Kavana 6.1 update problems with the T-Mobile Dash in the U.S.

Search This thread

cloverg95

Apr 27, 2008
I just bought my dash, first smartphone ever, and I seen the Kavana video on youtube and found this site. I flashed the Rom onto my T-Mobile Brand Dash and it looked great and I love using the side slider bar. But when I tried to text the keys were laid out differently and I'm not savvy enough to fix that myself and I tried searching but I'm not to great at finding the answer by being a brand new member and a new owner of this phone. Also I tried to use the internet and it said I have no conncection and I heard people say just put in my current ip settings that I use on my desktop but I pay t-mobile 20 bucks a month for their unlimited internet that I would like to keep the same and I don't know how to get that back as the primary and default browser and I would really really really appreciate any step by step process in how to get a correct version of Kavana 6.1 that works perfectly with my T-mobile dash with the t-mobile internet settings already installed or set. I flashed the phone back to the t-mobile 6.0 rom so I can still use it but if I can get an answer onhere i Would love that so I can use the sleek layout of kavana.

Thank you very much.

cloverg95

Apr 27, 2008
I found the keyboard thing, I think

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2074399&postcount=1148

After looking around I found this and I haven't tried it but I'm assuming that will fix all of the keyboard problems but the only thing as of right now that I think I might need help in is the whole internet thing. I'm not good at setting ips or anything dealing with it and I just want the standard settings that it came with when i bought it from t-mobile when it comes to the internet.

Thank you.

cloverg95

Apr 27, 2008
when i go to start then accessories theres nothing about connections in this older. if you mean go to start then settings and then connections there a whole bunch of diferent folders. you have com manager, beam, bluetooth, dial up, gprs, proxy, vpn, wifi, sms, usb to pc. where should i go

nanek921

Sep 21, 2007
download v23 of rickys revised kavana rom

if u download and flash v23 of rickys revised kavana rom with opera, u will find the connection setup under accessories. this is also the folder in which you'll find the internet sharing program.

cloverg95

Apr 27, 2008
i keep getting the 270 error when trying to flash using rickys 23v. I used the sda unlock and that worked fine for the kavana 6.1 but it doesn't help on theopera one

Clydeistheshit

Apr 14, 2008
i keep getting the 270 error when trying to flash using rickys 23v. I used the sda unlock and that worked fine for the kavana 6.1 but it doesn't help on theopera one

Try using the SDA Unlock again and then just run the auto included with the ROM it should guide everything through for you. Make sure that you get the almost white screen and you should be good to go

cloverg95

Apr 27, 2008
i ran the sda and succesfully unlocked it again and then ran the auto thing from ricky and got to the white screen and it gets to 3 percent and then says error 270 corrupted

hawkscenter40

Jul 20, 2008
6.1 kavana trouble.

I have just recently bought the t-mobile dash. now this inst my 1st smart fone but my other one wasn't quite as complex as this. and i cant seem to find the download ware for my t-mobile dash for the 6.1 kavana. someone help me please. and i would prefer you e-mail me this information at hawkscenter40@yahoo.com so if you could help me it would be greatly appreciate. and i don't know if this will help at all but i use Firefox. but if you cant find anyway to do it then i will be more then willing to download internet explorer again. thank you so much!

l0lcats

Jul 18, 2008
I have just recently bought the t-mobile dash. now this inst my 1st smart fone but my other one wasn't quite as complex as this. and i cant seem to find the download ware for my t-mobile dash for the 6.1 kavana. someone help me please. and i would prefer you e-mail me this information at hawkscenter40@yahoo.com so if you could help me it would be greatly appreciate. and i don't know if this will help at all but i use Firefox. but if you cant find anyway to do it then i will be more then willing to download internet explorer again. thank you so much!

READ the stickys.....the solutions are in the top 5 threads of the forums

Here here!

rudypooh

Mar 1, 2008
i really this rom update but one of the things that didnt work for me was my voicemail. everytime i tried callin it.. it wud ring a couple times.. that jus end. sometimes it wudnt even ring. it wud jus say call ended.

PS. i have tmo