[APP] AMeBa: Adapting Menu Bar for WM6.5.x [v0.8 release candidate - 31/Mar/2010]

Search This thread

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
I had issue with start menu freezing for few sec or even mins when opened on boot up.

Came to know it was AMeBa service fault.

Fixed it by removing "Order"=dword:0000000F in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\AMeBa key.

Now start menu doesn't freezing when opened. :)

Thanks...
Best Regards

Reactions: farsa

daniel-sh

Oct 29, 2010
worked fine on omnia 2

thanks xtap. It really helped me. I had flashed the jh2 rom on my omnia2 and was sufering its X button. your app is simply amazing.

pjpeter

Apr 30, 2009
there is no entry for ameba under \windows\startup
I discovered there are couple ways to effectively disable ameba in case it's already cooked in the rom:
1) disable it under the services section of dotfred's taskmanager (Clean solution)
2) delete the whole Ameba folder under HKLM\Services (less clean, but whatever :p)

Hope this is useful to someone ;)

That answers my question, thanks ephestione! :)

Last edited:
I had issue with start menu freezing for few sec or even mins when opened on boot up.

Fixed it by removing "Order"=dword:0000000F in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\AMeBa key.

Thanks...
Best Regards

awesome tip, thanks for that...

delayynee

Apr 7, 2010
im a noob. just bought this phone from someone and i cant get it back to the original settings. i think its this ameba thing, how do i delete it ?

meethiren

Sep 7, 2009
Vadodara
q3u Mail

Hi.
When i use q3u mail on my Touch HD t8282, I can't access the menu buttons on the bottom, which is occupied by Menu Bar.

When i had start button on top, i was able to access two different menu bottons in q3u mail, but now, with AMeBa i can access only one menu button both sides. That is, it shows Mail and Menu, but when i press either, it opens only the Mail options, not the Menu options. Please help.

My Phones S/w Details:
Manila: 2.5.20191914.0
ROM: 25.Nov.2010 WWE
Radio: 1.09.25.14

Cheers,
H

billyfras

Jan 2, 2011
Vibration

Vibration works great! It's better when set to vibrate after tap.

I also set both tap and hold to open start menu. I was experiencing some freezing when it was on the default setting.

great app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks...
    Best Regards