Returning HTC One M8 To The Tmobile Store

Search This thread

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Im Still In My 14 Days Of Returning My Device, But The Bootloader Says **Tampered** And **unlocked** I Have S-On Tho.. And I've removed the red letters When I Boot The Device On... And if they find out it was tampered with , can they charge me on my bill?? im on my way to work and wanted to go after work (6pm, and they close at 8pm) Should i worry?:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks In advance and sorry for the question, i just really need help...:rolleyes::good:

Last edited:

Sisyphus306

Aug 12, 2012
Abingdon
Why don't you just try? It's not like they'll call the cops on you; the worst they can do is refuse the return. It's also very unlikely that the associates know how to get into the bootloader in the first place, so it probably won't even come up.

lulu217783

Apr 12, 2010
How do I return my HTC one m8 back to stock to exchange I'm having battery issues and I have rooted unlocked boot loader and am running venom Rom and am s-on still ??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda premium

nsuviolin2005

Nov 9, 2011
How do I return my HTC one m8 back to stock to exchange I'm having battery issues and I have rooted unlocked boot loader and am running venom Rom and am s-on still ??

You just have to look for a basic stock rom and flash that. As long as looks like basic stock, the reps in the store won't notice (or look for) evidence that it's rooted. Carriers (especially T-Mobile and Sprint) generally don't care.

lulu217783

Apr 12, 2010
Can I just flash my backup I did a backup before flashing the venom Rom?

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Why don't you just try? It's not like they'll call the cops on you; the worst they can do is refuse the return. It's also very unlikely that the associates know how to get into the bootloader in the first place, so it probably won't even come up.

I'm saying after they have accepted it.. can they call me like "sir, HTC just called us about the phone you just returned..and you are going to be hit with a fee" see something like that..?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

hawaiianboi

Aug 26, 2006
Hawaii
I'm saying after they have accepted it.. can they call me like "sir, HTC just called us about the phone you just returned..and you are going to be hit with a fee" see something like that..?

I dont think that would happen, I have returned a few mytouch phones way back when after having custom roms and nothing has happened. That was many years ago tho and I am not sure if HTC has changed any policies on that since then.

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
I just went in to tmobile just to figure out if they had any in stock., spoke with a salesman about the restock fee...and he said there is no voiding it unless, they run a diagnosis on the phone but it's unlocked and tampered...should I take the chance and tell them to run it?