Fully Arabized HTC Hero Completed (Thanks Ayman)

Search This thread

n646464

May 7, 2007
Dubai
Hello All,

It looks like Ayman at Ce4arabs.com and owner of http://code.google.com/p/arabicandroid/ has did it i have finally with me a fully arabized Hero. The OS is in English put Arabic is supported everywhere, I have checked the following software and i can confirm it works in:

• Native SMS Client
  • Facebook app
  • web Browser

Warning:
Please do a nandroid backup before you attempt anything.
Nobody is responsible if you brick or damage your phone

Please contribute to this cause and approach Ayman for contribution/credits/thanks I am only a messenger.

Ok this is how it is accomplished.

1. Wipe Phone and Flash CKdroid 1.5 ROM (Kagu should also work but not tested maybe some one can confirm)
  2. After Flashing the ROM proceed to the download page in Ayman Project ( http://code.google.com/p/arabicandroid/ ) and click downloads.
  3. Download " update_ar2_n1_corrSkia.zip " and flash it

You guys can also use morelocale 2 (in the market to change the region to Arabic) and anysfotkeyboard to type Arabic.

That’s it. I will be happy to help if you guys need it Please provide feedback to help other members & Ayman out.

Last edited:

HishamN

Feb 10, 2009
Yes it's great work from Ayman, we need to support from xda-developers dev to add this Arabize to their ROMs like Mr. Adwin.

Regards

ioluas

Dec 2, 2006
London
Just to confirm, I'm run KaguDroid and I've used libwebcore for the browser for a few days and installed the full pack 5 minutes after I got his tweet and it works flawlessly.

In fact, this is the only reason I upgraded to KaguDroid. It didn't work for me on 1.5.

Many thanks to Ayman Alsanad for his great work. I'll be sure to drop him a donation, it's well earned :)

MaXo64

Aug 26, 2009
Awesome!!
I tried extracting the libraries from his previous ROM and put it in Espresso/Hybrid and signed it .. didn't work !!
I think SenseUI (even Espresso's SenseUI) needs HTC modified libraries !!

Anyway, I'll try making a SenseUI ROM with these libraries.. or with Launcher2 ;)
but let me finish finals first :S

the guitarist

Sep 6, 2008
Awesome!!
I tried extracting the libraries from his previous ROM and put it in Espresso/Hybrid and signed it .. didn't work !!
I think SenseUI (even Espresso's SenseUI) needs HTC modified libraries !!

Anyway, I'll try making a SenseUI ROM with these libraries.. or with Launcher2 ;)
but let me finish finals first :S

MAXO :p .. glad to see you here .. i really hate the fact that we can only use the arabizer with vanilla android .. i mean honestly .. SENSE UI rocks .. it's a candy to the eye + can't live with out the people and the messages widgets .. anyway, hopefully they can find a way to apply the arabizer to modaco .. atleast then we'll have a stable , sense UI rom to use

awsy44

Jan 30, 2008
Auckland
MAXO :p .. glad to see you here .. i really hate the fact that we can only use the arabizer with vanilla android .. i mean honestly .. SENSE UI rocks .. it's a candy to the eye + can't live with out the people and the messages widgets .. anyway, hopefully they can find a way to apply the arabizer to modaco .. atleast then we'll have a stable , sense UI rom to use

I'm going to give the New ROM VILLAIN a try and see if the arabizer works on it, that should fix the problem since its sense UI with 2.1!

HishamN

Feb 10, 2009
I'm going to give the New ROM VILLAIN a try and see if the arabizer works on it, that should fix the problem since its sense UI with 2.1!

I tried it with all 2.1 ROMs with HTC sense with no succeed :(

I can confirm that SMS Arabize work on these ROMs but any Internet apps (web browser, Steal, Market and GMail) FC!

I can live with Arabize SMS only, but I could not solve the libwebcore.so?!

Hope some devs help us with that.

Regards

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Yesssssssssssssssss
guys post a screenshot if the arabic font displaying on your phone please

Last edited:

Ahmadmz3

Aug 21, 2009
Dammam
Many thanks to Ayman for his heroic work , I would like to try it , but I really love sense UI and I don't want to give it up .

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Are there anymore updates coming or is this final? Arabic texts are not fully connected but better than nothing

n646464

May 7, 2007
Dubai
HTC Sense UI with arabic support

OK quick update,

I have started a small project to enable Arabic on sense UI. Yes that means that you can use madaco ROMs also as well as original ROMs. Cool huh. So far i am collecting source and editing them going well but slow.

I am also changing the HTC keyboard to type Arabic (this can take a While).

I did also notice some problems we reading Arabic with English numbers and that the Arabic text is always left aligned (actually i believe that this is the problem) so i will have a look on this also.

I hope can post back soon.
:)

HishamN

Feb 10, 2009
OK quick update,

I have started a small project to enable Arabic on sense UI. Yes that means that you can use madaco ROMs also as well as original ROMs. Cool huh. So far i am collecting source and editing them going well but slow.

I did also notice some problems we reading Arabic with English numbers and that the Arabic text is always left aligned (actually i believe that this is the problem) so i will have a look on this also.

You work is appreciated.

I can't wait for beta.

MaXo64

Aug 26, 2009
OK quick update,

I'm working on that too.. if you want, we can collaborate :)
anyway, yesterday I added Ayman's libraries with "Villain 1.1" and signed it..
it booted, and it reads Arabic fine .. but the Browser, and Market FC !!
I guess HTC modified the LibWebCore, not just the Browser..
I tweeted Lox today asking if HTC released their libraries source code so I can compile the "HTC version" of LibWebcore (redo Ayman's work) .. but he didn't respond yet :(

anyway, since it's Final exams period, I'll focus on them first..
after that I'll try to solve the browser and Market issue :rolleyes:

HishamN

Feb 10, 2009
I'm working on that too.. if you want, we can collaborate :)
anyway, yesterday I added Ayman's libraries with "Villain 1.1" and signed it..
it booted, and it reads Arabic fine .. but the Browser, and Market FC !!
I guess HTC modified the LibWebCore, not just the Browser..
I tweeted Lox today asking if HTC released their libraries source code so I can compile the "HTC version" of LibWebcore (redo Ayman's work) .. but he didn't respond yet :(

anyway, since it's Final exams period, I'll focus on them first..
after that I'll try to solve the browser and Market issue :rolleyes:

Do you know what is must weird thing, it's if you upload all Ayman libs to ROM with HTC sense the phone is work but as you faced any web apps FC and if you pushed libwebcore.so from original ROM and leave libskiagl.so and libskia.so the phone will not start at all! it will hang at Hero logo!

So I don't know if these libs are connected together somehow or not?!

I did a lot of research and I couldn't find an answer.

Can we share our experience on this problem?

Regards

HishamN

Feb 10, 2009
One more thing, try the Arabizer with any 2.1 ROM like Vanilla and Hikara because I found 1.5 ROM doesn't have libskia.so and 2.1 ROM does.

Regards

MaXo64

Aug 26, 2009
Do you know what is must weird thing, it's if you upload all Ayman libs to ROM with HTC sense the phone is work but as you faced any web apps FC and if you pushed libwebcore.so from original ROM and leave libskiagl.so and libskia.so the phone will not start at all! it will hang at Hero logo!

So I don't know if these libs are connected together somehow or not?!

I did a lot of research and I couldn't find an answer.

Can we share our experience on this problem?

Regards

I'm with you on this !!
we want an open knowledge and communication, not like other Arabic projects :(

I'll post any information I found regarding this ROM. and I hope all here will do the same.
and all my future ROMs and work will be Open Source and free (GPL). and if we collaborate on a ROM we must publish it as "XDA arabic community" or something like that :rolleyes:

anyway, for now I have to finish some projects to start studying for Finals.
so see ya in two weeks :D .. wish me luck :rolleyes:

HishamN

Feb 10, 2009
OK I'll start:

Android 1.5 with HTC Sense (Modaco 3.1):

with libwebcore.so:

- Phone hang at Hero logo and it wouldn't boot at all.

with libskia.so:

- Nothing happen, because libskia.so is not included in Android 1.5

Android 2.1 with HTC Sense (Hik@ria 9.5):

with libwebcore.so:

with libskia.so:

with libwebcore.so and libskia.so:

- Phone boot with no problem, Messaging read Arabic very well BUT any web apps like Browser, Market and Gmail FC!

-----

I googled several times to find any HTC Sense source code or it's structure but no luck :(.

So in my opinion we have to choose one of following Ways:

Way one:

- To find HTC sense source code to know why compiled libs not working.

Way two:

- Try to solve the FC apps.

Thanks

by the way MaXo64. good luck with your finals. :)

Regards

awsy44

Jan 30, 2008
Auckland
OK I'll start:

Android 1.5 with HTC Sense (Modaco 3.1):

with libwebcore.so:

with libskia.so:

- Nothing happen, because libskia.so is not included in Android 1.5

Android 2.1 with HTC Sense (Hik@ria 9.5):

with libwebcore.so:

with libskia.so:

with libwebcore.so and libskia.so:

- Phone boot with no problem, Messaging read Arabic very well BUT any web apps like Browser, Market and Gmail FC!

-----

I googled several times to find any HTC Sense source code or it's structure but no luck :(.

So in my opinion we have to choose one of following Ways:

Way one:

- To find HTC sense source code to know why compiled libs not working.

Way two:

- Try to solve the FC apps.

Thanks

by the way MaXo64. good luck with your finals. :)

Regards

Excellent work HishamN, your work saved us alot of flashing :D , I think trying to sort out the FC's should be much easier than actually trying to fix or modify the htc coding.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

It looks like Ayman at Ce4arabs.com and owner of http://code.google.com/p/arabicandroid/ has did it i have finally with me a fully arabized Hero. The OS is in English put Arabic is supported everywhere, I have checked the following software and i can confirm it works in:

• Native SMS Client
    • Facebook app
    • web Browser

Warning:
    Please do a nandroid backup before you attempt anything.
    Nobody is responsible if you brick or damage your phone

Please contribute to this cause and approach Ayman for contribution/credits/thanks I am only a messenger.

Ok this is how it is accomplished.

1. Wipe Phone and Flash CKdroid 1.5 ROM (Kagu should also work but not tested maybe some one can confirm)
    2. After Flashing the ROM proceed to the download page in Ayman Project ( http://code.google.com/p/arabicandroid/ ) and click downloads.
    3. Download " update_ar2_n1_corrSkia.zip " and flash it

You guys can also use morelocale 2 (in the market to change the region to Arabic) and anysfotkeyboard to type Arabic.

That’s it. I will be happy to help if you guys need it Please provide feedback to help other members & Ayman out.