Screen Protectors

Search This thread

nicodemayo

Mar 29, 2011
Kennesaw, Ga
Just received my Xtreme guards. In case anybody is interested, the protectors don't address the rounded screen. It doesn't come with the wet application solution; you get to make your own with soap & water.

They also recommend you leave your phone off for 8-24 hours after installation.

Um.... no, that dog won't hunt - I'm on call. I'll probably put these on at some point, but I don't have high hopes.

Really? I got mine in today as well and applied mine. Despite the warning on leaving your phone off, I turned mine on right after I was done applying it and making sure everything was as dry as I could get it. lol. I'm actually very impressed. There are still some liquid bubbles underneath the cover but I now have considerably less even after applying it 4 or 5 hours ago. I imagine they'll all be gone by the morning. Also, just because they're flat covers, this doesn't mean they don't address the rounded screen. They do conform to the curved edges quite nicely once you apply them. They don't run entirely to the edge of the glass but pretty darn close. It took me about 15 minutes to get it on just right. I ordered 4 and I am very happy with them.

Last edited:

JTNiggle

Jun 6, 2010
Pac NW
Really? I got mine in today as well and applied mine. Despite the warning on leaving your phone off, I turned mine on right after I was done applying it and making sure everything was as dry as I could get it. lol. I'm actually very impressed. There are still some liquid bubbles underneath the cover but I now have considerably less even after applying it 4 or 5 hours ago. I imagine they'll all be gone by the morning. Also, just because they're flat covers, this doesn't mean they don't address the rounded screen. They do conform to the curved edges quite nicely once you apply them. They don't run entirely to the edge of the glass but pretty darn close. It took me about 15 minutes to get it on just right. I ordered 4 and I am very happy with them.

I'll second that, mine went on well and I never even turned the phone off. Just be careful with the water, you only need a few drops.

Sent from my phablet

x4sper

Jun 15, 2010
mine went on great they go over the rounded corners somewhat well at least enought where my diztronic tpu covers it. everything is perfectly covered. great product for the price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

freddie813

Aug 8, 2010
NA
Someone throw some hi-res pics of the xtremeguard cover up here for all of us? The cover already applied to the phone, that is.

FlipMarc

Jul 1, 2011
NJ
I applied the Xtremeguards on my wife and I phones last night. Sorry no pics. They do conform to the rounded edges pretty well. The only place I can easily see the edge of the Xtremguard is the cut out of the front facing camera. The rest blends in nicely. This the first time I've ever used a wet applied screen guard, and I like it :D I bought six of these because I always mess it up the first time.

I also didn't wait the 8-24hrs drying/curing period. Turned the phones on right away.

I do miss the smoothness of the bare glass. I'm going to leave it on for a while and see if I can live with it.

nicodemayo

Mar 29, 2011
Kennesaw, Ga
Its been a couple day since I applied mine and I have a couple of observations. The bubble are completely gone as expected. When I first put on the cover it sort of had a sticky or tackiness to it. I feel that the more I use it, the less tacky it gets. Overall I am highly satisfied with it because I am pretty picky about the screen covers that go on my phones. Also for those that are worried about the curved edges, this forms to the edges perfectly and although this cover doesn't go alllll the way to the edge of the glass, a tpu cover covers the seam, so you cant see it anywhere but around the camera like FlipMarc said above. I will try to get some pictures up today.

Reactions: rfarrah

Link1019

Jul 20, 2011
I got the Verizon screen protector on first day. im pretty rough on my devices. removed after like 5 minutes. it looked stupid and felt sticky :(

I just ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A7HY9ZS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 this one. looks like it covers way more glass the the Verizon one did.

I got the diztronic case now also, like others in this thread, ill probably end up not using one at all. glass screen is just so smooth and nice.

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I got the Verizon screen protector on first day. im pretty rough on my devices. removed after like 5 minutes. it looked stupid and felt sticky :(

I just ordered http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A7HY9ZS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 this one. looks like it covers way more glass the the Verizon one did.

I got the diztronic case now also, like others in this thread, ill probably end up not using one at all. glass screen is just so smooth and nice.

Let us know how you like it.

I installed my Xtreme guard today and I didn't do a very good job. I've put a number of wet-application protectors on my devices over the years, but today I just... sucked at it. I still have a number of pretty big (to me) bubbles and my once smooth screen is rather sticky and looks like, well, you can imagine. I'm going to rip that sucker off and maybe try again tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just go to the mall and see the ghost armor folks - that's what I had on my Rezound, so I'm pretty used to it.

G

GuestD2238

i know this will take away from the quality of the screen but i love the feeling of the matte/anti fingerprint ones. do any of these companies make them?

cromanorn

May 28, 2009
Just received my Zagg screen protector. As usual, went on easy and looks great. I've used Zagg on my last 3 devices and never have been let down.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
But I have heard someone said the Zagg screen protector is not good from other forum. Is it true?

It's a matter of opinion. FWIW, I think they are very good protectors. I don't know whether it is still true, but when I had one on my OG Incredible, the slight "orange peel" texture was a little less smooth than what I wanted. But as far as protection went, they were excellent.

tkags85

Dec 6, 2012
xtremeguard with diztronic tpu cover

Is there anyone who used the Xtremeguard screen protector with the Diztronic tpu cover?? After applying the screen protector when I try to put the diztronic case, my screen protector from the corners starts peeling off!! Its so annoying and I tired to tuck the screen protector under the case.. but the diztronic case is just too snug and perfect fitting that it starts peeling off the screen protector.. has anyone had this issue??

FlipMarc

Jul 1, 2011
NJ
Is there anyone who used the Xtremeguard screen protector with the Diztronic tpu cover?? After applying the screen protector when I try to put the diztronic case, my screen protector from the corners starts peeling off!! Its so annoying and I tired to tuck the screen protector under the case.. but the diztronic case is just too snug and perfect fitting that it starts peeling off the screen protector.. has anyone had this issue??

The same thing is happening to me with my eBay TPU cover and Xtremeguard screen protector. :(

Link1019

Jul 20, 2011
same thing happened with my Skinomi TechSkin. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

the actual screen protector is perfect. hugs curved edges with extreme precision. covers entire glass surface perfectly. easy to apply/align with the small camera cutout. I couldn't even tell it was applied.

I waited 12 hours, from application till my attempt to put the diztronic case on it. fail-city....corner peeled. like you, I tried to tuck and get away with that minor flaw. made it worse.
trying to place phone inside case at different angle, more carefully, ended up the same.

maybe I should have waited longer.

PhantomApollyon

Jul 11, 2007
same thing happened with my Skinomi TechSkin. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

the actual screen protector is perfect. hugs curved edges with extreme precision. covers entire glass surface perfectly. easy to apply/align with the small camera cutout. I couldn't even tell it was applied.

I waited 12 hours, from application till my attempt to put the diztronic case on it. fail-city....corner peeled. like you, I tried to tuck and get away with that minor flaw. made it worse.
trying to place phone inside case at different angle, more carefully, ended up the same.

maybe I should have waited longer.

The same thing is happening to me with my eBay TPU cover and Xtremeguard screen protector. :(

I know how this is going to sound but I'm gonna throw it out there incase anyone is wondering. While waiting on seidio, sgp or realook to put their SP's out I picked up the VZW clear ones, and while they don't fit the entire screen edge to edge they do feel/look fine and my diztronic TPU case doesn't bother it. There isn't any residue, it's dry application, and it works fine for now with my case while I wait on better stuff.

morpheousrx

Dec 13, 2010
Fwiw.... Any firm... Dry apply screen protector to my knowledge...will not cover the beveled edges. Especially using a tight fit tpu case. I am using a GhostArmor wet apply screen protector...(clear). They do make a matte one. After proper application...use no case for 24 hrs...then you are good to go. GhostArmor to me is the best...no orange peal look and the verizon black super thin tpu case begins where the ghost armor ends. I for one am very pleased. Ymmv.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

x4sper

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah same here I had to cut the protector by the camera because it kept peeling up. Now I don't have any sides coming up but I haven't removed the tpu

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people, just wanted to do my part and contribute.

Xtremeguards https://www.xtremeguard.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=droid+dna has the Droid DNA wet apply screen protector on sale for $1.50 (originally $15) with free shipping. Just enter in code "70OFF1" at checkout. I bought 3 of them. Hope this helps someone. I haven't personally had experience with xtremeguards but I've used xoskins, another wet apply option and it worked pretty well.

Not sure iff 70OFF1 is still working, but there is a new one 80off3
    screen protector

The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector is the best!
    Hey people, just wanted to do my part and contribute.

Xtremeguards https://www.xtremeguard.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=droid+dna has the Droid DNA wet apply screen protector on sale for $1.50 (originally $15) with free shipping. Just enter in code "70OFF1" at checkout. I bought 3 of them. Hope this helps someone. I haven't personally had experience with xtremeguards but I've used xoskins, another wet apply option and it worked pretty well.
    I am patiently waiting for sgp steinheil, and a decent sleeve.
    Do any of you guys that don't have screen protectors on have any scratches yet? I know it is not supposed to scratch but that's not always the case. I currently have the Verizon one on mine.

I work in construction sites a lot. And I use my flash light app a lot. I will sometimes lay my phone screen down above the ceiling. There is always metal shavings and chunks of cement up there and I do not have the smallest hint of a scratch on my screen. I have also dropped it on concrete and asphalt, still nothing.

I honestly think it is a sales gimmick.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2