[INDEX] Everything you need to play with your phone...

Search This thread
Aug 8, 2014
Pune
Enquiry on Cronmod scripts

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie and have the HTC Wildfire S device (marvel). I have just flashed the latest update of cyanogenmod nightly (cm-11-20140807-NIGHTLY-marvel) by olivier sir.

Okay, so I need an info, suppose i flash the INT2EXTV2+ (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124) from this thread then do I need to flash the Dalvik-Cache Wipe Tool provided on the same thread (http://d-h.st/LX4) too?? or is it optional?

Also needed a suggestion if the INT2EXTV2+ is better or the Link2sd application on play store is better? Which should I prefer.

Aug 8, 2014
Pune
No need to flash "Dalvik-Cache Wipe Tool". This tool for another purpose.

And as I think INT2EXTV2+ is better then Link2sd ;)

Thanks a lot testmasterbd! :) And yeah I thought so the INT2EXTV2+ would be the preferred choice to go with ;) :good: :D

One more thing though, the Cronmod thread quotes

Instructions by croniccorey sir on the Cronmod thread.

To include one of my scripts in your rom just add it to the init.d folder and rename it to 40a2sd/40d2ext/40int2ext depending on the chosen script, if you choose a d2ext/int2ext script then remove the "06mountdl" or "06BindCache" if they exist as the script will do this from now on.

Would I be needing to do this, according to the instruction or shall I just

1. Flash the CronMod-Script using CWM (choose zip from sdcard)
2. format /sd-ext
3. reboot system

Or if I will be needing to follow the instructions please can you guide me through, suppose if I am flashing the INT2EXTV2+ ,I had these doubts

1. add it to the init.d folder and rename it to 40int2ext or 40int2extv2+
2. where would I find "06mountdl" or "06BindCache" ...and how to delete them? (would I just delete it normaly or through some safe delete procedure)

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

And @testmasterbd , sir also I can see that you use the int2extv2+ script only, but what is with these d2ext and a2sd, are these better than int2ext, which among these three provide the largest optimization and space?

Last edited:

testmasterbd

Sep 22, 2013
In this Planet
Would I be needing to do this, according to the instruction or shall I just

1. Flash the CronMod-Script using CWM (choose zip from sdcard)
2. format /sd-ext
3. reboot system

Yes, no need to do anything else. Just flash the script. If you need any help you can follow THIS.

also I can see that you use the int2extv2+ script only, but what is with these d2ext and a2sd, are these better than int2ext, which among these three provide the largest optimization and space?

Those are oldest script. You can go with INT2EXT4+ or INT2EXTV2+. If you need more info about CronMod read original thread or this one. Also you can use XDA search option ;)

Reactions: FrozenElement0
Aug 8, 2014
Pune
Urgent assistance needed

Hi sorry for so many questions, but I just didn't want to brick my phone..which I am afraid is what has happened now...it seems I was flashing the int2extv2+ script and the installation is stuck (I think so, because the progress bar is not moving forward ).

I have attached a screenshot (sorry for the blur image, the file size exceeded)..its been stuck for almost half an hour now..is it supposed to take that much time?? please someone assist me...shall i remove the battery..would it brick my phone?

Attachments

• Photo1037.jpg
    Photo1037.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 187

testmasterbd

Sep 22, 2013
In this Planet
Hi sorry for so many questions, but I just didn't want to brick my phone..which I am afraid is what has happened now...it seems I was flashing the int2extv2+ script and the installation is stuck (I think so, because the progress bar is not moving forward ).

I have attached a screenshot (sorry for the blur image, the file size exceeded)..its been stuck for almost half an hour now..is it supposed to take that much time?? please someone assist me...shall i remove the battery..would it brick my phone?

Just press volume button several times (until it enabled) then press power button. It will be OK. :)

stew0.sv

Jul 26, 2012
hi guys....i really need flash stock rom and kernel.....which stock rom and kernel ? and where i can find them? Please

Top Liked Posts