Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mr. Apocalypse

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 22, 2009
Houston, Tx
Kernel Source Released

Ok guys, as you can probably see, i have not updated this in a while, this is because i have moved on from froyo. Immortality-CM is now my active project. So, i've uploaded my source code to my Google Code page, for DEVELOPERS ONLY!!

It can be downloaded here: Download Source

Rayn1328

Oct 5, 2010
ann arbor
Ok guys, as you can probably see, i have not updated this in a while, this is because i have moved on from froyo. Immortality-CM is now my active project. So, i've uploaded my source code to my Google Code page, for DEVELOPERS ONLY!!

It can be downloaded here: Download Source

lol i was just reading the entire thread and was looking for either a butterfly or maybe a pretty magical unicorn for your kernal so you can please quit scaring the poor art instructors. of course im kidding as an old man its funny reading ppl whining about such things. thanks for all your hard work. hopefully you and all the other great devs end up with the same phone i get next (hoping for herc) anyway thanks and keep up the great work:D

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

lol...just downloaded 2.2 the skull rocks!!!

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
Lets see how this runs with tard rom. With luck it will get rid of the silly FC with exchange issue.

o0stryxs0o

Feb 6, 2011
Nashv!lle
Tried this out for a while but its not wanting to co-operate very well. It lags down to a grinding halt with out a real understanding as why. Probably switching off of it pretty soon. I had high hopes though.

**Bionix**

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
On tard with voltage control set to smartass and i/o scheduling on noop its super smooth. Smoothest my phone has ever been. Though its only getting 1700 quadrents. Part of the reason its running so smooth is that I'm running nemus launcher.

hern1989

Dec 19, 2010
Chicago
Tried this out for a while but its not wanting to co-operate very well. It lags down to a grinding halt with out a real understanding as why. Probably switching off of it pretty soon. I had high hopes though.

**Bionix**

+1
i started having that lag after about 2 weeks of using it. i switched kernels and now seems fine.

Sent from my Vibrant

SEALBoy

Oct 26, 2008
How do I access the Voodoo color settings? I downloaded Voodoo control app from the Market but it's not giving me any color settings.

Other than that, this kernel is amazing.

burntrat

Sep 17, 2010
Sigh smartass setting does not work for my phone. Makes me sad..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

I was able to get smartass working on v2.2 when I didn't lower any of the voltages. I had to leave it at -0mV all across the board. -25mV all across gave me the sleep of death when I unplugged the phone from the charger. Honestly, I didn't like smartass because whenever the screen was on, it was on full speed, thus draining battery faster. And it only went down to 400mhz while idle for me anyways.

Reactions: joe98200

krntehknik303

Nov 5, 2010
Aurora
Yeah, but I didn't set any of my voltages. I did notice that it always stayed on full speed so I decided not to use it and just use conservative. It seems to be doing great especially UV -50 and -25 to start off. Also have a screen off setting at max 800mhz and min 400mhz.

burntrat

Sep 17, 2010
Yeah, but I didn't set any of my voltages. I did notice that it always stayed on full speed so I decided not to use it and just use conservative. It seems to be doing great especially UV -50 and -25 to start off. Also have a screen off setting at max 800mhz and min 400mhz.

Well, phones do vary. I don't think I can overclock my phone at all. I found screen off profiles pointless on my phone. Could only use 800mhz as min which is stupid because it'll never go into deep sleep. I also found out I can only get it to deep sleep if is it connected to a charger. Still this is a great kernel. I tried Bali UV it felt too choppy. I got to admit Mr. A makes some good stuff.

krntehknik303

Nov 5, 2010
Aurora
Yeah I tested 800mhz to 400mhz and its not really in deep sleep I don't think. How do I read the cpu readings? I can't over clock my phone at all either. I can undervolt a little bit and yes I do agree I like his better than bali.

burntrat

Sep 17, 2010
Yeah I tested 800mhz to 400mhz and its not really in deep sleep I don't think. How do I read the cpu readings? I can't over clock my phone at all either. I can undervolt a little bit and yes I do agree I like his better than bali.

I use setcpu. Info> Time in state. I go by the pie chart. I like it when it's like 75% 100mhz. But I only get this when I'm charging the phone. I don't know why. If I reboot and forget to plug in, I'll get like 800mhz or 1000mhz as the majority slice of the pie even if I leave it alone for several hours.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

krntehknik303

Nov 5, 2010
Aurora
Oh so than my phone had been great. 100mhz was about 67% all the time, but my main issue for me was when on the charger the phone would lag really bad.. I had my profile set to 1000mhz -100mhz conservative 100% priority hoping it would run fine. But that wasn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, i know what you're thinking, "Another kernel for the Vibrant?" But this is my very first kernel development project so bear with me. This is just a project i've been working on since summer started, just to see if i can do it, learning experience. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it so please no flaming....and as always:
    I (NOR TEAM WHISKEY) WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER FLASHING THIS. PLEASE READ ALL NOTES AND WARNINGS, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, MAKE A NANDROID, HAVE ODIN READY, AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Features: (NEW IN V2.2)
    -FPS cap completely removed (should help with you 3D gamers)
    -More EXT4 patches
    -Removed unnecessary code in patches
    -Some debugging removed (should help with battery life & speed)
    -Went back to stock voltages from v1, but still user configurable (to bring back stability)
    -Now available in Kernel Manager app in the market.
    ------------------------v2.1----------------------------------------
    -Retweaked HZ values, should now be as smooth and responsive as v1 was
    -Added Juwe's RAM optimization script into flash package
    -Added pieces of SpeedMOD
    -Fixed a few bugs in Makefiles
    --------------------------v2-----------------------------------------
    -Voodoo Sound v10
    -New Skull splash screen
    -Compiled with optimized compiler flags (thanks drhonk)
    -Added "Interactive" governor
    -Added "Smartass" governor from DragonMODz (thanks ECOTOX)
    -Screen Off profiles working on 400/100 with and/or without setCPU using Smartass
    -Retweaked voltages table, -25UV across the board
    ----------------------------v1--------------------------------------------
    Voodoo lagfix
    Voodoo sound v9
    Voodoo color
    BLN = Back Light Notifications
    LowMemoryKiller patch
    Modified Kernel HZ value from 260 to 500....for smoothness and responsivness
    TinyRCU
    BFQ I/O scheduler (set to default)
    CFQ removed
    Battery polling values modified (an attempt at saving batt life)
    JHash3 patch
    EXT4 patches
    Modified FPS (Increased, not removed)
    333MB Ram Hack
    User configurable OC/UV
    Safe booting to 1ghz
    Overclockable to 1.2 ghz
    Avatar confirmed working with this and Bionix NextGen V2

certifiedicon.png

Notes:
    1. After flashing this and rebooting, let the phone sit for a few minutes, before doing stuff. It will be alot smoother,
    trust me.

2. This safely boots to 1ghz, but use an app like Voltage Control or setCPU to UV/OC to meet your needs.

3. If using Smartass as the main gov, DO NOT USE A SCREEN OFF PROFILE. After extensive testing, Screen Off profile is NOT needed if using Smartass as main gov (Smartass can handle it, if your phone can handle Smartass)

4. Not all phones can handle the Smartass gov, if this is the case, just switch the the Conservative gov again.

My downloads will be hosted from Google Code now, so i can track number of downloads and issues, so:
    Download Immortality v2.2 here: Download

Kernel Source Now Available here: Source

Wanna donate to my FFC fund for my services? Hit this donate button!!

Credits:
    drhonk - For having patience and answering all the dumbass questions i had
    ttabbal- also For having patience and answering all the dumbass questions i had
    My beautiful fiance - for believing in me, and letting me do this
    ECOTOX - For his sources from DragonMODz
    supercurio - For all his work on Voodoo
    coolbho3k - For SetCPU
    xan - For his Voltage Control app (get the free version in the Market, buy his Extreme Version for more features)
    neldar - for BLN
    Paul McKenney - for TinyRCU
    hardcore - for reference on Ram hack and battery tweaks \ SpeedMOD
    cmenard - for having a baddazz kernel and references in sources
    grendel905 - for having a baddazz kernel and references in sources
    Juwe - RAM optimization script
    s0niqu3 - Kernel version MOD
    Skitz - Torture testing beta versions
    Anyone else i forgot, let me know
    I know you have skills and all but the skull is really unnecessary. I really enjoy the work that so many put into the ROMs. I am an Art Director with over 25 years of experience and some of the themes and splash screens are just awful. I understand you have control and you want everyone to know this is your kernel, but many of us are not 14 year olds and would like a professional look to their phone.

But, I know, you are the boss.

First of all, you're right, i am the boss. This is my kernel, my kernel splash and the skull is necessary to me, i enjoy looking at a badass skull when i turn my phone on. If you dont like it, stop rebooting your phone.

Second, if you want to change the splash yourself, here you go, build it you damn self: http://code.google.com/p/immortality-kernel/source/browse/
    notice there arent any image files in there, because custom splashes arent as easy as you all think, you dont just drag n drop a damn jpeg and hope it builds. Good luck finding where it is, and dont forget to build Voodoo lagfix and CWM recovery into it. Gotta get your own ramdisk. Have fun with the EXT4 patches and configuration Mr. "Art Director with over 25 years of experience"

Third, i'm 21, not 14. Most of us would know the age of the person we're insulting, but most of us isnt an "Art Director with over 25 years of experience" .

Fourth, the splash only last for a few seconds, if you're too much of a [bleep] to handle a skull, then maybe you should try something else less scary.

Last, nobody has to worry about my "horrible" splash screens on xda anymore. I'm sick of people PMing and emailing me about the dumbest stuff like a kernel splash. From now on, i'm done releasing stuff on xda.
    Nice job! Trying it out now

Edit: seems to work flawlessly...very quick and responsive

Project-V vrs1
    Are you going to make a GB kernel because right now there is only one, it is a great kernel but there is only one.
    v2.2 is out, this will most likely be my last froyo kenel release. Note, this version is not pre-UV'ed. Went back to stock voltages from v1. Enjoy