[FASTBOOT][GSM][4.1.2] Rooted Factory Images

Search This thread

chickenfeeder

Jan 10, 2011
I have modified the Yakju Galaxy Nexus factory images by completely wiping my Nexus, restoring using the factory images supplied by Google, rooting them and repacking the images with root intact.

After trying so many ROMs that are available, sometimes I think, especially considering the latest releases from Google, that stock is the way to go. Flashing it using these images is my preferred method, being the cleanest, and I have provided these for your convenience as I haven’t seen them anywhere else only ever seen flashable ROMs (i.e. from Recovery) based on the factory images, etc...

These are:

Factory Images “yakju” for Galaxy Nexus “maguro” (GSM/HSPA+)
  • Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K) with SU binary only
  • Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K) with SU binary and SuperSU app

Download links are here. MD5 and SHA1 sums are listed so you can check the downloads.

You have to use Fastboot to flash these to your device. The only requirement is that your device's bootloader is unlocked, which you can easily do, but be warned that this will wipe your user data as will flashing these factory images.

To Unlock Bootloader (in the terminal):
Code:
fastboot oem unlock

Unzip the factory image and just run the flash-all.sh in a Linux terminal or flash-all.bat in the Windows command line.

rhed

Oct 19, 2012
Cebu
thanks 'mate! I'm gonna try this out in a bit :D last time I was on stock was still 4.1.1, and my current custom ROM is still on that version.

What are actually the differences of 4.1.1 and 4.1.2? Just thought you had any idea.. :cyclops:

chickenfeeder

Jan 10, 2011
In 4.1.2 I've noticed better battery life like others have reported and notifications can now be expanded and shrunk if you hold on them and drag up and down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mach3.2

May 1, 2012
Singapore

MoZuFi93

Nov 6, 2012
Hey, thanks for the links, just want to ask, if I'm already rooted and unlocked my bootloader, if I flash this via fastboot, will it erase my apps/internal memory/photos and such? Quite curious it's just the unlocking the bootloader that deletes all data. Will like inquiries. Thanks!

chickenfeeder

Jan 10, 2011
Hey, thanks for the links, just want to ask, if I'm already rooted and unlocked my bootloader, if I flash this via fastboot, will it erase my apps/internal memory/photos and such? Quite curious it's just the unlocking the bootloader that deletes all data. Will like inquiries. Thanks!

If you just run the script as is, it will wipe everything. The best thing to do is just flash the system.img if you want to retain your data.

"fastboot flash system system.img"

Reactions: madquack

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have modified the Yakju Galaxy Nexus factory images by completely wiping my Nexus, restoring using the factory images supplied by Google, rooting them and repacking the images with root intact.

After trying so many ROMs that are available, sometimes I think, especially considering the latest releases from Google, that stock is the way to go. Flashing it using these images is my preferred method, being the cleanest, and I have provided these for your convenience as I haven’t seen them anywhere else only ever seen flashable ROMs (i.e. from Recovery) based on the factory images, etc...

These are:

Factory Images “yakju” for Galaxy Nexus “maguro” (GSM/HSPA+)
    • Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K) with SU binary only
    • Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K) with SU binary and SuperSU app

Download links are here. MD5 and SHA1 sums are listed so you can check the downloads.

You have to use Fastboot to flash these to your device. The only requirement is that your device's bootloader is unlocked, which you can easily do, but be warned that this will wipe your user data as will flashing these factory images.

To Unlock Bootloader (in the terminal):
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

Unzip the factory image and just run the flash-all.sh in a Linux terminal or flash-all.bat in the Windows command line.
    Now that's more like it:good: People should start using fastboot more often other than toolkits:good:Learn to install drivers on your computer. Thanks for posting :highfive: I just hope people take the time and learn it..

If you just run the script as is, it will wipe everything. The best thing to do is just flash the system.img if you want to retain your data.

"fastboot flash system system.img"