[Q] Problem during flashing a zip from recovery

Search This thread

k_basara

Jan 8, 2013
Hello everyone, I encounted a problem when trying to install niaboc79's eXistenZ v1.0.0 rom.

Here's what I did:

First I flashed the stock 10.3.1.A.2.67 FTF using flashtool on my C5503 (unlocked bl).

Then I try to root it using this which is niaboc79's recommendation, but it says it doesn't support my phone, so I changed to this one which worked.

Then I installed this recovery on my phone, copied eXistenZ zip file to my phone's sd card, reboot toCWM recovery, get data and cache wiped, then chose the zip to install...

Now problem comes: the install progress goes extremely fast and shows "install dualboot (or dual recovery I can't remember)" at the end then finished. So I chose reboot in recovery to see if it did installed properly, and the recovery says my phone is not rooted. After reboot, my phone stuck on SONY logo screen.

I flashed back to stock firmware then did the whole thing again but got the same result.

What happend and what should I do?

Thanks!

ronaldbeti

Oct 22, 2013
Jesselton
Try search for reboot fix somewhere in ZR rooting thread. Maybe it can help u.

sent from my Xperia ZR using XDA Premium 4 mobile app | stock rom 4.3 | Locked bootloader | Rooted |

Reactions: k_basara

k_basara

Jan 8, 2013
I think I found why.

Did a google search and found a thread mentioned about this problem in this rom.

Seem the author of the rom misplaced the /system folder into a sub folder in the zip file, while /system folder should be in the root of the zip file.

This explains why the flashing progress goes so fast, because there is basically nothing to flash in the zip in this case.

I'll modify the zip and try again tomorrow.

=======================================================

Yes, it's now working after the folder structure is corrected.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts