pit files for i317 and i317m

Search This thread

rbb1robert

Sep 16, 2012
I had similar issue, and was able to resolve it by following this thread. YOu need to restore factory original by following this thread from XDA.

Please don't forget to Thank

The files provided are only for phone I317 and not I317M

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490003986

Instructions:

1. Download "back to stock" zip folder I uploaded. It contains all the files needed. No need to search around.

2. Unzip the file and extract the folder to your desktop.

3. Open folder and install Samsung drivers if not already done so.

4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume up, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.

5. Once in recovery... delete data, system, cache, dev cache like you want to flash a new rom. Turn the phone off by pulling the battery or see option for power off device under custom recovery.

6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume down, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.

7. Now open odin3.07 I provided in the folder u downloaded. Once open connect your phone via usb. Windows should install device drivers. Once thats done, you should see com## on the Odin software.

8. On odin software you should see button called PDA. Click on it and browse to the file called KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user _low_ship.tar. in the folder provided by me. select it and hit ok. Odin will process the file. It will take max 2 to 3 min.

9. Before you click start on Odin make sure auto reboot and F. reset time is checked only. Everything else unchecked. Click start button. Odin will start flashing the factory firmware. It will take time.

10. Once Odin is done flashing. phone will reboot. Now you can disconnect the usb cable. When phone is fully rebooted, skip all the prompt and get to home screen.

11. Turn the phone off again and get into download mode. Connect usb cable to computer with Odin open. Click Pda and select file called CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar. Let Odin process it and then click start. Once flashing the root file is done. Phone should reboot to home screen. Now you have root. The reason we need root is to get rid of counter # in download more. It should say zero.

12. Connect your phone to computer while on the home screen. Open phone internal storage and go to download folder and copy Triangle away.apk into it.

13. Go into settings and security and check unknown sources.

14. Go to apps and open application "my file". Go to download folder and select triangle away application to install. install it. Open application application and scroll down and select reset counter option. Make sure your are connected to wifi. Confirm you phone is I317 and triangle away will download the file. Your phone should reboot into some type of reset counter recovery screen. follow the instruction on the screen to reset the counter. After that phone should reboot.

15. Once rebooted uninstall triangle away apk. Now open super user application and scrool down and click fully unroot. When done go into stock recovery and clear data and cache. reboot phone. All done. Your counter is set to zero. Your phone should read normal under settings.

You can update your phone under settings from att servers.

Enjoy.

Thanks to chainfire for his triangle away app and root for our device.
Flashing this method but failing at sboot.bin..has done this several times.
Phone is good-looking at att screen.what next?thanks

TrialMacameau

May 12, 2020
As a general FYI, if you think you need to repartition your phone it is also possible that your phone has experienced:

a) A hardware issue, possibly partial or total emmc failure.

b) A mismatch between bootloader (sboot.bin) and trustzone (tz.img) versions. See this post or my MK6 stock thread for some possible options to fix this.

As a step of last resort to recreate the partition table on your phone, a pit file may be what you need. This can be done in either Odin or Heimdall.

Warning - repartitioning your phone may erase all data and might cause other unintended consequences. You assume all risk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To use a pit file in Odin, this is typically done as part of a flashing a stock rom package, like the LJ2 or MA4 package for the i317 (or similar package for the i317m). You specify the pit file in the PIT section, make sure the repartition box is checked, and then add the rom package in the PDA section like usual.

If you are running an official 4.3 or later bootloader you will not be able to successfully flash a stock firmware package that contains earlier bootloaders - Odin will hang and you will need to find a different stock package to flash that does not contain a bootloader. (i.e. If you took the the i317 4.3 OTA and are running the MK6 bootloader or a later bootloader, you'll want to avoid UCAMA4)

The attached zip includes pit files for both the i317 and the i317m. The partition mapping is the same for both (see the included analysis files), but the pit files have unique security signatures which are accepted only by the bootloader of the specific model phone for which they are intended. I've tested the file for the i317 and can confirm that it works as intended. The file for the i317m was pulled the same way by an XDA member (thanks @plemen !) with an i317m and I've confirmed it is formatted correctly. It has now been confirmed as working.
YOU SAVED MY LIFE ! I was having issues after flashing the stock rom that it wouldn't mount /data, /system and /cache That PIT for my I317M saved my phone from the modified partitions I did to make Lineage18 working but not working well because my SIM card was not working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a general FYI, if you think you need to repartition your phone it is also possible that your phone has experienced:

a) A hardware issue, possibly partial or total emmc failure.

b) A mismatch between bootloader (sboot.bin) and trustzone (tz.img) versions. See this post or my MK6 stock thread for some possible options to fix this.

As a step of last resort to recreate the partition table on your phone, a pit file may be what you need. This can be done in either Odin or Heimdall.

Warning - repartitioning your phone may erase all data and might cause other unintended consequences. You assume all risk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To use a pit file in Odin, this is typically done as part of a flashing a stock rom package, like the LJ2 or MA4 package for the i317 (or similar package for the i317m). You specify the pit file in the PIT section, make sure the repartition box is checked, and then add the rom package in the PDA section like usual.

If you are running an official 4.3 or later bootloader you will not be able to successfully flash a stock firmware package that contains earlier bootloaders - Odin will hang and you will need to find a different stock package to flash that does not contain a bootloader. (i.e. If you took the the i317 4.3 OTA and are running the MK6 bootloader or a later bootloader, you'll want to avoid UCAMA4)

The attached zip includes pit files for both the i317 and the i317m. The partition mapping is the same for both (see the included analysis files), but the pit files have unique security signatures which are accepted only by the bootloader of the specific model phone for which they are intended. I've tested the file for the i317 and can confirm that it works as intended. The file for the i317m was pulled the same way by an XDA member (thanks @plemen !) with an i317m and I've confirmed it is formatted correctly. It has now been confirmed as working.
    If you want to learn a bit more about pit files, check out this thread by Adam Outler:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540480
    pit files should be back in a day or two (I'll be testing over the weekend).

Depending on what happened to your phone it's still highly probable that your pit (partition) data is fine. There's a way to confirm this using Heimdall - when time permits I'll add instructions to post #2. That's a safer first step than attempting a repartition.

As for bootloader and firmware - if you've never taken an OTA, and you're not on a 4.3 bootloader your best bet for stock firmware is UCAMA4. It's a more complete and somewhat newer package than the other option (UCALJ2). You can get this from sammobile, or a mirror copy I have linked in post #2 here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589891

that post also has information on a couple apps you can load that will allow you to check which bootloader you have loaded once your phone is operational.
    Thanks for doing this! Did you have any luck over the weekend? Looking to re-partition as I'm unable to mount.
    I expected a test phone on Saturday that didn't arrive until Tuesday thanks to the USPS getting the day off on Monday. Once I confirm the files work as intended I will repost them.

As for the issue you are having - what partition isn't mounting? Can you provide more detail?
    Pit files are back up and attached to the OP. The i317 pit file is tested and confirmed working.

The i317m file is identical, except for the security signature. I'm currently looking for someone with a healthy i317m willing to test flash the i317m pit file to confirm it works. (I would do this myself, but I don't have an i317m).