[Guide] Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST |2014.07.08|

Search This thread

brijeshep

Aug 26, 2012
►KERALA◄
9droid.blogspot.com
ChangeLog: 2014.03.31

Added ROM in Jelly Bean Section:

[AOSP 4.2.2] GlassROM Iridiscent by gnmmarechal
jMrwIHIaX6CIv.png
jbjsGhprHTmuy8.png

More...

brijeshep

Aug 26, 2012
►KERALA◄
9droid.blogspot.com
ChangeLog: 2014.04.26

More ROMs:-

[CM 7.2] RazrUI by SpaceCaker
[CM 7.2] The End by kevinlekiller
[CM 7.2] CyanogenMod 7.2 Official by tazlooney89
[CM 7.2] CyanogenMod 7.2 TeamAdreno (ssDen_lol)
[CM 7.2] LeWa ROM by Lovetz
[CM 7.2] RadonMod by Radon7
[CM 7.2] Alley23 ROM by alley23
[CM 7.2] ElegantWhite by tazlooney89
[CM 7.2] SecureGen by an0nym0us_
[CM 7.2] GalaxySense-MOD by tazlooney89
[CM 7.2] Infinity by nims11
[AOSP 2.3.7] Clean Android by slaid480
[AOSP 2.3.7] [Port] OXYGEN AOSP by letsurock

[Stock 2.3.6] LG OPTIMIZED 2xx by SpaceCaker
[Stock 2.3.6] SGA+ by AndroidGadgetCyprus
[Stock 2.3.6] Adrenaline™ ROM by ImbaWind
[Stock 2.3.6] BaldEagle ROM by jinavs
[Stock 2.3.6] Pourya-na ace by pourya-man
[Stock 2.3.6] OmegaROM by Shaaan
[Stock 2.3.6] MIUY4 by rush25
[Stock 2.3.6] AashROM by Modulüs
[Stock 2.3.6] TouchMeROM by spk190537
[Stock 2.3.6] XperiaICS by tazlooney89
[Stock 2.3.6] WindowsPhone7 UI by jinavs
[Stock 2.3.6] DXKT5/DXKT7/XWKT7 by ketut.kumajaya
[Stock 2.3.6] Might&Magic_ICS by Spex
[Stock 2.3.6] iOS v4.0 by tj_droid
[Stock 2.3.6] ParsLand by s-android
[Stock 2.3.6] GlsmtRom by sametpoyraz
[Stock 2.3.6] HTC/Samsung Themed Gingerbread by rickwyatt
[Stock 2.3.6] TurboGingerblue by tazlooney89

[Stock 2.3.5] MUSH69ROM by SaMsUnG_GiO
[Stock 2.3.5] BlockBuster Rom by fuss132

[Stock 2.3.4] Code.ROM by Marciin88
[Stock 2.3.4] FirstUA-ROM by Grif_07
[Stock 2.3.4] BehradGH Rom Series by BehradGH

[Stock 2.3.3] BAREBONERZ XWKPO by SpaceCaker
[Stock 2.3.3] ILAROM by ilarrain
[Stock 2.3.3] Ace of Galaxy by hero2003

[Stock 2.2.1] NoName Froyo by an0nym0us_

[Sense 2.1] [Port] HTC Sense 2.1 by SpaceCaker

Amilius

May 3, 2014
Thank you !

Nice post to recap all roms available for our galaxy ace :D
It's very useful !

Thank you man :good:

Abhimanyu911

Apr 27, 2014
Aurangabad
Thanks

It is very useful one :) But I can't switch On my mobile network data in IOS 5 Black - SGA & BB_OS6_v1. Otherwise list is too Good.:D

Last edited:

gorengpisang

May 21, 2014
Help me please

Can someone help me ? I installed CWM Recovery first and try to root. After that I root but after I reboot my phone I cant see SuperUser. I download Root Checker and I get no root access. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

D

Deleted member 5617821

Can someone help me ? I installed CWM Recovery first and try to root. After that I root but after I reboot my phone I cant see SuperUser. I download Root Checker and I get no root access. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Root first then install CWM. So now try reflashing the stock rom back using odin. After that go to Recovery Mode and do Wipe data/ factory reset and now install Root.zip and then CWM.zip. Hope I Helped :)

Reactions: brijeshep

artasoma

Jun 5, 2014

I got the same problem and tried with flashing again and first rooting but it did not help.
Than I solved it by choosing another stock firmware, flashing again with Odin and than doing rooting first. Seems to me that you need the correct combination phone <-> firmware in order that rooting works.

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I got the same problem and tried with flashing again and first rooting but it did not help.
Than I solved it by choosing another stock firmware, flashing again with Odin and than doing rooting first. Seems to me that you need the correct combination phone <-> firmware in order that rooting works.

Sometimes there's not enough internal memory space to push the necessary files in the rooting process ;)

New firmwares are full of bloatware... :silly:

Reactions: brijeshep

brijeshep

Aug 26, 2012
►KERALA◄
9droid.blogspot.com
ChangeLog: 2014.06.07

Added Links,

• CyanogenMod 11 Kitkat - Builds @ androidarmv6.org
  • Omni Kitkat - Builds @ androidarmv6.org
  • [CM 7.2] CyanogenMod™ XIII Dragon by mickael.webmaster

Updated Link,

• Kitkat For All [CWM.5.x] CM 11, Omni & Omega by Salim PS

adnaanbheda

Jun 8, 2014
All Guides for Other Devices:

[Guide] Know your Device: Galaxy Ace GT-S5830/L/B/T | Root, Odin, CWM, ROM List & More...

The Samsung Galaxy Ace (also known as Samsung Galaxy Cooper in some territories) is a smartphone manufactured by Samsung that runs the open source Android operating system. Announced and released by Samsung in 2011, the Galaxy Ace features an 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 processor with the Adreno 200 GPU.

The Galaxy Ace is a 3.5G smartphone, offering quad-band GSM and announced with two-band HSDPA (900/2100) at 7.2 Mbit/s. The display is a 3.5 inch TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen with its protection by a Gorilla Glass and has HVGA (320x480) resolution. There is also a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, capable of recording videos at QVGA (320x240) resolution and VGA (640x480) resolution with the Gingerbread update, and a 1350 mAh Li-Ion battery.

jtdwC5QVPg4UQ.png

Specifications:-

Key Combinations:-

Download: Home + Volume(-) + Power

Recovery: Home + Power

jgAPJnesiu8EI.png

How to install Stock Firmware?

Be Careful while Flashing via Odin!
  • Do not turnoff / Remove USB Cable while flashing.
  • Flash Correct Firmware File; otherwise your device may become HARD BRICK means DEAD!
  • Read Flashing Instructions Carefully.
What I need?

Step-by-Step Instuctions:-

• Install Samsung Drivers.
  • Extract Stock firmware zip file to get the .tar.md5 file named like "S5830XWKTM........"
  • Extract "Odin for GT-S5830+OPS.zip" with WinRar, 7Zip or Windows zip file utility.
  • Power off your Phone.
  • Get into "Download mode" by pressing Home + Vol(-) + Power Keys.
  • Open Odin_Multi_Downloader.exe
  • Connect your phone to pc via USB cable.

jotbZrVY83MfO.png

• Make sure that your phone is detected in "Com Port Maping" area (YELLOW Color)
  • Step:1 - Press "Select Ops" button and choose Cooper.ops file along with the Odin_Multi_Downloader.exe
  • Step:2 - Check "One Package" tick.
  • Step:3 - Press "One Package" button and choose the firmware file xxxx.tar.md5
  • Step:4 - Press "Start" button under Execution.
  • Wait for some time... The flashing may take about 4 min - 5 min. The Phone will be auto rebooted after successfull flasing.
  • Remove the USB Cable.
  • If you are facing boot loop after flashing completed on Odin, you have to go to Stock Recovery (Home+Power Key combination) and select wipe data/factory reset.
jEDvmKqvhe1c1.png

How to install ClockworkMod Recovery?
  • Download and Copy CWM 5.0.2.6-Cooper.zip (Dev-Host, 5.42 MB) to SD Card
  • Power off your Galaxy Ace
  • Get into recovery mode by pressing Home+Power Keys.
  • Choose "apply update from sdcard"
    jyIJR5l0rBmbP.png
  • Select "CWM 5.0.2.6-Cooper.zip" and confirm the action.
  • Reboot system now
  • Again go to recovery mode by pressing Home+Power Keys.
    jGIbAKi0vjocQ.png
  • Now you are successfully installed CWM!

Want to Remove unnecessary stock apps? Wan't to install extra Fonts? Copy and Replace System apps?

For that you need to ROOT your Phone.

Benefits of Rooting Android Phones - Article by Taimur Akmal

Remember, Rooting will void your warranty. So If you are on warranty period, Don't do it!

How to ROOT your Galaxy Ace? (2.3.x)

• Download and Copy Root_Cooper.zip (Dev-Host, 1.76 MB) to SD Card.
  • Power off your Galaxy Ace
  • Get into CWM recovery mode by pressing Home+Power Keys.
  • Choose "install zip from sdcard"
  • Select "Root_Cooper.zip" and confirm the action.
  • Reboot system now.
  • Now your Phone is Rooted!, Enjoy Modding!
Use App Master Tool from Play Store to Remove system apps, (Be carefull while selecting system apps. Some apps are essential for the system, double check before removing them)

Use Root Browser Free or Rhythm File Manager for best root file access.

Please help, Odin and Kies are not detecting my Galaxy Ace S8530 in Downloading mode :( Tried installing different drivers and different usb ports but no good :/ Please help me, Am using Odin Multi-Downloader v4.4.2

darkkfruit

Feb 19, 2014
Please help me,I'm trying to unlock my samsung galaxy ace but I am unable to root it. I cannot remove any bloatware since I am not rooted. How do I manage to root/unlock?

D

Deleted member 5617821

Please help me,I'm trying to unlock my samsung galaxy ace but I am unable to root it. I cannot remove any bloatware since I am not rooted. How do I manage to root/unlock?

What recovery are you using? You can only root from the stock recovery. So if you have CWM, then I suggest you flash the stock firmware back and then root it. Now if you have the stock recovery, just flash the root file available at the OP of this thread. If you encounter any error, just post the error here and we will be glad to help. Always make sure to root first before installing CWM. As for the unlocking, try going through the following links,

[TUTORIAL] Unlock Samsung [GT-S5570 / i5500 / Galaxy Ace]

[Q] How to Unlock GT-S5830 ON ORANGE

Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

Top Liked Posts