[ROM] [Flo/Deb] [4.4.4] TeamEOS - The Revival || Nightlies

Search This thread

teameos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2011
NCyYNWqG

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

RqIoATvt

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

DlVTo45K

Code:
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

EI8kGfKi

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

7gazFqpl

Team EOS Flo Nightly builds

Flo <<< Link >>>
Deb <<< Link >>>

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps <<< Link >>>

SrDvQqArl

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

cQFToAr3

Nexus 7 (2013) aka Flo/Deb comes with a custom kernel, featuring the latest kernel.org mainline patches and designed specially for EOS.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github

XDA:DevDB Information
TeamEOS, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
teameos, RaymanFX
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-20
Last Updated 2014-06-27

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
Awesome that EOS is back, had it on my Xoom for years.

Does the kernel have the kexec patch in place for use with multirom?

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
Glad to see eos again, had it on my dad's Xoom for the longest time, always was super solid with some unique features, gotta try this soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jiffy1080

Apr 14, 2012
I'm on a boat
I'm still rocking an EOS build on my Xoom and it is now running great on my Nexus 7. I have all the OG Tiamat backgrounds in rotation on my Nexus 7 and M7. I missed you guys...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

loopism

Apr 15, 2011
Welcome back :)

Nice to see the EOS name back :good: - loved it on my 2012 Nexus 7, so I'll give it a whirl on the 2013 model

waz675

Jun 9, 2012
Geelong
Installed and running nice, using elemental kernel as it compliments my HTC M8 running elemental kernel, heh heh :p

But the ROM is running nicely! The options seem to be nice, I don't think I saw a "date in status bar" option but I did install this at 1am so went to bed quickly. Morning is crazy here, our kids run crazy for ages *cough*

Sent from my AOSP on Flo using Tapatalk

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
Them newz!

In the next nightly, you'll get full sweep2wake and doubletap2wake support in the kernel thanks to @show-p1984 !
I cherry-picked the corresponding commits into the EOS kernel because I liked those.
Keep in mind they don't drain your battery at all, or at least not more than the kernel did before thanks to the usage of IRQs.

s2w and dt2w are disabled by default not to confuse new EOS users.
However, I put together a nifty little device settings app that will let you toggle those two features easily:
https://github.com/TeamEOS/device_asus_flo/commit/6090f9a064c456b8e24667fd12a587529d856cf2

To access it, head over to Settings->Device->More... and there you are :)

Keep in mind all this will be available in the next nightly build, so stay tuned and watch the status: http://jenkins.teameos.org/

Also, for some reason, haters or 'trolls' seem to have voted this thread 1 star.
Due to the lack of negative criticism in this thread, I think the 'stars' should actually reflect the user's opinion of this ROM.
So if you like EOS on your device, please spend that one second it takes you to vote this thread 5 stars. Thanks!

waz675

Jun 9, 2012
Geelong
Hi, I haven't read the thread to double check, took our kids to the zoo today, 9 hour day, drained. Anyway, found out the hard way that GPS doesn't seem to work at all. The app, sygic showed no satellite coverage bars at all whilst my phone running same app +map showed bars and worked as expected. The app on the n7 was sitting at "waiting for coverage" type error message.

Sorry if this is a known problem, I'll re read this thread tomorrow. Severe chronic pain, 2 crazy active kids and 4 hours driving plus zoo adventure = one tired me, body and mind!

Thanks for putting teameos available again :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TheIronMaiden

Jul 30, 2013
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
For whoever is wondering, the new nightly (6/20) is based off of 4.4.4 , because we all crave the latest and greatest...

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

EOS is one of my favorites btw

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
Wow! It's awesome you guys are back!! I really loved your roms on my good old Moto xoom!
Just a few questions before flashing this awesome rom tonight on my Flo, the link to the gapps from the OP is not showing anything, is there any other gapps package that you recommend? And the last one... Are you going to implement theme engine on your rom?
Thanks a lot for your hard work and for coming back!! ???

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NCyYNWqG

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

RqIoATvt

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)]
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

DlVTo45K

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

EI8kGfKi

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

7gazFqpl

Team EOS Flo Nightly builds

Flo <<< Link >>>
    Deb <<< Link >>>

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps <<< Link >>>

SrDvQqArl

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

cQFToAr3

Nexus 7 (2013) aka Flo/Deb comes with a custom kernel, featuring the latest kernel.org mainline patches and designed specially for EOS.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    TeamEOS, ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    teameos, RaymanFX
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-05-20
    Last Updated 2014-06-27
    Them newz!

In the next nightly, you'll get full sweep2wake and doubletap2wake support in the kernel thanks to @show-p1984 !
    I cherry-picked the corresponding commits into the EOS kernel because I liked those.
    Keep in mind they don't drain your battery at all, or at least not more than the kernel did before thanks to the usage of IRQs.

s2w and dt2w are disabled by default not to confuse new EOS users.
    However, I put together a nifty little device settings app that will let you toggle those two features easily:
    https://github.com/TeamEOS/device_asus_flo/commit/6090f9a064c456b8e24667fd12a587529d856cf2

To access it, head over to Settings->Device->More... and there you are :)

Keep in mind all this will be available in the next nightly build, so stay tuned and watch the status: http://jenkins.teameos.org/

Also, for some reason, haters or 'trolls' seem to have voted this thread 1 star.
    Due to the lack of negative criticism in this thread, I think the 'stars' should actually reflect the user's opinion of this ROM.
    So if you like EOS on your device, please spend that one second it takes you to vote this thread 5 stars. Thanks!
    first one is mine!

Test and feedback please :)
    Rock stable for weeks now and I can't get mine to crash or anything, all the recent kernel updates I applied also seem to play nicely.
    Important updates for the next nightlies:

1) Multiboot kexec-hardboot patch as requested by @matt4321
    2) Linux 3.4.91

https://github.com/TeamEOS/kernel_asus_flo/commits/kk4.4
    Awesome that EOS is back, had it on my Xoom for years.

Does the kernel have the kexec patch in place for use with multirom?

Argh, shame on me for forgetting about that one!
    I'll intergate is as soon as possible.
    If you're feeling generous, you can always submit the patchset at review.teameos.org though :)