Help needed: Blank screen. Can't get into recovery or start phone X9077

Search This thread

munecito

Aug 7, 2013
Hello.

I have an X9077 and was trying to flash the latest stable ROM coming back from Beta2.

I tried a few times with no luck and then I read that someone had had more luch by flashing 1.2 first and then the latest ROM.

I tried with that ROM and it caused a split screen image and when I tried again it just caused a blank screen. So no OPPO logo or noting but the backlight is on and the soft keys glow a bit.

If I try to enter recovery I have the same thing happening.

The computer sees the phone and the sd card and I can access it in fastbook mode but don't get any visuals in the screen to reload the beta2 Rom.

Please help. All I wanted was to get the GAPPS and to be able to make and receive calls without chinese characters popping out everywhere.

I downloaded the stock recovery from:

oppoforums . com / threads / stock-recovery-for-find-7-7a.17397 /

and then did a

fastboot erase cache

Which worked fine and then I did a

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Which worked but still can't access the recovery part. I get a blank black screen with glowing buttons underneath.

Everything went south before when I installed X9006_12_OTA_INT_001_all_svn5596_wipe.zip which I now know was not for my phone.

:(

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Hello.

I have an X9077 and was trying to flash the latest stable ROM coming back from Beta2.

I tried a few times with no luck and then I read that someone had had more luch by flashing 1.2 first and then the latest ROM.

I tried with that ROM and it caused a split screen image and when I tried again it just caused a blank screen. So no OPPO logo or noting but the backlight is on and the soft keys glow a bit.

The computer sees the phone and the sd card and I can access it in fastbook mode but don't get any visuals in the screen to reload the beta2 Rom.

Please help. All I wanted was to get the GAPPS and to be able to make and receive calls without chinese characters popping out everywhere.

and then did a

fastboot erase cache

Which worked but still can't access the recovery part. I get a blank black screen with glowing buttons underneath.

Everything went south before when I installed X9006_12_OTA_INT_001_all_svn5596_wipe.zip which I now know was not for my phone.

Hi, since you're also here, the link:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7-x9077-soft-bricked.16918/

Good luck.:fingers-crossed:

Reactions: munecito

munecito

Aug 7, 2013
Coldbird and Suyi are legends!!! I have rescued my phone back from the darkness thanks to your amazing work.

The only thing is that there is an unnecessary line there which is 521. The syntax in it is wrong but it doesn't harm the procedure, but it can be a bit unnerving.

I did not use the ROM that they used but the latest stable 1.2.1

Instructions are here:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7-x9077-soft-bricked.16918/page-2#post-218544

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Coldbird and Suyi are legends!!! I have rescued my phone back from the darkness thanks to your amazing work.

The only thing is that there is an unnecessary line there which is 521. The syntax in it is wrong but it doesn't harm the procedure, but it can be a bit unnerving.

I did not use the ROM that they used but the latest stable 1.2.1

Instructions are here:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7-x9077-soft-bricked.16918/page-2#post-218544

Well done. Oppo should at least have set the numbers of the models further apart e.g. 9008 for find 7 & 9007 for 7a. It seems 7 is feng shui for them. Launch date for find 7 in Malaysia is 7.7.14. 7+7=14.

Oppo. Symmetry. Should be opqo. :p

Nov 22, 2015
My phone's model number is X9076. I am facing this same issue. The only difference is that my phone is not even rooted. Whenever I try installing TWRP on my phone the screen goes black. When I try pressing the hardware buttons, it gives a haptic feedback but doesn't show anything on the screen. Because of that I am not able to root my device and also can't install any custom ROMs. Also my phone is in stock condition and I haven't done anything to it before. How can I fix this (please don't provide me with any links, please explain me the procedure so it becomes easy for me :))

Last edited:

knusto

Aug 12, 2013
Natal
www.facebook.com
My phone's model number is X9076. I am facing this same issue. The only difference is that my phone is not even rooted. Whenever I try installing TWRP on my phone the screen goes black. When I try pressing the hardware buttons, it gives a haptic feedback but doesn't show anything on the screen. Because of that I am not able to root my device and also can't install any custom ROMs. Also my phone is in stock condition and I haven't done anything to it before. How can I fix this (please don't provide me with any links, please explain me the procedure so it becomes easy for me :))

https://xdaforums.com/find-7/help/how-to-debrick-unbricka-oppo-7-7a-t3717802/page1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.

and then did a

fastboot erase cache

Hi, since you're also here, the link:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7-x9077-soft-bricked.16918/

Good luck.:fingers-crossed: