Mobile Defense

Search This thread

rogershroed1991

Sep 25, 2008
Has anyone heard of this - https://www.mobiledefense.com/ ? It's so if your phone is lost/stolen you can get on the computer and see where it is. You can also do other things like lock it remotely. However it doesn't seem like you can activate the GPS remotely, so it's not that useful because you'd have to keep GPS turned on all the time, which drains the battery too much. Has anyone used this, is there a way to activate GPS remotely that I'm missing? Or is there another app that can activate it remotely?

Reeves360

Aug 19, 2008
I've been using this app for over a year. It works great and you can activate the GPS remotely. It does this by sending a txt message to the phone that allows you to control the program on the phone via the web interface.

SolemnWishing

Feb 26, 2009
Oregon
Correction, GPS is not always active, it only becomes active once the application is activated, meaning you are not emitting a GPS signal at all times, only when you start to track it does it do that so it does not take up battery.

So far, you can make Mobile Defense a system application by moving it into the system memory as a system application. This will prevent uninstall and, if not already the feature to remotely activate the GPS after its been disabled.

mautai916

Oct 7, 2009
I had Mobile Defense, then i switched to Wave Secure. MUCH better. Its still there even tho you wipe the phone, and backs up your contacts, messages, and pictures, all ONLINE for free. Can't beat that!

R

r3s-rt

I had Mobile Defense, then i switched to Wave Secure. MUCH better. Its still there even tho you wipe the phone, and backs up your contacts, messages, and pictures, all ONLINE for free. Can't beat that!

I'll look into this. I'm die hard mobile defense, but i wipe so damn much i don't have it half the time.

Reeves360

Aug 19, 2008
Mobile Defense vs Wave Secure

I can't seem to find a way to get WaveSecure to kick on my GPS. Device tracking is pretty much useless and hasn't been able to lock onto my location all day.

Although it is super sweet for backing up almost everything on your Android phone. Which is something I don't believe MobileDefense does.

I still like MobileDefense for tracking my phone because it has the ability to turn on GPS remotely via a SMS. Don't forget you can active a car alarm sound remotely as well.

I can't wait to get a Dell Mini 5 and hope one of these companies add anti-theft device lock with auto snap shots with E-Mail back up!