*** New Device Forum Requests ***

Search This thread

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Admins do you even look at this page sometimes or is it only to create vision that you respect people opinions and ready to give them forum, I'm and other 200 of exynos galaxy s5 users not going to stop until you respond to us, give us your answer, we wouldn't keep silence, you may ban me but I will open hundreds of another accs from hundred of other ips if you block my ip, you are discriminating exynos galaxy s5 users because majority of other samsung exynos devices have personal exynos development forum !!!! We wouldn't stay in silence !

?????????? I wasn't expecting that smooth and quick of an outcome when I went to the next page after reading this ??? ???

Reactions: TheDarkSithLord

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Can you add Zenfone 3 Laser?

Just a general point first and not a reply to you in particular but to all people putting in requests:

You need to build a good case for having a device added.
Has a it got good developer interest?
Can you prove it by listing links to several existing threads?
Is it a popular device here at XDA and can you list several thread links showing users discussing and asking questions about the device?

Sometimes we will add a special tag to threads for a device so it shows in find my device, but we won't add forums until we have a few pages of threads. So just having 20 threads for example would not lead to forums being created but it might mean we special tag the threads so they get listed together and found more easily.

Now, the Zenfone 3 Laser has a few threads:
http://xdaforums.com/zenfone-3/help/zenfone-3-laser-z01bdc-t3478619
http://xdaforums.com/zenfone-3/help/zenfone-3-laser-zc551kl-wont-boot-t3497492
http://xdaforums.com/zenfone-3/help/please-help-obi-one-vanilla-update-t3506595
http://xdaforums.com/zenfone-3/help/how-to-root-zenfone-3-laser-zc551kl-t3502606
http://xdaforums.com/zenfone-3/how-to/zenfone-3-laser-zc551kl-version-t3489559
http://xdaforums.com/general/help/zenfone-3-laser-root-t3485934

However, that's not really enough, yet, to add a special tag or forums. We also look at the length and quality of the threads to determine if tagging or forums are warranted. People should not be tempted to add threads just in an attempt to get a device added.... that won't work;).

Mike

troy.

Jan 23, 2016
Manila
Since the Samsung A series 2017 are expected to be released this month, the forum "Samsung A Series" (which contains the 2015 & 2016) will be flooded. So please create a separate forum for the Samsung A Series 2015, 2016 & 2017.

Top Liked Posts

Hello @Oswald Boelcke

Redmi K60 Ultra needs a dedicated forum because the phone bootloader can be unlocked and the device has TWRP, and a large number of users have already purchased the device. Here is the TWRP device tree and pictures:
    ed815595783d089751e7ebaf5693fab2.jpeg

Thank you for your time and consideration
    Hello @Oswald Boelcke

Redmi K60 Ultra needs a dedicated forum because the phone bootloader can be unlocked and the device has TWRP, and a large number of users have already purchased the device. Here is the TWRP device tree and pictures:

Thank you for your time and consideration
    Hello and good morning, @Google2021

I really appreciate the trust and confidence into my capabilities that your message shows, but I as a moderator have no powers at all to create device fora.
    However, it might be useful if you here share links to Redmi K60 Ultra related threads that already exist on XDA; especially links to development threads like ROM's, kernel, recoveries would be very helpful.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Please create a thread for the device - Motorola G84 5G in the Motorola section Thank you!
    Thank you so much from the Redmagic users. You are the best.
    Also thanks to the other forum admins. @MikeChannon @the_scotsman and every admin involved.
    Redmi Note 13 pro 5g/Poco x6
    @mvikrant97 Sorry, I've to apologise. Creation of device fora is completely out of hands of a moderator. I've no insight into the decisions or processes. As you've mentioned you've contacted our forum administrators and please don't forget they are very busy and one is absent due to real life. I can only request your patience.

CC: @MikeChannon
    There's a forum for development if a device doesn't have a dedicated thread yet:
    Or also one for guides and tutorials:
    So, you might want to consider to encourage the developers you know to post their work there.

Our forum administrator addressed his stance just about 6 weeks ago in this thread:
    I don't understand it either. I mean, with all due respect, development is in progress for the device (I'm involved in it too; I'll launch a new Los build in the next few days). XDA is a great place for discussion and to show such progress (and also to incentivate it). We have other threads opened recently for devices which don't have any development at all (for instance, the X6 Pro, x6 neo, etc).

In any case, I will add posts in the indicated sections about the development I am undertaking if necessary.

Thanks and best
    Please post all your requests here.

The forum admins choose new device forums carefully, based on several factors. There's no guarantee your device will have a forum created here, but feel free to posts your requests in this thread :)

Please do not send me a PM asking for a forum to be added.
    Android Car Stereo Radio Head Units

There are multiple devices in this category that seem to be served by a couple of monolithic threads that currently try to cover all the topics related to them. The two main categories of device seem to be HuiFei devices serviced by this thread (currently 9118 posts) and the AN-21 U devices by this thread (currently 6484 posts). Both devices ideally would have their own sub-forum as they are quite distinct development wise however a "Android Car Stereo Radio Head Units" forum would be a substantial improvement. Thanks.
    Samsung Galaxy S Duos

Listen........................................

There should be a forum for Galaxy S Duos..since there are a lot of thread discussing further development on this device.

There are many ROMs like :

So please LISTEN..LISTEN...LISTEN...LISTEN.. to us
    A Forum for this device[Galaxy S Duos] is must
    Please Create a forum for S Duos... ASAP..!
    Please consider creating a forum specific for the SD 778 based galaxy a52s 5g. I'm sure samsung will sell a lot of these so a dedicated forum would help to avoid confusion with the regular SD 750 based galaxy A52 5g...
    Hey there, recently All of the LG Optimus L line phones, have had their Locked bootloaders hacked and now have fully functional ROOT, ClockworkMod and soon to begin cooking ROMS, thats why we need a device forums not 300 pages threads (u basicaly cant find the stuff that was posted 1week ago anymore, its a big mess there) in L7/L5 or L3 threads, ( L3 have official Cyanogen Support and soon others will have it too ) So Please Please create device forums for us... You can create them into one single big group, believe me these devices are quite popular

Device list that missing the forums:

LG Optimus L3 E400
    LG Optimus L5 E610
    LG Optimus L7 P700/P705

Device list that already have a forum:
    LG Optimus L9 (ALREADY HAVE A FORUM)