Hard Brick Prevention and developing UnBrickable SD

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Some general rules:
It is not recommended to flash bootloaders on your device unless necessary. When flashing bootloaders, make sure the model number matches the device you are flashing. Also, always use a new cable without any wiggle room or cable damage.

To get into download mode to use Odin or Heimdall:
Remove and replace battery.
hold Volume Down & Home then press power while continuing to hold power.
You can now use Odin or Heimdall to flash a stock ROM package.

The Fix for Hard Bricks:
In the event that you cannot get to download mode, please contact me. I am developing a boot-from-sdcard fix for bricked Galaxy Cameras based on the methods used in i9300 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34139922. The hardware mod must be located to boot Odin Mode (Loke Daemon) the SDCard. JTAG will not work on Exynos 4412 devices.

I am subscribed to this thread.

trogdan

May 4, 2008
Some general rules:
It is not recommended to flash bootloaders on your device unless necessary. When flashing bootloaders, make sure the model number matches the device you are flashing. Also, always use a new cable without any wiggle room or cable damage.

The Fix for Hard Bricks:
In the event that you cannot get to download mode, please contact me. I am developing a boot-from-sdcard fix for bricked Galaxy Cameras based on the methods used in i9300 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34139922. The hardware mod must be located to boot Odin Mode (Loke Daemon) the SDCard. JTAG will not work on Exynos 4412 devices.

Why will JTAG not work on Exynos 4412? Also, if i wanted to view UART output from the GT-I9300, is all i need a linux box with a cable like this?

--UPDATE: looks like you did a video for the Captivate on your UART jig. Taking a look now for resistor values regarding the GS3, perhaps an oscilloscope would help here?

Last edited:

umfaruki

Sep 24, 2009
Touch screen not responding

hi, i am not sure if its the right place to post or not. i tried to root my camera with galaxy s3's kernel(using sgs3 toolkit) and after flashing the kernel nothing happen but my cameras screen stop responding. i tried to flash default frimware via odin but touch screen isnt working.
any advice please

regards

robb13

Jan 27, 2012
Reynosa
hi, i am not sure if its the right place to post or not. i tried to root my camera with galaxy s3's kernel(using sgs3 toolkit) and after flashing the kernel nothing happen but my cameras screen stop responding. i tried to flash default frimware via odin but touch screen isnt working.
any advice please

regards

Why would you do that when Adam gave us a specific root method for our GCams? You should probably post this in general section. I sure hope someone can help you out. It would be a bummer if you lost your camera :(

Good Luck.

rudie_techie

Jan 21, 2011
Mumbai
I have a bricked GC100. efs screwed up. boot loops. boots in recover, boots in download mode flashes all available stock firmware, doesn't boot normally. tried booting up after flashing, factory settings after flashing. Any hope for this device?

rudie_techie

Jan 21, 2011
Mumbai
Yeah... installed stock recover, didn't work, tried with CWR, didn't work... went through all available post, nothing helped... boot animation shows, samsung logo shows then again boot animation...

rudie_techie

Jan 21, 2011
Mumbai
Finally got it fixed. As GC100 is similar to S3, downloaded efs file for S3 flashed it via odin through bootloader and voila... attaching the file for reference if anyone else gets into trouble! :p

Attachments

• Restore_EFS_GC100.tar.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 52

rudie_techie

Jan 21, 2011
Mumbai
Shouldn't I be awarded king of all screw ups!? Tried to flash a Rom for S3. No problem with few tweaks, didn't work however, flashed stock gc100 now touch screen not working. factory reset with stock recovery, cwm recovery still touch not responding... flashed 3 parts stock rom + efs, flashed 3 part stock without efs, flashed 4 stock roms 1 package, still touch not working...

Shouldn't I be awarded king of all screw ups!? Tried to flash a Rom for S3. No problem with few tweaks, didn't work however, flashed stock gc100 now touch screen not working. factory reset with stock recovery, cwm recovery still touch not responding... flashed 3 parts stock rom + efs, flashed 3 part stock without efs, flashed 4 stock roms 1 package, still touch not working...

It's closer to an s4 than s3 but if you wanted a galaxy cam phone, they already make the s4 zoom.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxycamera/mobile/galaxys4/index.html

rudie_techie

Jan 21, 2011
Mumbai
I don't want a phone and I'm aware of S4 zoom. Its just that I can't sit and do "nothing". Well that's why i keep playing around (and always get into trouble :p) :D Well getting the touch replaced as that's the only way. logcat says -1v for touch which means I've fried the touch digitizer. hahah (Still in warranty, unrooted and resetted the counter with triangle away) :D

Its the same specs as an international S3, but it's got lower screen resolution. Its definately not like an S4 at all.

Definitely wasn't talking about hardware specs just the software.

Either way, it would be better to compile a build using the phone as a base and making the necessary changes than attempting a direct port.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some general rules:

The Fix for Hard Bricks: