[THEME l MOD] Transparent widget skins. Pandora, Weather Channel, Facebook + Requests

Search This thread

xxproblemzxx

Dec 13, 2009
Also I know someone was asking for ESPN Scorecenter so here it is.

snap20101006_010525.png

I also got rid of the ESPN logo because it looked bad.

That was me :D. Thanks soo much

Sent from my CM6 Sprint Hero. Got a problem with it?!

ilangoadigal

Jun 21, 2010
Would someone like to test out this transparent Youtube app to see if it works?

Attachments

• signedYouTube-tp.apk
    511.2 KB · Views: 368

miketwn

Aug 25, 2010
Taipei
@ilangoadigal bro when i reboot my phone the weather widget becomes blank/disappears (but it is there as when you press on it you can move it to trash). Is this normal? I have to trash that and then add it again on each reboot of the phone. Im using samsung galaxy s btw

EDIT: im using launcher pro plus on sgs

Last edited:

Cucoo

Sep 30, 2010
@ilangoadigal bro when i reboot my phone the weather widget becomes blank/disappears (but it is there as when you press on it you can move it to trash). Is this normal? I have to trash that and then add it again on each reboot of the phone. Im using samsung galaxy s btw
Also on SGS, not happening to me.

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
What are the chances of a facebook widget? That might be pretty sweet.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo on Hero action here!

ewingr

Dec 1, 2007
What is "Day Up Gtasks"?

I looked on Appbrain, Google, and don't find anything. I have Gtasks installed, and am very unimpressed with it on the phone, and actually not too impressed with it on the PC.

The main concern on the phone is that it won't indent there like it will on the PC.

I'm tempted do download what you have here and check it out.

[EDIT]
I take one thing back. I just went into my phone, and now they are indented. Must have taken a few synchs to get it right.

ilangoadigal

Jun 21, 2010
What are the chances of a facebook widget? That might be pretty sweet.

I will, but I would like someone to test out that Youtube app to see if it works; if it works then I can do the same with the Facebook app, since they're both the same method.

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
I will, but I would like someone to test out that Youtube app to see if it works; if it works then I can do the same with the Facebook app, since they're both the same method.

No problem, I'll dl it, and let you know.

EDIT: Success! I had a little issue getting it to install. After I deleted the original youtube.apk from the /system/app folder I couldn't install the new one until I rebooted. Other than that, it's working like a charm. :-D

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
how do i apply these sweet skins? htc hero cdma cynagen mod 6:confused:

They're not skins, they are the full app. :)
1. Dl apk of choice.
2. If you already have the app on your phone, uninstall and delete the original apk. If they are a system app, i.e. youtube, you will find them in /system/app folder. Just delete the apk, reboot and proceed. If you got it from the market, then a simple uninstall will work, with no reboot.
3. Find where you dl'd the new apk to and click it. The auto install should pop up and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.

If you have any questions, I'll help as much as I can. :)

gfnguyen

Feb 26, 2009
First post to XDA!

Wow you guys do such great work...I have been searching endlessly for transparent widgets ever since I got my EVO and then I stumbled onto this thread. Any chance you guys could do a Engadget transparent widget? I found one that uses Metamorph but I'm not too confident about pulling it off :eek:

ilangoadigal

Jun 21, 2010
Here's a facebook APK that someone can test out. Let me know if it installs/works.

Currently working on MixZing.

Attachments

• signedcom.facebook.katana-transparent.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 123

ilangoadigal

Jun 21, 2010
Here's engadget that someone requested.

Attachments

• signedcom.aol.mobile.engadget-tp.apk
    370.4 KB · Views: 2,388

Top Liked Posts