[Q] Music through samsung headphones have no vocals?

Search This thread

unnefer

Aug 19, 2010
Hi,

As per the title, when I play music on my SGN3 through my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones, the vocals are missing?

It almost sounds like some sort of karaoke software is intentionally trying to remove vocals from music during playback lol. Or that the headphone output is set to surround sound and I am only hearing the L and R channels and missing the center vocal channel.

The only sound output option that I can find and change is the HDMI output, which can be set to stereo or surround - however both have no effect at fixing the vocals in music playback through my Samsung earbud headphones.

Music playback is fine when I use other headphones and earbuds.

Is there some hidden sound output option where I can set headphone output to stereo? Or is there a compatibility problem with SGS4 earbug heaphones when used with a SGN3?

All help welcomed :)

HanZie82

Hi,

As per the title, when I play music on my SGN3 through my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones, the vocals are missing?

It almost sounds like some sort of karaoke software is intentionally trying to remove vocals from music during playback lol. Or that the headphone output is set to surround sound and I am only hearing the L and R channels and missing the center vocal channel.

The only sound output option that I can find and change is the HDMI output, which can be set to stereo or surround - however both have no effect at fixing the vocals in music playback through my Samsung earbud headphones.

Is there some hidden sound output option where I can set headphone output to stereo? Or is there a compatibility problem with SGS4 earbug heaphones when used with a SGN3?

Turn off karaoke setting in your audioplayer.

unnefer

Aug 19, 2010
Turn off karaoke setting in your audioplayer.
I'm not sure if you are serious or being sarcastic :confused:

All music that is played on ANY music player on my Samsung galaxy Note 3 using my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones does this.

I have not enabled any karaoke setting, and I have not even installed any karaoke app. This just happens no matter what music I listen to and regardless of the player used on the phone.

Like I said in the OP, it seems like the SGN3 is stuck in surround sound mode when the SGS4 earbud headphones are connected instead of playing in stereo - or the vocal track is being removed during playback by the SGN3.

Maybe there is a hidden setting that can lock the headphone output to stereo?

unnefer

Aug 19, 2010
Do you have a case on your phone?
It's in a leather wallet.

try fiddling with the headphone plug in the socket,very slightly pulling it out while listening to music.
I tired pulling it out but it doesn't change it.

It is weird, because this problem is not there with other headphones - just the Samsung ones?

iphone earbud headphones, panasonic earbud headphones and even generic stereo earbud headphones all work fine - its just the Samsung earbud headphones that are the problem for me :confused:

MystaMagoo

Nov 15, 2008
www.teamagoo.uk
It's in a leather wallet.

I tired pulling it out but it doesn't change it.

It is weird, because this problem is not there with other headphones - just the Samsung ones?

iphone earbud headphones, panasonic earbud headphones and even generic stereo earbud headphones all work fine - its just the Samsung earbud headphones that are the problem for me :confused:

Are you using a different 'SoundAlive setting?
It may also be a restriction of your S4 earbuds in that they only work properly with an S4,which sounds like it may be so seeing as other earphones work?

HanZie82

I'm not sure if you are serious or being sarcastic :confused:

All music that is played on ANY music player on my Samsung galaxy Note 3 using my Samsung Galaxy S4 earbud headphones does this.

I have not enabled any karaoke setting, and I have not even installed any karaoke app. This just happens no matter what music I listen to and regardless of the player used on the phone.

Like I said in the OP, it seems like the SGN3 is stuck in surround sound mode when the SGS4 earbud headphones are connected instead of playing in stereo - or the vocal track is being removed during playback by the SGN3.

Maybe there is a hidden setting that can lock the headphone output to stereo?

Because you had not stated what audio player you used, so i guessed. Had no other choice.
And you should also display what ROM you use, as difrent roms have difrent sound settings.

Buit it sounds like the headset is not compatible with the N3. Is there anyone you can borrow original N3 headset from. Because it sounds like it wont be solved with software setting, else you'd done that already.

unnefer

Aug 19, 2010
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

A quick follow up for anyone who has posted a reply or is experiencing the same problem. I've found the root of the problem are after a lot of testing with different headphones.

The problem is caused by the type of earbud headphone - specifically earbud headphone that include a built-in mic. So this is not limited to the SGS4 earbuds, but rather earbuds that include a built-in mic.

Thus far I've tested with several different versions of Sony and Panasonic earbuds, and both Samsung S3 and S4 earbuds. So I'd expect it to be the same for all earbud headphones that include a built-in mic and are supplied along with the mobile phone.

Regular earbud headphones (without a mic) and any other stereo headphones work properly.

I have no idea why this happens with the note 3, but I hope this helps stop all the frustration felt by those who experiences this in future.

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

A quick follow up for anyone who has posted a reply or is experiencing the same problem. I've found the root of the problem are after a lot of testing with different headphones.

The problem is caused by the type of earbud headphone - specifically earbud headphone that include a built-in mic. So this is not limited to the SGS4 earbuds, but rather earbuds that include a built-in mic.

Thus far I've tested with several different versions of Sony and Panasonic earbuds, and both Samsung S3 and S4 earbuds. So I'd expect it to be the same for all earbud headphones that include a built-in mic and are supplied along with the mobile phone.

Regular earbud headphones (without a mic) and any other stereo headphones work properly.

I have no idea why this happens with the note 3, but I hope this helps stop all the frustration felt by those who experiences this in future.

Uh, I'm always (literally about 12 hours a day) using AKG K323XS A earbuds (with N7player). Never encountered the issue you mention.

I also do not experience the issue with the headphones I got with my SGS3, SGS5, LG L5-II, HTC HD2 and about 20 Apple ones (both cheap china ones and the official ones.).

No such issue on any of them. ALL of them have inbuild Microphones.

Have you tried cleaning the audio jack?

unnefer

Aug 19, 2010
Uh, I'm always (literally about 12 hours a day) using AKG K323XS A earbuds (with N7player). Never encountered the issue you mention.
Like I said above, I have no idea why this happens with the note 3, using those specific earbuds with mics that I mentioned.

I also do not experience the issue with the headphones I got with my SGS3, SGS5, LG L5-II, HTC HD2 and about 20 Apple ones (both cheap china ones and the official ones.).
Are you sure they were SGS3 ones? I only ask because I am 100% certain that the ones I tried were SGS3 and they definitely had the same problem that I mentioned in the OP.

Regardless, there seems to be a definite problem with some of the earbud headphones that include a mic (at least for me with those I tested), and as long as that is mentioned it will help others who experience the same problem that I have, as detailed in the OP :)

If the SGS5 and AKG K323XS A earbuds work, then I'd suggest ppl try them if they own a note 3 and want earbuds with a mic :good:

As per my last post, regular earbud headphones (without a mic) and any other stereo headphones work properly for me, which rules out a dirty audio jack :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rysio101
Like I said above, I have no idea why this happens with the note 3, using those specific earbuds with mics that I mentioned.

Are you sure they were SGS3 ones? I only ask because I am 100% certain that the ones I tried were SGS3 and they definitely had the same problem that I mentioned in the OP.

Regardless, there seems to be a definite problem with some of the earbud headphones that include a mic, and as long as that is mentioned it will help others who experience what I have, as detailed in the OP :)

If the SGS5 and AKG K323XS A earbuds work, then I'd suggest ppl try them if they own a note 3 and want earbuds with a mic :good:

Very sure, I tried both pairs (I have 2 SGS3's. Or well, I gave them away to my parents but you get the point.)

As per my last post, regular earbud headphones (without a mic) and any other stereo headphones work properly for me, which rules out a dirty audio jack :)

It might not rule it out directly. The microphone is a third connector ring on the plug. Which is why audio extension cables never work and a headset/mic combination, as they lack the third connector. (that's why gaming headsets have two plugs, one for the mic and one for the sound.) If the receptor for it has metallic particles on it, the phone might think you're recording voice and automatically alter some setting.

Considering that, quick and dirty trick to try. What happens if you use a tiny audio extension cable (or even a 3.5 to 3.5mm plug, or 3.5 to 2.5 to 3.5mm (two plugs)) with a headset with a microphone?? Does it still give produce the same issue? (Those are unboxed in most electronic stores, so no need to buy one to try it.)

delan365

Mar 28, 2011
Hi,

Bump. Same problem here...

Techniques

Jul 14, 2012
Probably because the wires inside are damaged. If you fiddle around with the cord and you suddenly hear vocals again, it's time to change earphones.

FrankenMerc

Mar 8, 2015
hope this helps

Hi,

I too have a similar problem. I adjusted the balance to the left, and to the right. This fixed my problem.

Jun 5, 2011
I had similar problem with my new Meelec M-Duo when I plugged it into Galaxy Note 3. Later realized that the phone bumper was obstructing the proper plug in. Without the bumper on on the phone, the headphone works perfect. Just thought of letting you guys know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regardless, there seems to be a definite problem with some of the earbud headphones that include a mic (at least for me with those I tested), and as long as that is mentioned it will help others who experience the same problem that I have, as detailed in the OP :)