[MOD][FLASHABLE] CRT-OFF Animation [VRALL4][VRALJB]

Search This thread

synaptic13

Mar 23, 2011
So odd that it only works every 5 time or so lol... Thx for the mod looking forward to a fix.... Currently on beans 8:)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

techgov8

Jul 10, 2012
So odd that it only works every 5 time or so lol... Thx for the mod looking forward to a fix.... Currently on beans 8:)

Did it bring back the persistent wifi notification for you? I flashed the first one he put out for JB and it worked but it changes alot of hacks beans put in so the wifi notification came back. Just wondering if it still comes back with the new one for VRALL4, cause im running build 8 too.

Doin' big thangs from my Note Deuce

Reactions: T4rd

synaptic13

Mar 23, 2011
Did it bring back the persistent wifi notification for you? I flashed the first one he put out for JB and it worked but it changes alot of hacks beans put in so the wifi notification came back. Just wondering if it still comes back with the new one for VRALL4, cause im running build 8 too.

Yep:-\

T4rd

Jun 15, 2010

Good thing I read this, I was just about to boot into recovery to flash this, heh. I just installed Beans 8 too and definitely don't want that persistent WiFi notification back. Thanks :)

Also, good to know that he's including it in the next build.

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ
Any ideas why AOSP lock screen is gone after flashing this? Thanks... Works perfectly

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

h311sdr0id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2011
You might want to check which files are flashed in this package against the files that are in the aosp package. If they are the same files or file, it will overwrite.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

newbomb

Apr 7, 2010
New York City
Flashing this really jacked up my phone. The persistent Wifi notification came back and then I couldn't reboot into recovery to restore my back up. It even took reboot into recovery out as an option when I restart.

h311sdr0id

Jul 20, 2011
Flashing this really jacked up my phone. The persistent Wifi notification came back and then I couldn't reboot into recovery to restore my back up. It even took reboot into recovery out as an option when I restart.

You gotta check what is being flashed. This is a MOD for a device that hasnt been modded with anything else. When you flash mods or mod packs, and then flash other mods, you can affect the other already missed files. The best thing to do is flash this on a stock base.

h311sdr0id

Jul 20, 2011
Works for me on beans 10. Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

Great! Thanks for reporting your experience.

=================================

Just a note to everyone.

When you download this (whether your on wind0ze, Linux, or a BSD like OSX), open it up and check out which files it will be replacing and where.

Then on your device (using a file manager with root permissions) make a copy or backup the files that will be affected by this flashable package.

Or, like with any changes you make to your phone, make a full NANDROID before installing anything. If your worried about space, then just delete old ones and keep the latest one backed up only. It takes a couple minutes to do a full backup, but its worth it to be able to go back to how you liked things with just clicking a few buttons.

ALWAYS NANDROID before you change anything (if you wanna be safe). Yeah the devs that are making full ROMs for this device like scrosler, beans, etc are doing constant testing to insure you don't have any issues. But, you could still potentially mess up your device if you didn't follow the requirements, or there is something else wrong with your device that you might not even be aware of, etc. So its always good to do a full NANDROID or BACKUP no matter what the scenario is.

Thanks,

-h311sdr0id

Reactions: gnex0422

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt
Anyone have any trouble with this in scotts clean rom 4.5 ace?

Edit:flashed this last nite, threw my phone into bootloop, backed up before i flashed luckly, would love to see this working, had it on my gnex and liked it alot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Last edited:

A_Sneaky_Kat

Apr 17, 2013
Pittsburgh
Do You work with other roms? Like jedix maybe possibly, that would be really cool if you could do the same thing for other roms such as jedix.

Last edited:

ryanhormozi

May 29, 2013
BOOT LOOP

i flashed it on the newest beans rom which i think is build 17. and it went into boot loop. i tried flashing the removal and still nothing. any ideas???

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
i flashed it on the newest beans rom which i think is build 17. and it went into boot loop. i tried flashing the removal and still nothing. any ideas???

Dirty flash the rom again and choose all the same options you originally did and it wont wipe data unless you misread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have seen a lot of posts requesting the CRT-OFF function for the i605.

NOTE: THIS IS FOR FLASHING ON A STOCK ROM. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE MODS, THIS MAY SCREW THEM UP.

THIS WAS PUT HERE MORE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND FOR IMPLEMENTING THIS INTO YOUR OWN MOD OR MOD PACK.

I WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR USERS WHO FLASH THIS WITHOUT CHECKING TO SEE WHAT IT WILL AFFECT.

Using a Tutorial, I got it working, but there is a weird timing issue.

It sometimes won't work if you turn the screen on and off rapidly. I have only tested it on a stock deodexed VRALJB ROM.

Reports below say it is working, so...

But I haven't had any negative side-effects other than it sometimes working and sometimes not when turning the screen on and off quickly.

I am in the process of making a flashable zip for the VRALL4 (after I eat).

UPDATED: VRALL4 is ready, I haven't tested it, but I used the same procedure that is universal (2013-02-09).

So, as long as your not sitting there clicking your screen on and off every two seconds, it works fine (for me it did).

Please give it a try, and if you have a problem, just go ahead and flash the REMOVE_OFF_CRT....

Any input or help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get this working 100% for everyone.

This is more of a starting point/beta stage.

Anyone using this in their ROM, please give a shout-out to these guys
    for creating the tutorials and helping me make this:

Dougi ------------------- for showing me where I needed to be.
    sorg --------------------- for his tutorial.
    TheDrunkenGuy --- for his "tips".

==================================================
    ### VRALL4 ###

CRT-OFF VRALL4 DEODEX sch i605.zip

chart

MD5: f4b287c2d255e57edfdfbb908bf1156f

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMOVE
    CRT-OFF VRALL4 DEODEX sch i605.zip

chart

MD5: e4ed27e4e5112b0b621040542672eaa2

### VRALJB ###

CRT-OFF VRALJB DEODEX sch i605.zip

chart

MD5: 58e550944f936cc35fcfa98e074d0f11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMOVE
    CRT-OFF VRALJB DEODEX sch i605.zip

chart

MD5: b3410ce8d824c6bb4915e958e1a5917f

CREDITS:
    Dougi - for showing me where I needed to be.
    sorg - for his tutorial.
    TheDrunkenGuy - for his "tips".

Yeah my apologies for not uploading anything but I'm out of the house drinking using Tapatalk :D
    Using a Tutorial, I got it working, but there is a weird timing issue.

f you turn the screen on and then off within a few seconds, the CRT wont work. It works if you give it at least 5 seconds. I have only tested it on a stock deodexed VRALJB ROM.

And sometimes it's just flaky.

That may not be exclusive to the this phone. I noticed this behavior occasionally on my Galaxy Nexus on stock/AOSP ROMs. It didn't do it consistently, but I would sometimes notice that the animation wouldn't activate shortly after waking the phone and even sometimes after using the phone for a while. So it may or may not be related, but I thought I'd mention it.
    You guys, always check what your flashing. Anytime you get something to flash, unzip it and take a look. See what is going to be modified.

If your are on a ROM that already has the android.policy.jar and services.jar modified, get these two files from your ROM, zip them together and upload them somewhere. Then send me a link and I'll patch them :)

Its that easy. Then I'll post em here and we will get a long list of working flashables to work with everyone's ROMs.