4.1.2 update

Search This thread

lthary

Jul 28, 2012
My unlimited plan has been the ONLY thing that has kept me here this long. But T-Mobile has a Full Unlimited plan as well for $30 a month. That plan just has less talking minutes, but I don't talk on my phone that much anyways.

Sent from My Spiderman Themed I747

I will have to test how T work in my area, with ATT I have lte all over, and yes it makes the use of the phone a pleasure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Helloworld294

Feb 25, 2012
Vancouver
Not just ATT lol same goes to all Canadian carriesrs like rogers, fido, bell, telus etc. Looks like north american sgs3 is in a shadow.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
Everyday I am more and more interested in switching providers with all the crap they pull.

Based off everything I have seen and heard, I can wish you luck. The big 2 and 2 (AT&T and Verizon and then T-Mobile and Sprint) all give some level of hassle with updates. If not updates then they suck elsewhere.

As far as why carriers feel they must be part of the update process, who knows. I think one of the reasons is what was already mentioned here and in many other threads: Most people just expect their phone to work. As most of us (on XDA) already know, updates can sometimes cause issues requiring factory resets and/or adds, changes, or removes features (which I have seen people get upset because the phone features do not work as before). AT&T customer care does not want to deal with these individuals I am sure.

lthary

Jul 28, 2012
Based off everything I have seen and heard, I can wish you luck. The big 2 and 2 (AT&T and Verizon and then T-Mobile and Sprint) all give some level of hassle with updates. If not updates then they suck elsewhere.

As far as why carriers feel they must be part of the update process, who knows. I think one of the reasons is what was already mentioned here and in many other threads: Most people just expect their phone to work. As most of us (on XDA) already know, updates can sometimes cause issues requiring factory resets and/or adds, changes, or removes features (which I have seen people get upset because the phone features do not work as before). AT&T customer care does not want to deal with these individuals I am sure.

I guess at the end of the day we should be thankful to great devs who are making great roms for our phones, , and they are keeping them up to date!

Reactions: fajhaj and RockRatt

leoriver42

Mar 2, 2011
Tegucigalpa
so... I got tired of waiting but I am unsure about installing a ROM (decreasing my battery life and/or 'overtweaking' the phone) . Is there any 4.2.2 ROM that basically mimics Stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
How do you think the developers are feeling? Probably bored to be honest....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

trh1341

Jun 13, 2011
MESA
First of all..I have never flashed a ROM that had worse battery than stock.. I've always had better battery ALWAYS. Second...you Dont NEED to tweak your phone. You can install a ROM and just leave it like that and use it like normal. Now..there are no 4.2.2 Roms that mimic it. But I would check out hyperdrive if you want touchwiz and if you want 4.2.2 check out any of the Roms that say "HALO" in the title. Very neat feature!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: leoriver42

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
First of all..I have never flashed a ROM that had worse battery than stock.. I've always had better battery ALWAYS.

If you talking about in relation to pure bloated stock, then I definitely agree. However, if the stock ROM is rooted, then seriously debloated using tools like TiBu, and perhaps a custom kernel, then finding "better" battery life on another TW custom ROM will be hard to find as it may not be significant in the difference. If the custom ROM has a bug or other problem, it can actually cause worse battery life. Note that I only mention TouchWiz ROMs. I do not reference AOSP because that is a different beast altogether in my opinion.

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010
I still do not understand why Apple can release their update without ATT approve, and Samsung cannot ?! :confused:ATT is a telecom company and should not have a say in samsung software . Maybe Samsung need to grow up and stand behind their product.

That's the price AT&T pays to carry the iPhone. That's the price all carriers pay. That is the kind of thing you can do when you have the most popular device out there. Having said that, you can always get a Nexus phone or the Nexus version of the S4 when it comes out, and never have to deal with AT&T's updates.

mikjuv

Jun 18, 2013
Hello!
I am Italiani and I bought this terminal...I have the firmware 4.1.1 of android...I want to know it there are news on when the 4.1.2 will be available.
Thanks

Yopkin1

Sep 6, 2012
Its kinda sad when you look at it. The main reason I bought this so called flagship product was to get flagship service. I have a really bad feeling that this update will be out if it ever comes out end of the year. Also might try a custom rom or root mine and do a few ui tweaks. But I really don't like bug and crashes that no stock roms bring.

I guess I should have bought a nexus.

lthary

Jul 28, 2012
Its kinda sad when you look at it. The main reason I bought this so called flagship product was to get flagship service. I have a really bad feeling that this update will be out if it ever comes out end of the year. Also might try a custom rom or root mine and do a few ui tweaks. But I really don't like bug and crashes that no stock roms bring.

I guess I should have bought a nexus.

In a way you are right, but the main reason why Att is not coming with the updated is some bug they have, is what they say anyway . When is coming to root and custom rom, you can try the T-Mobi stock roms ,is working great and is bug free, at least for me

Reactions: Altaman

Yopkin1

Sep 6, 2012
True.
At least it would be kept updated through a couple of OS generations so long as the hardware is compatible.
I'm looking at the Google S4 for that reason....

See just for the soul fact of that im not looking at the s4. its nice would like one. but if im only gonna get one os update pre gen of phone. We all know there will be an s5 next year. or atlest get a note 3. I would rather get Lenovo k900 or asus phone. I read there might be some north editions being made. Also im with telus so update are never gonna happen.

dcr4m

Mar 7, 2013
Radom
I think we shouldn't buy anything from at&t again, they are always doing same thing. I'm gonna change my i747 with a international s4 or note 2

SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Reactions: tejajuloori

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's very annoying indeed. However, there's plenty of custom touchwiz roms with 4.1.2 features and they're debloated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not being from the US I can comment on ATT, they are probably making sure the N S A can still gather information on the general public......
    Does it not p*** anyone else off that the Samsung galaxy s3 for AT&T still hasn't gotten 4.1.2 or even any news on it. The galaxy s2 even got the update for AT&T, so how is it not yet out for the s3.
    Yes it does.
    Did you call, email, or contact them in any way to let them know of your displeasure?
    They don't read these forums. If you're unhappy, you need to let THEM know. I did - and if enough paying customers threatened to go elsewhere, they'd pay more attention.
    Does it not piss anyone else off that the Samsung galaxy s3 for AT&T still hasn't gotten 4.1.2 or even any news on it. The galaxy s2 even got the update for AT&T, so how is it not yet out for the s3.
    1342805067177_9003247.png

Enough said LoL
    How to get the Samsung 4.1.2 update:

1. Root your phone with chainfire's CF autoroot method.
    2. Install chainfire's app Mobile Odin from the play store.
    3. Download the T Mobile T999 update from samsung-updates.com.
    4. Flash everything from the update EXCEPT the modem.

Enjoy the 4.1.2 goodness...

You forgot 5. Install deTmobilized ROM made for ATT. The T-Mobile converted to a ATT ROM with MANY Extras...

Sent from My Spiderman Themed I747