4.2.1 Update NO AUDIO FROM HDMI BUG

Search This thread

droidsg

Dec 2, 2010
So two weeks ago I turn on my TF300T in the morning and saw this 4.2.1 update . Since I was in a hurry to go out, I didn't check if there is any bug.After I saw a post about people having problem with no audio output from HDMI after the update on other site.I decided to try if really there is such problem and guess what, same problem,no audio out for me too.I'm creating this thread so that people with this problem can come together and discuses and see if we can write something to Asus or find a way to solve this problem.

You can see people comments on the comment section on this website and all the bugs they face.

Last edited:

mad_maks

Feb 24, 2013
So two weeks ago I turn on my TF300T in the morning and saw this 4.2.1 update . Since I was in a hurry to go out, I didn't check if there is any bug.After I saw a post about people having problem with no audio output from HDMI after the update on other site.I decided to try if really there is such problem and guess what, same problem,no audio out for me too.I'm creating this thread so that people with this problem can come together and discuses and see if we can write something to Asus or find a way to solve this problem.

Is there any update on this or do i need to go back to the old version?

droidsg

Dec 2, 2010
Is there any update on this or do i need to go back to the old version?

I don't think Asus have release any new update to fix this. Are you rooted? If you are I think the best option is to roll back to the last version. I'm currently on this version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-09-23-11-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-09-23-11-16.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 159

vap_66

Jun 12, 2011
As I mentioned on another thread, some people (me included) have audio via HDMI only if the tablet volume is raised before connecting the cable. It's not a normal thing to do, but at least it works. Did you try it?

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I thought the fix for this was setting media volume to max before plugging in HDMI cable?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

droidsg

Dec 2, 2010
No I haven't tried that. Didn't know that there's a work around for this. I will update you guys once I tried it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

pejfton

Apr 12, 2013
Yesterday i picked up a micro hdmi cable to try video for the first time. I got video but no audio. I am running 4.2.1. I checked this forum only to find these threads. Here is what I found:

No audio on my 26" Sony
Turning the audio up first made no difference
The image goes off screen
When i plugged it into the tv while the tv was set to a different input, audio still played from the TF300T speaker. As soon as i changed the tv input to hdmi, the TF300T audio went silent.

Then I tried it on my old rear projection Sony tv and audio worked.

The TF300T is definitely having trouble on some tv's - newer models???

I guess i'll report it to asus.

Peter

droidsg

Dec 2, 2010
Tried that work around yesterday. It didn't work with my TV. Anyone have any luck with this work around?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

pejfton

Apr 12, 2013
I reported the issue to ASUS specifically askIng if there were aware. They answered. Yes it is a problem, yes they are working on it - code fix is coming April/May.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

droidsg

Dec 2, 2010
I just got the update too.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366757921734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366757921734.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 127

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I reported the issue to ASUS specifically askIng if there were aware. They answered. Yes it is a problem, yes they are working on it - code fix is coming April/May.

I just got a update and it fixes the problems