[Q] Hard-Bricked, no boot. Failed during flash

Search This thread

gtgeek

Mar 29, 2013
OK,

I was trying to flash a new ROM and had some issues where it would continously reboot so, after some reading it seemed like I needed a new version of TWRP, so I updated it. That didn't help.

I decided to reflash the stock rom on the device but after doing that, it wouldn't boot past the ASUS boot screen. So I tried again (via fastboot), same result. So I tried again and this time fastboot crashed in the middle of the load and now the tablet won't boot or anything.

It seems like the tablet still has power because windows makes a funky sound when you plug it in.

I saw this post but pressing the tiny button with a paperclip doesn't do anything.

Edit:
Windows can tell I plugged something in but says there is an error and doesn't recognize it anymore. Therefore, I don't have adb or fastboot access.

Edit: I installed the naked drivers and got it to recognize the device as an apx. I then pointed it to the normal driver and is recognizes it as an adb device but I can't connect via adb.

Edit: Nevermind, it came unplugged and when I plugged it in again windows didn't recognize it.

Where in the crap do I go from here?

Last edited:

snir2

Aug 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
OK,

I was trying to flash a new ROM and had some issues where it would continously reboot so, after some reading it seemed like I needed a new version of TWRP, so I updated it. That didn't help.

I decided to reflash the stock rom on the device but after doing that, it wouldn't boot past the ASUS boot screen. So I tried again (via fastboot), same result. So I tried again and this time fastboot crashed in the middle of the load and now the tablet won't boot or anything.

It seems like the tablet still has power because windows makes a funky sound when you plug it in.

I saw this post but pressing the tiny button with a paperclip doesn't do anything.

Edit:
Windows can tell I plugged something in but says there is an error and doesn't recognize it anymore. Therefore, I don't have adb or fastboot access.

Edit: I installed the naked drivers and got it to recognize the device as an apx. I then pointed it to the normal driver and is recognizes it as an adb device but I can't connect via adb.

Edit: Nevermind, it came unplugged and when I plugged it in again windows didn't recognize it.

+1

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
OK,

Edit:

So will the tablet not boot into the bootloader ?

Thx Josh

gtgeek

Mar 29, 2013
So will the tablet not boot into the bootloader ?

Thx Josh

Nothing, just the black screen.
I only know something is going on when I connect it to a pc I can here it connect/disconnect when I hold the power button or press the reset button. Also checked the hdmi output on another screen to make sure that wasn't the problem....it wasn't.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Nothing, just the black screen.
I only know something is going on when I connect it to a pc I can here it connect/disconnect when I hold the power button or press the reset button. Also checked the hdmi output on another screen to make sure that wasn't the problem....it wasn't.

I see.... :(

If you dont have your nvflash blobs, its a brick ...

Sorry for the bad news ....

Thx Josh

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
That was the conclusion I was coming to.

Now, for a nerdier question. If I had physical access to the processor, could I program it directly using it's programming ports?

Nope there is just no way...

The chip is locked down ... :crying:

There is lots of info out there but its just info ...

No one to date has come back from where you are ....

Thx Josh

Last edited: