[APP & SRC] Samsung Tools (Source Now Included!) UPDATED: 24/01/2011

Search This thread

4e6ypax

Mar 15, 2011
I did not post the .xap, just saying that it works for me - although my phone has 7390, have not updated to 7392 yet.

Actually, you don't really need the xap - all it seems to do is read/set the registry values. With a registry editor like HEATHCLiFF74's Root Tools, you can set the values manually. It is easy to see in the source which values need to be set and to what.

TeamSiR

Aug 8, 2009
Toronto
Going back to before NoDo

Is there a way I can revert my phone back to before NoDo? It's a Samsung Focus AT&T on Telus network. I bought it unlocked, with the NoDo update, I really would like to enable MMS... such a pain getting it to work so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

radzi

Dec 14, 2008
1) this ADC stuff for auto configure MMS doesn't seems to work for me either. Is there any whay to try it manually, by reg-edit for example?
2) after rebook I go back to samsung tools and everything is checked but avoid relock isn't, I check it, rebook, and go back and still unchecked, is it normal? I go to gesitry and thos two fields are empty as the other method says, is it o? won't relock?

MrNetrix

Jan 11, 2010
Montreal
1) this ADC stuff for auto configure MMS doesn't seems to work for me either. Is there any whay to try it manually, by reg-edit for example?
2) after rebook I go back to samsung tools and everything is checked but avoid relock isn't, I check it, rebook, and go back and still unchecked, is it normal? I go to gesitry and thos two fields are empty as the other method says, is it o? won't relock?
That is normal. You just have to check it once.

W99DEY

Jun 21, 2009
I have tried this app also, it reconfigures the 3g settings fine, but the MMS settings are not reconfigured....

MTom

May 5, 2007
Hungary
Hi
I start the program, restart your phone, your Zune locks back after some time
omnia 7 nodo

goodalc0

Feb 23, 2010
MO
I have the samsung focus s, i did the interop unlock and went through all the restore 3g steps twice and i still have no data

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
did you try this:

Open up the Diagnosis app.
Dial this to enable autoconfigure sim setting: *#94765# (or dial 40*047#3, it's the same )
It will ask you to restart the device. Confirm that.

Rcf686

Feb 23, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I have the samsung focus s, i did the interop unlock and went through all the restore 3g steps twice and i still have no data
The diagnosis codes dont work for the S. You have to get the wirless manager from the samsung section of the app store and you can set it to for the auto apn from there. So far some of the diag codes work for the S but most dont.

MrGreencastle

Oct 25, 2010
Alberta
Updating my unlocked Samsung Focus to 7740 broke MMS. Previously, using Samsung Tools to fix this worked perfectly, but now checking the box and restarting seems to do absolutely nothing. Any ideas?

TeamSiR

Aug 8, 2009
Toronto
Battery draining?

Has anyone experience any effects on battery length? Since I've installed this tool, I was able to get MMS to work... now my battery just drains so fast. Almost 10% a hour. I've tested it with two batteries and it's still draining.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have made a small Tool that will prevent device relocking and allow maximum number of sideloaded apps. This may help a few people to make the impossible become possible without hassle.

Requirements:

Dev Unlocked Samsung Phone
    XAP Installer

Updated 23/01/2011:

Added: Run ADC option to automatically configure Data and MMS settings on reboot.
    Added: Enable the 3G Toggle option in 'mobile network' settings.
    Added: Reboot Button to restart your device easily.

Enjoy! :)

Source now also included!
    No I have not, I have used the samsung api and made it wrote to the necessary keys. I take no credit for the methods used only the UI which is simply just 2 checkboxes and a button. I wasnt aware that chevron made an app that RUNS ON DEVICE to remove sideload limit and prevent relocking. I only saw people struggling with registry editors trying to make the changes manually. So before opening your mouth trying to discredit people read through the forums thouroughly. This was intended to make things easier for people that unlocked their device with chevron tool.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    I think to The big Athiest dont understand the tile of the tool

I agree he is mistaking this with the chevronWP7 Unlock tool which also has a version to remove the sideload limit. My app doesnt unlock, and it runs on device not desktop pc and has the ability to prevent relocking. :)

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    good job though...i was just asking cause i have already modified the keys and just wanted to know if this brought anything new to the table. :)

Brought nothing new to the table yet, but I am working on something! ;)
    The app has now been updated! Please see the first page in this thread for more details. :)