.

Attachments

• Launcher3.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 697
Reactions: nchc

inferno_gn

Jan 13, 2014
Hi there,

A clear instruction would be nice. *lol* I'm a newbie dealing with these things. :)

Ju Leon...

roscatel

Oct 17, 2012
Slobozia
Hi there,

A clear instruction would be nice. *lol* I'm a newbie dealing with these things. :)

Ju Leon...

Adb, very simple (you must have the driver installed). Just activare USB debugging and connect the phone.
Open START.bat and write adb devices to check if your phone is recognized. Then, adb install Launcher3.apk and that's it. (it will install in /data not in /system).. few more commands if you want as system app.

Attachments

• adb.rar
    476.8 KB · Views: 36

inferno_gn

Jan 13, 2014
Hi there,

I managed to get it to work, but it keeps posted "[INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]". :( That didn't work...

Ju Leon...

Last edited:

inferno_gn

Jan 13, 2014
Hi there,

I did, all it shows is the "Google Now" and "Trebucet". Maybe it was left from the previous install?

Ju Leon...

roscatel

Oct 17, 2012
Slobozia
Hi there,

I did, all it shows is the "Google Now" and "Trebucet". Maybe it was left from the previous install?

Ju Leon...

Maybe.. First try to completly uninstall it from Settings, then open again adb and try to install as system app.
adb root
adb shell mount -o rw,remount /system
adb push Launcher3.apk /system/app
adb reboot

Hope this time works properly.

inferno_gn

Jan 13, 2014
Hi there,

Uninstalling it from the app section?

Ju Leon...

Maybe.. First try to completly uninstall it from Settings, then open again adb and try to install as system app.
adb root
adb reboot

inferno_gn

Jan 13, 2014
Hi there,

Nope, that didn't work. *lol* Got a Read-only error. Blah, I'll revert it back. *lol* Too complicated for me...

Ju Leon...

inferno_gn

Jan 13, 2014
Hi there,

Ah, I finally found a solution. I uploaded the Launcher3.apk into the zip folder in the system/priv-app then install the zip file via bootloader and it works. *lol* It was a flute. :D

Ju Leon...

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
adb root
adb reboot

Or just download Root browser from the playstore?

Then move file to /system, change permissions to rw-r-r
screenshot-1337425814206.png

And then move the launcher3.apk to /System/Apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

Ju Leon...

See attachement.