[FTF] Official Xperia Z1 C6903 Stock Firmware [2013.09.22]

Search This thread

Sean473

Aug 29, 2012
London
In years gone by, Sony Ericsson would have all the extra bits to load on when creating a build for the operator. Certainly the operator didn't do it on its own. I am sure the others, like Motorola with its 'flex' software did much the same.

That would mean, say, Vodafone giving Sony the necessary boot logos, wallpapers, ringtones etc. The operator would then have to approve the update, which could take some considerable time as I'm sure we all remember. Meanwhile those with a SIM-free phone probably had their update months before, or even got updates that operators had stopped bothering with.

In more recent months, or even the last year or so, it seems the priority has actually been on getting operator branded ROMs out before the generic versions - so those who buy SIM-free are quite commonly finding themselves last to get updates. I can see why this makes sense, even if it seems rather illogical as it's the version with the least effort to produce.

Without the likes of Xda and flashtools, I'd probably be way behind on firmware updates as I never buy operator branded models!
That definetly wasn't the case in my time with the S3! I don't mind using the flash tool but I don't want my warranty voided considering I've only had the phone since Saturday!... Lets see... Still waiting...

ianford10

May 22, 2010
Since flashing 534 I don't get notifications for Google. I auto sync is ticked for everything but I am not getting gmail alerts etc unless I manually go sync it again.

I have cleared data and it's still happening.

Sure Google were having major issues yesterday with mail. Whats it been like today as everything is working fine for me.

m3dd0g

Jul 11, 2011
NRW
Today i flashed the official germany .534 update but there are no changes. Unlocked bootloader bug is still there and also boot up hangs as an all previous versions. I dont understand why they put so many updates in two weeks and nothing changes only ram improvements. I really starting to hate this device...

Sean473

Aug 29, 2012
London
Today i flashed the official germany .534 update but there are no changes. Unlocked bootloader bug is still there and also boot up hangs as an all previous versions. I dont understand why they put so many updates in two weeks and nothing changes only ram improvements. I really starting to hate this device...
Well at least they fixed the headphones bug.. I'm quite sure they will release more fixes soon...

uly609

Jan 7, 2013
stockton
I bought my Z1 from clove.co.uk and I'm using it in the U.S. on AT&T. It is the C6903, should I flash the stock unbranded ftf?

ianford10

May 22, 2010

So still no changes with the official firmware, this is turning into a farce on Sony's part.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I bought my Z1 from clove.co.uk and I'm using it in the U.S. on AT&T. It is the C6903, should I flash the stock unbranded ftf?

As it's from Clove it will be running the generic (unbranded) firmware so yes flash the unbranded one, unless you like bloatware :)

bleary

Sep 9, 2006
Sunderland
Since flashing 534 I don't get notifications for Google. I auto sync is ticked for everything but I am not getting gmail alerts etc unless I manually go sync it again.

I have cleared data and it's still happening.

I'm having the same issue! It's so frustrating!

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Just to add to this - I flashed it this morning and alerts are working perfect.

uly609

Jan 7, 2013
stockton
So still no changes with the official firmware, this is turning into a farce on Sony's part.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

As it's from Clove it will be running the generic (unbranded) firmware so yes flash the unbranded one, unless you like bloatware :)

So to keep my data I need to uncheck data, cache, and appslog correct? Do I need to check anything in the exclude section or the content section??

ianford10

May 22, 2010
I downloaded the flashtool for Mac and it sees the device is connected but then it asks me to select the device model, and I don't see the C6903? Which one do I need to select?

You need the device file for the Z1, it's located here in this forum somewhere but can't remember exactly where.

I use parallels on my mac so have the folder but running under Windows 7.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ianford10

May 22, 2010
You need the device file for the Z1, it's located here in this forum somewhere but can't remember exactly where.

Here is the device file for the Z1, drop it into devices in the flashtool folder, not sure if it will work on the mac version though. Like I said I use parallels and use windows 7 for all my flashing.

Attachments

• C69XX.zip
    95.8 KB · Views: 443

uly609

Jan 7, 2013
stockton
Here is the device file for the Z1, drop it into devices in the flashtool folder, not sure if it will work on the mac version though. Like I said I use parallels and use windows 7 for all my flashing.

Ok so I got the firmware file and the device file in the right place, but I can't get the phone into flash mode?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it :) flashing now

Last edited:

ianford10

May 22, 2010
Ok so I got the firmware file and the device file in the right place, but I can't get the phone into flash mode?

Power off your phone, wait 10 seconds, while holding the power down button connect your phone to your mac :)

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

EDIT: Nevermind I got it :) flashing now

Good, happy flashing :)

Reactions: Iain 89

uly609

Jan 7, 2013
stockton
Power off your phone, wait 10 seconds, while holding the power down button connect your phone to your mac :)

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Good, happy flashing :)

got the new firmware on it now :) what improvements does this version bring over .518??

ianford10

May 22, 2010
got the new firmware on it now :) what improvements does this version bring over .518??

m3dd0g says only better memory management but that's about it. All the bugs in 518 are still present with exception of the headphone problem that some have reported.

I have just gone back to 518 with the hope the UK version might get a better update but not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Reactions: uly609

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the latest available Stock Firmwares for the Xperia Z1 C6903 LTE. Flash it with Flashtool. You dont need to root your phone or unlock the bootloader. After flashing you will be able to get all official OTA updates from Sony.

You dont know how to use Flashtool ?
    Simple follow this GUIDE posted by krabapple2548

Download Stock FTF

Stock 14.1.G.1.534 unbranded

Stock 14.1.G.1.531 UK o2

Stock 14.1.G.1.526 HongKong

Stock 14.1.G.1.518 UK unbranded

Please guys share your CDA Numbers in that thread so we can all get quick and fast the latest available updates.

How to share your CDA Number

1. Dial in your phone *#*#7378423#*#* and a secret menu opens
    2. Go to Service Info
    3. Go to Software Info
    4. Make a screenshot (hold Power Button + Volume Down)
    5. Share your picture here

I will collect all available CDA numbers and will post here the latest Firmware updates.

Will flashing the new firmware wipe the phone?

Nope. You can uncheck the option to wipe your device.
    14.1.G.1.531 FTF is online.
    I couldn't find Flashtool for Mac, which is why I was wondering how he had it. Also, I am a noob at doing things like to my device. The post you linked only brought me back here..

Here is the link to the flashtool. You need to open up the .dmg and drag the flashtool icon to your applications folder.
    http://flashtool.net/download.html

and you will need to open the package contents of the flashtool app and add this in there.
    View attachment C69XX.zip
    Unzipped of course.
    once in the package contents drop it in this directory /applications/flashtool/contents/macos/devices

You will also need to put the .ftf file in /applications/flashtool/contents/macos/firmwares