[ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2.1

Search This thread

ckfalls

Aug 4, 2010
Washington, DC
Love this ROM! Rooted on many devices but this one really had a lot of detail, thanks again as always Nitro.

I'm about to flash v1.3 so this may become a mute point, but I'm trying to see if Eclipse will allow me to expand the allocated space for apps. 1 GB seems like a lot, and I don't think I have that many in terms of the space used, but this screenshot says differently.

Anyone aware if how to expand the allotted space?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363880777857.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363880777857.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 471

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Love this ROM! Rooted on many devices but this one really had a lot of detail, thanks again as always Nitro.

I'm about to flash v1.3 so this may become a mute point, but I'm trying to see if Eclipse will allow me to expand the allocated space for apps. 1 GB seems like a lot, and I don't think I have that many in terms of the space used, but this screenshot says differently.

Anyone aware if how to expand the allotted space?

Thanks!

Sounds like you setup a ROM slot with only 1 gig for data apps. To expand that you will have to boot back into safestrap TWRP and create a ROM slot with more data space. Me personally have slot 1 set for daily driver with 2 gigs of data. If I am testing something out I will create a 1 gig data slot on number 2.

ckfalls

Aug 4, 2010
Washington, DC
That was my suspicion. No way to change that on an already created slot I suppose?

Thanks for the help!

theistus

Mar 27, 2010
That was my suspicion. No way to change that on an already created slot I suppose?

Thanks for the help!

You could try back up the rom in SS, then wiping the slot and recreating it with a larger partition, then restoring the rom to the new slot. never tried it, but theoretically it should work and you can always go back if it doesn't.

Let us know if it works! :)

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Sadly, it appears that Eclipse 1.3 will not work with the JB update. It tries to boot but just goes into a blank screen.

So after many many good times with this rom I must leave it behind it seems. Giving LiquidSmooth a run now.

Many many thanx to the dev for putting it together.

denpad2010

Jun 2, 2010
SC
I have using a droid bionic with eclipse 2.2 actually is my friends phone I'm using a note 2,anyway he has issues with phone he says no more 4g weird since before he had 4g, so I'm thinking flash this rom what you think I can do it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA
I have using a droid bionic with eclipse 2.2 actually is my friends phone I'm using a note 2,anyway he has issues with phone he says no more 4g weird since before he had 4g, so I'm thinking flash this rom what you think I can do it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

That is a gingerbread build. Fastboot to stock and update to jellybean. Root the ICS build and use ota (voodoo) root keeper before taking the jb update

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

jrk190

Sep 4, 2012
McLeansville
Would it be possible to do a JB build of Eclipse? This looks AMAZING. I just prefer Jb to Ics.

Sent from my XT875 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Eclipse for the Droid Bionic. As I normally do with my Motorola builds I remove just about as much blur as I can and replace them with their AOSP counterparts. I have compiled the AOSP apps against the Bionic framework for the best compatibility. All the AOSP apps are from my modded AOSP eclipse source. So they do come with extra goodies!

Things to know:
    If you like blur apps such as Smart Actions, the blur widgets (this includes the contacts widget), or anything that says Motorola this is not the rom for you. If you do not like everything blacked out/inverted then this is not the rom for you.

Instructions:
    You must be running some flavor of ICS to be able to run this rom.

Installation instructions:
    1. Boot into safestrap - tested with v3.05
    2. Wipe Data/factory reset
    3. Install Eclipse Bionic ICS zip (install takes a little while)
    4. Boot phone (Initial boot takes a little while)
    5. Profit from its beauty

Screenshots:
    1.png

2.png

General Overview:
    Moto based from the 246 OTA
    Deodexed, zipaligned, rooted (all the norm)
    Super SU
    OI/CM9 File Manager compiled with the ICS sdk
    Custom Eclipse Launcher forked from Trebuchet
    Settings for the Launcher are found under Eclipse Settings in the Settings menu
    Lots of blur services have been disabled - much leaner than stock
    Fully removed backup assistant
    Eclipse AOSP MMS with emoji support and inverted
    AOSP Alarm Clock
    AOSP Calculator
    AOSP Calendar (inverted)
    AOSP Gallery
    DSP Manager
    init.d support
    All main apps are inverted
    Terminal emulator
    Added Google Voice
    8 Power control widgets/toggles (coded by me in source)
    Inverted Google Talk
    Inverted Gmail
    Full AOSP ICS themed framework and applications
    The framework is very dark for both GB and ICS resources (no I am not changing this)
    All status bar items changed back to their AOSP resources
    Accurate battery 1% mod with new Eclipse batte
    AOSP lockscreen
    Framework tweaks
    Jellybean keyboard with Swype like features
    ICS AOSP camera with 8mp
    Custom Eclipse bootanimation - thanks DUBSX!!
    Extended power menu with reboot, hot reboot and bootloader

http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showthread.php?11-ROM-Bionic-Eclipse-ICS-v1-2-1-11-9-12

Changelog:
    v1.2 - 11/3/12
    Removed JB 4.2 camera
    Added back AOSP ICS camera
    Upped the mp of AOSP camera from 5mp to 8mp
    Added brightness and airplane toggles (scroll left and right to access them)
    Updated AOSP keyboard to the release version (cleaner swiping action and word suggestions)
    Added two more hotseats to the AOSP lock screen (phone,sms)

v1.1 - 10/31/12
    Replaced blur camera with JB AOSP photosphere camera patched for the bionic
    Added extended reboot options
    Removed leftover blur services
    Cleaned up framework

v1.0 - 10/30/12
    Initial Release
    In case you hadn't seen 1.3 is out.

You used ss to install eclipse for stock?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

No, first (WHILE ON THE STOCK SLOT) I uninstalled safestrap and removed everything to do with safestrap or twrp on my internal sd with root browser (this will delete all of the ROMs installed with safestrap). 2nd I installed bootstrap bp tools. 3rd I booted into CWM AND MADE A BACKUP OF MY STOCK ROM, wiped, did a factory reset and installed Eclipse and flashed a couple of mods. 4th I booted back up and deleted the recovery folder from preinstall. 5th I installed safestrap 3.05 and installed a ROM to slot 1. Everything seems to have worked fine its been a few hours and I haven't had any problems yet.

What's the best way to upgrade from Eclipse v3.0? I need to forward my Bionic-owning friend to this thread

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

What's the best way to upgrade from Eclipse v3.0? I need to forward my Bionic-owning friend to this thread

This is what I did : [FXZ] to ics using rsd lite then root using ics root and the set up your play store and install recovery of your choice (I used bionic bootstrap) put eclipse 1.2 on your sd so you can find it and reboot into recovery then flash the rom