[Kernel][AOSP][2.02 | November 2nd] Plasma kernel

Search This thread
After flashing scripts killjoy in synapse I am getting a message no uci supported.. Help anyone

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Killjoy includes an entropy generator, could conflict with the one included in the kernel maybe. Do you've called entro_on?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Hello, I installed 2.55 pa on my N7100 running paranoid android, but I dont see any plasma icon.

There is no plasma icon, you need synapse from the playstore to configure the kernel.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

ok, I flash the cm11 version right? I see different versions for PA, Slim but not one for liquid smooth,

Also what cpu governor do u use?

CM11 version for liquid!

Reactions: adgj533

kbhuvi

May 2, 2014
Guys
will this kernel work with Vanir-commotio rom
which version should i try
regards

lukers

Apr 26, 2008
Eastbourne
Hi everyone. I just flashed latest version for pa and everyrhing its ok but the colours are washed up. Any suggestions?

yogesh324

Jul 29, 2010
Pune
hi i m usin this kernel with liquid smooth rom i m using cm11 version on n7100
@ffolkes i would like to report few bugs as follows

1. backup restore is not working synapse backs up the data normally but whenever i restore it causes FC

2. something is wrong with kernel i cant pin point it but when ever i run a script using smanager it gives a error that system/bin/sh not found... i encounter such error with this kernel only for some reason it cant recognize #!/system/bin/sh command which is written at the start of every script...

it works randomly like some times it may work some times it doesn't

3. i would like to request that u mount system and root fs as writable by default cause they may be the reason causing this said problems i m not sure

4. 1 last bug is that stweaks is not workin it gives unexpected error msg .. iread previous posts on this but they mention that it was because su causin delay but when i checked in su log su permission is granted but i shows error as follows

res/uci.sh : source: line 9: cant open res/customconfig/customconfig-helper

anyway thanks for such a wonderful kernel

Last edited:

anoneemooz

Aug 17, 2010
San Juan
My notification light goes crazy randomly using plasma cm on liquid smooth 3.2 milestone.

Even with notification light turned off and no changes in synapse concerning the lights..I don't know what exactly triggers it but it happens at random. The light starts flashing between red and pink quickly and continuously and this lasts for a few minutes with intermittent short vibrations every 20-30 seconds while that is going on. Reboot stops it but it then starts up again randomly. No notifications going on too. No apps controlling notification light installed. Even after fresh clean flash of the ROM with gapps and the kernel. Tried several reflashings already but I still get the issue ..

Daemos

Dec 1, 2005
My notification light goes crazy randomly using plasma cm on liquid smooth 3.2 milestone.

Even with notification light turned off and no changes in synapse concerning the lights..I don't know what exactly triggers it but it happens at random. The light starts flashing between red and pink quickly and continuously and this lasts for a few minutes with intermittent short vibrations every 20-30 seconds while that is going on. Reboot stops it but it then starts up again randomly. No notifications going on too. No apps controlling notification light installed. Even after fresh clean flash of the ROM with gapps and the kernel. Tried several reflashings already but I still get the issue ..

Same here with the slimrom version.

szunyi77

Sep 24, 2012
Szeged
Thanks, man! :highfive:

What's the MD5, if I may ask? Want to confirm there's no file corruption during download. :cool:
Hello

First of all, thank you for this kernel @ffolkes developer!

I see that you also use average liquidsmoot the rom :)
I've used Agni kernel, but now I try to plasmakernel_v2-56_n7100_kk_cm11.zip ... I hope it will work well!
This interface, or need something special app .. eg .: Trickstermod ?!
What do you offer? thank you ...

Steaks shows that, whatever I do! :(

1534301051_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Last edited:
Hello

First of all, thank you for this kernel @ffolkes developer!

I see that you also use average liquidsmoot the rom :)
I've used Agni kernel, but now I try to plasmakernel_v2-56_n7100_kk_cm11.zip ... I hope it will work well!
This interface, or need something special app .. eg .: Trickstermod ?!
What do you offer? thank you ...

Steaks shows that, whatever I do! :(

1534301051_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Synapse app

Sent from my bacon!!!!!

Reactions: szunyi77

jusuchin85

Jan 29, 2011
Sydney
www.jusuchyne.com
Reactions: szunyi77

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    plasma.png

I. Thanks!
    Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any damage that might occur to your device. You proceed strictly at your own risk. This is a work in progress.
    Thank you for your interest in Plasma kernel, I hope you enjoy it. I've poured hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work into putting together a kernel that best showcases our hardware. Plasma kernel would not be possible without super-smart people like AndreiLux, DerTeufel, temasek, googyanas, faux123, and the regular contributors to the official cm kernel repositories. Please donate to them to support their hard work!

II. Features
    • CPU frequency range: 100MHz to 2.16GHz
    • ZZMoove, PegasusQ, performance (with support for multiple cores), and LulzactiveQ CPU governors
    • Zen, noop, deadline, row, cfq, sio, vr schedulers
    • Experimental Wolfson AND Voodoo Sound support (choose one or the other on the Audio tab of STweaks, then REBOOT!)
    • CPU voltage control
    • Linux 3.0.101
    • AndreiLux: Screen color calibration with mdnie-control
    • GPU over/underclock and over/undervolt
    • Control the frequency and voltage of all 5 GPU steps
    • Support for GPU clocks from 54MHz to beyond 800MHz
    • Control GPU governor sampling rate
    • Built with 4.8 toolchain
    • Built with -O3 and other optimizations
    • Extra panel brightness (<299)
    • Faux123: Dynamic fsync control (v1.2)
    • AndreiLux: Charging control
    • Support for STweaks
    • Control screen refresh rate (can be reduced to save battery)
    • AndreiLux: Memory/internal voltage control interface
    • AndreiLux: Adaptive Body Bias (ABB) control
    • AndreiLux: Digital brightness control/reduction (better than ScreenFilter)
    • LED control (with some color mixing adjustments by me)
    • Touchwake support, including touchkeys (enable in Screen tab of STweaks)
    • Multi-touch kernel-based gesture engine
    • Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
    • Joe's RCU
    • Temasek: Frandom module (enable on the Memory/Internal tab of STweaks and REBOOT!)
    • S-Pen settings on the S-PEN tab of STweaks
    • zCache
    • Support for 4x parallel "Turbo ZRAM" (settings are on the "I/O / RAM" tab of STweaks)
    • UKSM
    • Enhanced Touchwake/Slide2Wake functionality
    • Arc-swipes to turn your phone on with one hand (Screen tab of STweaks)
    • Long-tap-off to turn your device off with one hand (Screen tab of STweaks)
    • Power off gesture: tap the top of the screen and a touchkey at the same time to trigger suspend
    • Change your power manager (PM) CPU lock frequency
    • Press the home button 4 times to toggle the screen negative
    • Press the home buttom 3 times as fast as you can to toggle the screen into nightmode (red)
    • exFAT support
    • For more, take a look at the commits

III. What's New
    Don't forget to check out what was new in 2.0b7 and 2.0b12!

• [ZRAM Total Disk Size]: By default ZRAM is setup as four (4x) swaps operating in parallel at equal priorities. Set this to the TOTAL amount of RAM you wish to dedicate to ZRAM, and STweaks will automatically divide it evenly by four.
    • [UKSM Enable]: Enable the UKSM daemon that will continuously scan memory for duplicate data.
    • [UKSM Daemon Sampling Rate]: How often the daemon checks for duplicate data.
    • [UKSM CPU Usage Limit]: How much system load (CPU usage) the daemon will use.
    • [Long-tap-off Always On]: Found in its own section under the Touchwake section. When enabled Longtapoff will always work, regardless of how you woke your device. Takes effect immediately.
    • [Many ZZMoove settings]: Many ZZMoove settings on the newly created "ZZMoove Scaling" and "ZZMoove Hotplug" tabs. Descriptions coming soon.

IV. Download / Donate

:) Support the development of Plasma kernel by DONATING if you find it useful! :)

AOSP 4.3.x only!

Plasma kernel v2.02 for the international Note 2 (n7100)

Plasma kernel v2.02 for the international Note 2 4G/LTE (n7105)

Plasma Gesture Pack

:) Support the development of Plasma kernel by DONATING if you find it useful! :)

V. Changelog

v2.02 (November 2nd, 2013)
    • Tracked audio/media skipping bug to disabled loggers (thanks pappschlumpf!) By default logging is now enabled. While you can still disable it, it will always be reset upon reboot.
    • Changes to write-back caching (thanks temasek)
    • Support for switching touchkey backlight driver from ROM/kernel (bottom of Screen tab in STweaks) (thanks Yank555-lu)
    • Some bug fixes for Slide2Wake

VI. Archived Changelogs

2013-10-29 | v2.00 7100 / n7105 LTE
    • Linux 3.0.101 (thanks temasek)
    • Hopeful bugfixes for untouchable screen, and taps on top triggering suspend
    • Should you encounter a problem like that, cycling on and off (power button) should now reset any state variables
    • Fix FC issues. Works with more ROMs, including the latest AOSP nightlies
    • Allow pm_idx_freq to be set as high as 1600 MHz, theoretically could slightly speed up waking from deep sleep. Set on "Plasma Tuneables" tab of STweaks
    • Added several new tuneable ideas to zzmoove
    • Added "ZZMoove Scaling" and "ZZMoove Hotplug" tabs to STweaks. The descriptions are still a work in progress
    • Moved mDNIe controls to their own "Color" tab
    • Greatly enhanced the longpressoff feature's reliability and ease of use (by upgrading to scheduled_work)
    • Slide2Wake and arc swipes now trigger CPU and memory frequency locks to speed up waking
    • Slide2Wake and arc swipes no longer accidentally send input in the milliseconds after the screen comes on, but before you finished your gesture
    • Added option to Screen tab of STweaks to enable Longtapoff always, regardless of how the device woken
    • Expanded the trigger areas for slide2wake and arc swipes
    • ZRAM/swap is working and compatible with "Turbo ZRAM" (4x parallel ZRAM swaps for quad core devices) (thanks googyanas)
    • ZRAM settings in STweaks now allows you to set one total size of RAM that will be divided into 4x ZRAM swaps. Setting to 0 disables all swaps. Changes are applied instantly. No need for any other ZRAM/swap apps or init.d scripts.
    • UKSM (Ultra KSM (Kernel Samepage Merging)) enabled, with settings on the "I/O / RAM" tab of STweaks. Mostly just a novelty, but what it does is continuously checks RAM for duplicate pages to save space
    • zCache enabled and always running
    • Cleancache enabled
    • Frontswap enabled
    • Enabled LOWMEM_CHECK (thanks googyanas)
    • Enabled SPEEDUP_KEYRESUME as discussed in temasek's thread (Placebo effect? Maybe. Better ask Brian Molko. A cookie for you if you understand that reference) (thanks googyanas)
    • Added my own wake-speed ideas (2-second max-CPU-speed lock, and 2-second max-bus/RAM-speed lock on KEY_POWER press)
    • Permanently fixed (hopefully) the laggy, skippy, media bug
    • Toggle negative screen mode by taping the home button 4 times quickly (but NOT as fast as you can) (based on a commit by gokhanmoral)
    • Toggle nightmode (red) screen mode by pressing the home button 3 times VERY quickly (pretty much as fast as you can) This is purposely designed to be a dim red, as searing bright 255 red isn't particularly easy on your eyes in the dark. Fun fact: this (and the negative one described above) are functional even during boot...triple tap to see your bootscreen turn red :p
    • CPUFreq bug fixes/commits (thanks DerTeufel)
    • Permanent TRIM (thanks googyanas)
    • Added shell scripts to quickly and easily see statistics with as little typing as possible. Open a command prompt on your device, type "su" and press enter to ascend to root. Now you can type "szc" and press enter to see zCache statistics (szc = show zcache). Or type "ssw" to see swapfile/zRAM statistics (ssw = show swap). Note: Some statistics don't fully populate until a few minutes after boot
    • Experimental: Set ZZMoove governor for battery savings by obtaining a root shell as described above, then typing "zzb" and pressing enter (zzb = zzmove battery). Does not reapply after reboot.
    • Compiler optimizations

VII. Source
    Source for Plasma kernel can be found on my github.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Plasma kernel, a Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    ffolkes
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.02
    Stable Release Date: 2013-11-02

Created 2013-10-30
    Last Updated 2013-11-02
    I will try to update things more often for you n7100 users. :)

Are n7105 users using the i605 versions without problems?

Plasma v2.05b0 (KitKat) (For n7100 OmniROM / For n7100 PA)
    - Update WiFi drivers to 1.61.58
    - Upstream fix for sensors (and therefore the screen while in-call) not working on recent CM11 builds
    - Latest exFAT drivers from dorimanx as of 12/30
    I recently went back to TW to flash a PRL, and was surprised how fluid and responsive the UI was. I spend so much time worrying about battery life, I thought it might be interesting to concentrate on performance. They have a touchbooster keeping the CPU at 1400 MHz, and all 4 cores online when your finger is on the screen. No wonder the UI is so fluid. I opted out of that months ago because I figured it was just wasteful, but I think there is merit to it after all.

Plasma kernel 2.04b2 - 7100 Jellybean / 7105 Jellybean / 7100 KitKat / 7105 KitKat
    - Possible bugfix for unresponsive touchscreen after wake
    - Dual-stage touchbooster

The 4.4 versions already include the proper Mali drivers.

New options on the Screen tab of STweaks
    Touch Booster
    The touch booster engine is divided into two stages; primary and secondary (relaxed). Primary mode takes effect first and is meant to apply aggressive performance settings, then secondary mode takes over and applies less aggressive settings after the defined delay has been met. Secondary mode will then persist for as long as there is a finger on the screen. Both modes offer adjustable frequency and minimum-core-count locks. Primary mode also sets the memory/internal bus to 440/220 Mhz (max), which is released when secondary mode takes over. The goal of all of this is to get your frequency and/or core count high enough to make interactions fluid. Then while your finger is still down and doing something (scrolling perhaps), you no longer need full power, since by then the governor should have had the opportunity to scale up and handle things from then on. However, just in case that doesn't happen, we want to enforce a floor on freq and/or core count, which is what secondary mode does.
    • [Touch Booster Frequency] - This is the frequency the CPU will be boosted to when a touch is initially detected (primary mode). Goal: Without a booster, by the time the governor samples the system load the user will have noticed lag. So boost to a high frequency as soon as possible. Default: 1000 MHz.
    • [Touch Booster Minimum Cores] - While the touch booster is in primary mode, this many cores will be kept online. 0 (or 1) will disable this setting. Default: 0 cores.
    • [Touch Booster Relax Delay] - After the touch booster has been activated in primary mode, a secondary (aka relaxed) mode will be appled after this delay for as long as a finger is held down. Default: 300 ms.
    • [Touch Booster Relax Frequency] - While in secondary (relaxed) mode, this frequency will be held for as long as there is still a finger on the screen. Goal: The primary booster has already boosted to a high frequency, and by now the governor should be able to accurately take over. However, we dont want to completely stop the touch booster yet because the user is still touching the screen. This feature may be disabled, in which case the boosted frequency will stay as it was set in primary mode (relaxed core count will still work though). Default: 600 MHz.
    • [Touch Booster Minimum Cores While Relaxed] - While the touch booster is in relaxed mode, this many cores will be kept online. When set to 0, cores will remain as they were set in primary mode (i.e. if primary mode brought cores online, leave them on during relaxed mode). When this is set to 1, effectively no extra cores will be brought online and the min limit will be released, as the device always has at least 1 CPU on anyway (i.e. if primary mode brought cores online, turn them off during relaxed mode). Default: 1 core (aka no additional cores).
    • [Touch Booster Duration] - After all fingers are off the screen, the touch booster will remain active (linger) for this much longer. Default: 100 ms.
    I flashed Plasma kernel on my LiquidSmooth 2.37 installation and everything was fine until I did something stupid. I raised the max cpu speed to the maximum available and forgot that I had "Set at Boot" ticked.

My phone bootlooped and I had to reflash Liquidsmooth (with it's own kernel) to get it working again. I want to continue to use Plasma but now every time I flash Plasma the phone bootloops. I've uninstalled STweaks but it seems like the settings are stored somewhere on the phone and when Plasma is installed it wants to use the max cpu speed that is causing the bootloop.

Am I right in thinking that is what is causing the bootloop and how do I remove those old settings?

I made you a flashable zip that will clear the saved STweaks settings (stored in /data/.plasmakernel). :)

Flashable STweaks Reset