[Q] Nandroid backup freezes or crashes

Search This thread

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
I rooted my phone and installed ClockworkMod recovery 5.0.2.0, and partitioned my sd card as 4EXT with 1.5gigs. When i try to backup my phone either freezes or crashes

bortak

Sep 28, 2010
London
I rooted my phone and installed ClockworkMod recovery 5.0.2.0, and partitioned my sd card as 4EXT with 1.5gigs. When i try to backup my phone either freezes or crashes

1. The EXT partition is far too big. No more than 1024mb
2. Flash a different recovery. 2.5.0.7 is a good option.

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
1. The EXT partition is far too big. No more than 1024mb
2. Flash a different recovery. 2.5.0.7 is a good option.
I tried both of those and when i flashed the recovery you told me and it crashed again and now my sd is mounted as ReadOnly
It isn't ReadOnly anymore but it still crashes every time i try backup with NANDROID

Last edited:

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
I partitioned with gpart and it still doesn't work

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
Possibly, OP what did you use to partition it? If you used anything other than gparted, then do it again.
I think I might have installed the wrong RUU because a while back my phone was messed up so I ran an RUU. Do you think this is affecting the crashing of the backup ?
EDIT: nevermind i formated my system and my nandroid works perfectly

Last edited:

bortak

Sep 28, 2010
London
I think I might have installed the wrong RUU because a while back my phone was messed up so I ran an RUU. Do you think this is affecting the crashing of the backup ?

if it worked, then no.

But just out of curiosity, why don't you 1) make a goldcard 2) flash the 2.2 WWE RUU 3) S-OFF again 4) fastboot erase recovery 5) fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

bortak

Sep 28, 2010
London
hmm okay..

backup your sd-card to your PC

Then my computer, right click sdcard, format and UNTICK "quick format".

Wait til it's done, then try again.

Last edited:

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
hmm okay..

backup your sd-card to your PC

Then my computer, right click sdcard, format and UNTICK "quick format".

Wait til it's done, then try again.
It crashes when i use 4EXT and ClockWork recovery, after the format it still crashes on the 4EXT and now only freezes on the ClockWork

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
This is really strange.

How did you flash recovery?

I tried all your methods on your Troubleshoot Guide except for the PVT4 because I don't know what type mine is, on the bootloading screen it just hast EVT and the Ra recovery doesn't work for me it just stays on the HTC bootloading screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts