[TASKER] Share your best Tasker profiles!

Search This thread

toenail_flicker

Dec 18, 2011
Saw a similar thread for Note II and thought it would be great to see what's going on here. I'm still trying to figure Tasker out but I know its powers are awesome. I learn by seeing and doing. Hope to see some great examples. Thanks!

Reactions: micmars

simoncinis

Jan 10, 2007
u3yty6u7.jpg

ynamanam.jpg

Here are my current tasker profiles.

First two turn data on or off if screen on or off.

Next one lowers cpu and governor with screen off.

Next three adjust cpu and governor based on battery level

Last one jacks up everything while plugged in to a power source.

toenail_flicker

Dec 18, 2011
u3yty6u7.jpg

ynamanam.jpg

Nice. I love BEAST MODE. I'm trying to learn Tasker without much success so far.

I think I put this thread in the wrong place. Apologies.

jadoe05

Jul 29, 2008
Nice. I love BEAST MODE. I'm trying to learn Tasker without much success so far.

I think I put this thread in the wrong place. Apologies.

Well I'm sure there isn't anything wrong with it being here. I know a bit about Tasker, but by no means am I an expert. If you have any specific questions though, I may be able to help out.

genevievedewey

Dec 4, 2013
HAHA

Hello,everybody.I'm new here.And there are always something wrong with my Samsung mobile.I hope we will have a good time here.:laugh:

Reactions: sien1996
My profiles are all time based. almost all based around my workday.

Ex. After 10pm until 8am, I have all sounds and alerts off except for ringer.
During day, I use WIFI and BT, normal sounds
On weekends I only use WIFI, but no BT no GPS and different ringtones.

When on power (AC) I have all on WIFI, BT, GPS and a brighter screen.

and I have a group of tasker profiles for my Pebble smartwatch.

I have an On Call profile that has special alerting triggered that takes priority over other things based on calendar info.

Tasker is what you make it. It's well worth learning to use as you can automate most things.

Reactions: WinterIsComing231

dynamoracing

Oct 2, 2007

I have an On Call profile that has special alerting triggered that takes priority over other things based on calendar info.

Tasker is what you make it. It's well worth learning to use as you can automate most things.

Can you post your Pebble watch profiles/Tasks

toenail_flicker

Dec 18, 2011

Thanks. Great info. I'm really struggling with Tasker but won't give up. Busy with work right now. I'll get back on it when the holidays are over.

Reactions: 2Tone23
I am glad you started this thread. Tasker is not entirely simple to use when setting up complicated functions and my noobness only bought it yesterday so I could use the help along with a few others I am sure.
Thanks for prior info & in advance.

Sent from above.

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Anyone here willing to help me learn tasker. . I just can't seem to figure anything out.
Was trying to do the hi galaxy s voice thing but all the instructions say are create a profile with this

Context -> S-voice is open
Action -> Go Home 0, Open "Voice Search"

But for the life of me I cannot figure this out

Ple as e he lp ;)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

shadow77048

Jan 3, 2011
1) I made a script that puts my phone on silent when it's face down.
2)I have another one that automatically opens google music when I use my headphones.
3) I also have a profile that takes pics when I flick my phone like on the Motorola X

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Sep 20, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Looking to make a TASKER profile

alright since this is kinda a thread that might answer this question, I need some info, so I'll ask if somebody can help me with setting up the following.

I need a profile setup for Tasker that sets my wallpaper based on whether I'm at work or not based off of whether or not there's a WORK event on my calendar and what time that event happens. (I work at a Sprint store and I need to make sure that my wallpaper is more "customer friendly" during my shifts and can go back to what I want it to be when not.)

If anybody can give me some pointers as to how to do this, I'd be your friend for life. Or at least until you can't answer a question, whichever comes first.

Reactions: micmars

shadow77048

Jan 3, 2011
Since someone asked me to share my flick phone to take a picture (like moto x) profile you have to adjust sensitivity to your preference

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388134405508.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388134405508.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 6,136
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388134427262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388134427262.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 5,409

markp1989

Feb 2, 2011
London / Swindon
I have a few pretty simple tasks setup:

Profiles:

Night Mode
Triggers: power AC , time: 23:45 - 7am connected to home wifi
entry task: Night Mode ( SMS Backup, Silent Mode, Lampshade sunset,Auto Brightness Off, Display Level 0)
Description:Backup all new SMS using smsbackup+ perform a "sunset" using the Philips Hue lightbulbs I have in the bedroom and put the screen brightness to extremely dim.
exit task: Night Mode end ( auto brightness and silent mode set to off)

Morning Sunrise
Triggers: Alarm Done, connected to home wifi, time 6am - 11am
entry Task: Sun Rise (lampshade sunrise)
description: when a phone alarm goes off first thing in the morning whilst at home perform a "sunrise" effect with the Philips Hue lightbulbs in the bedroom.

Silent In Lectures
Triggers: calendar entry at my university address.
Entry Task: Silent Mode On
Exit Task: Silent Mode off

planning on adding a few more useful things, but the ones that I have seem quite nice.

Last edited:

dragonfly1113

Apr 7, 2009
Hopatcong
I have a ton of tasker tasks setup mostly having to do with the lights in my house (all with voice commands, ex: turn on christmas lights, turn off kitchen light, etc), but some others are to directly call contacts without waiting for google to confirm who the contact is and so on and so forth, start playing any random netflix video i'd like to watch with voice command, start the sonos sound system in my house with voice command, make my phone ring when i lose it by sending a text containing a certain string of text from any other device/phone, turning my hotspot on automatically when connected to the bluetooth in my car, when disconnecting the bluetooth it auto shuts off the hotspot, switching my notifications on my smartwatch on when a certain string of text is sent to the phone.

On my tablet that i have as my entertainment system in my car i have tasker as well and as soon as it connects to the hotspot from my phone it automatically starts recording my drive with video, than opens google music and starts playing my music, than opens waze. When the wifi connection to my phones hotspot is gone it turns everything off on the tablet and just sends it back to the homescreen.

One task im still trying to get going is the ability to turn on and off the television which i've seen before just cannot seem to find the module i need to do it, since i dont want to use the same i'd use for lamps afraid it will burn out the tv and not work properly.

ioneng

Mar 29, 2005
I just started playing around with tasker yesterday. Coming from Llama, I found that it takes longer to learn tasker but the rewards were so much greater:D. Here are two profiles that might be useful for others too.

The first one is to reject a call from my gf and create a button on the screen so I can call her back on my unlimited plan.

I included a vibration pattern there so I can get some sort of alert going on after the incoming call is rejected. You can of course add a ringtone there as well.

use a phone ring event to trigger following task:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbgjtewdebdnitn/Ring_Back_DM.tsk.xml
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkxxbpjqoc07uiv/Call_Dm.scn.xml

The first file is the task, the second one is the scene that creates the button to call back. You will need to edit that 2nd file to add your own number to call, just look for ###replace### in that file.
To dismiss the button without calling back, just tap and hold it.

Another task I made after I saw somebody mentioned about displaying current address in Dashclock. This one involves google map geocode api and a little javascript.

To conserve battery, this only shows you a rough address. If you need accuracy, you can add a action at the start to turn on GPS for say 30-60 seconds.

Also If you want to use the address somewhere else instead of showing up in Dashclock, just replace the last action with your own. BTW, you need to install Dashclock tasker extension before running this task(if you're keeping the last action).

Use a cell ID variable set event to trigger this task:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15fsvwhecb83utz/Current_Address.tsk.xml

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    u3yty6u7.jpg

ynamanam.jpg

Why not Anti-Theft profile

1. - Gets command via text
    - Gets phone information ( Battery Wifi etc)
    - Turns on GPS / WiFi
    - Takes a picture using front and back camera and syncs it to dropbox
    - Gets location
    - Locks phone with PIN.

Thiefs tend to remove and switch sim cards to theirs once they have their hands on your phone to prevent you from contacting your phone in any way right? This profile might just work against that!

2. - On every boot up of phone , it checks the sim card number in the phone and matches it to yours , if it does not match , it sends an sms to selected contacts/numbers . The message will contain the current sim number . ( that way , you'll get the potential thief's number and his/her sim card number. Therefore you can continue to locate and send commands )

Of course you'll have to make tasker a system app . To prevent them from uninstalling tasker . :good:

Hope this helps .
    My best (and only) tasker profile is one that makes a nandroid each night using the onandroid script
    Sure

Profile named Charging
    State - Power =Any

Task named Charging Status
    Misc - Say
    Text " Sir successfully connected to power batter level is at %BATT percent"

End Task
    Misc - Say
    Text "Sir power has been disconnected, Systems are no longer being charged. Batter level is at % BATT percent"

Hope it helps I find it very useful

co
    3. One for when I plug my device in to power....it voice confirms that it is connected to power and also says aloud the current battery level.
    "Sir, Successfully connected to power - current battery level is at XX% and charging"
    I made this one because I thought I had plugged in my Note 3 one night and in the morning found that I hadn't securely attached the charger at all and no charging took place.

Would you mind sharing with us how you did this one please.

Thank you.
    I just started playing around with tasker yesterday. Coming from Llama, I found that it takes longer to learn tasker but the rewards were so much greater:D. Here are two profiles that might be useful for others too.

The first one is to reject a call from my gf and create a button on the screen so I can call her back on my unlimited plan.

I included a vibration pattern there so I can get some sort of alert going on after the incoming call is rejected. You can of course add a ringtone there as well.

use a phone ring event to trigger following task:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbgjtewdebdnitn/Ring_Back_DM.tsk.xml
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkxxbpjqoc07uiv/Call_Dm.scn.xml

The first file is the task, the second one is the scene that creates the button to call back. You will need to edit that 2nd file to add your own number to call, just look for ###replace### in that file.
    To dismiss the button without calling back, just tap and hold it.

Another task I made after I saw somebody mentioned about displaying current address in Dashclock. This one involves google map geocode api and a little javascript.

To conserve battery, this only shows you a rough address. If you need accuracy, you can add a action at the start to turn on GPS for say 30-60 seconds.

Also If you want to use the address somewhere else instead of showing up in Dashclock, just replace the last action with your own. BTW, you need to install Dashclock tasker extension before running this task(if you're keeping the last action).

Use a cell ID variable set event to trigger this task:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/15fsvwhecb83utz/Current_Address.tsk.xml