Don't know how serious "brick" it was on your definition but let say on scale of 10, yr NC is bricked level 9
. Still, no need to panic
1. Get the uSD card (2GB is enough)
2. make it flashable with CwM Recovery (ClockworkMod Recovery) either v126.96.36.199 or v188.8.131.52
3. hunt for "re-partition/re-format" thread, read through. I'll update the link if I find it, can't remember where on top of my head now.
4. perform the repartition/reformat back to original v1.2 NOOK
5. hunt for "restore to NOOK for v1.2". Again, I'll update the link later
6. flash it
7. keep all your fingers crossed
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM10.2 Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST
Stock ROM 4.2.2 on LG-D800